Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hey guys! Great news for karnataka people. Tata Docomo will launch their services today! Cheers!

^^Awesome! Any source?

Doesn't matter much as we'll know it today!

First time in docomo a call could not be connected - network busy, even no incoming call.. but it got cleared in 5 mins and now working fine..

The Karnataka prepaid plans section in the Tata DoCoMo website is up, though the launch has not yet been officially announced in the media.

I would like to congratulate Mr. Shashank, Mr. Vinayak Pai and everybody from the state of Karnataka. :):thumb:

Source: Tata DoCoMo website

Edited by bhargavachandra

Thanks Bhargav. Hoping that Tata Docomo would be launched in Andhra Pradesh as well at the earliest.

The Karnataka prepaid plans section in the Tata DoCoMo website is up, though the launch has not yet been officially announced in the media.

I would like to congratulate Mr. Shashank, Mr. Vinayak Pai and everybody from the state of Karnataka. :):thumb:

Source: Tata DoCoMo website

Btw, even Andhra's prepaid and postpaid sections are up.

In the prepaid special tariff voucher section - Coming soon to Hyderabad. :Contento:

Btw, even Andhra's prepaid and postpaid sections are up.

In the prepaid special tariff voucher section - Coming soon to Hyderabad. :Contento:

Wow!!! I can't believe my eyes... :Sorprendido: Thank You so much for the update, Mr. Sonam Kumar!!

Edited by bhargavachandra

tata docomo lauched in AP and karnataka

source: telecom talk

http://telecomtalk.info/tata-docomo-launch...a-pradesh/6316/

TATA DOCOMO today rolled out its much awaited GSM Mobile service in Karnataka and AndhraPradesh. The Prepaid Starter Pack comes for Rs.49 in both circle with Life time validity.

Tata DoCoMo has also reveled wide range of products and services at the launch including 1 paise per second for all calls including local and STD on a pan-India basis free sms both local and national SMS(first sms will be charged).

The Customer Care Number for TATA Docomo Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka is 9030012345 and 9036012345.

It also announced the introduction of the pay as you use advantage for many of its value added services like voice portals, 24 hour music, cricket commentary and voice chat among others.First 27,000 seconds in STD calls will be charged at 1 paisa per second in a month, beyond that 2 paisa per second in that month.

Tata Docomo GPRS net surfing is charged at 1p/1kb on Tata home network and 10p/10kb on Tata and non tata roaming network.

Yippee!!!!! I got a Tata Docomo Connection :clap1::clap1:

FULL SIGNAL throughout my house :) More details in few moments :)

BTW that dealer told me that i was the FIRST customer!!! :) :) Don't know whether its in that area or what...

UPDATE: Tried downloading the iChannel software but it says my handset is not compatible!!!

But mine is Nokia N73 whic is a good old S60 phone! If this is not supported then what is supported?!

Edited by shashank

^^^^ Congrats dude!!!!! That was really fast.

Yippee!!!!! I got a Tata Docomo Connection

congrats.. waiting for your reviews..

:bs_offtopic:

Is there any operator in the world other than Tata DoCoMo having pay-per-second tariff model?

Mr. Bhargava Chandra - It's your day today.

I think you will next visit this discussion thread only after you get your SIM.

Do keep us updated about Andhra proceedings and your experiences.

really fast, but don't kow why they delayed in TN and kerala circle.

Secondly

Myaccount section is now opened, so we can register and use thier online services.

thirdly

NTT DOCOMO wants to escape Japan for mobile growth

Posted by Cian on Jul 9, 2009 11:29

source: http://www.gomonews.com/ntt-docomo-wants-t...-mobile-growth/

NTT DoCoMo is looking to invest in Asian carriers outside of Japan. This isn’t a surprise after the aggressive behaviour of the mobile operator this year, and it echoes the actions of South Korean mobile operator SK Telecom. They’ve even got the same reason for looking abroad: a mature, saturated market in their home country is slowing growth.

We’ve been reporting on various moves NTT has made with Indian operator TaTa Teleservices. Their joint-venture, TATA DOCOMO, has been expanding it’s 3G capable GSM network aggressively in India. But other Asian countries have been sealing DoCoMo deals as well. Axiata in Bangladesh and U-Mobile in Malaysia have both seen significant investment from NTT.

Via Reuters

What we think?

NTT DoCoMo really seems to be shining under pressure. The threat from the relatively new Japanese operator Softbank has spurred them on to greater efforts. We’ve seen massive efforts not only in foreign expansion, but also towards mobile video, LTE and Android. NTT really seems to be pushing as hard they can to diversify and expand into territories with growing popularity. Yesterdays announcement about subscriber numbers indicates that their strategies are working somewhat.

^^^

Yes "MY Account" is up. i got sms from them with temporary password..

Features

Edit profile

Activate/Deactivate DND [15 days to process]

Prepaid Details [currently details not found]

My services - View service request status

My Services - Activate /Deactivate features - Currently available feature- Caller Ring Back Tone

FULL SIGNAL throughout my house :) More details in few moments :)

BTW that dealer told me that i was the FIRST customer!!! :) :) Don't know whether its in that area or what...

UPDATE: Tried downloading the iChannel software but it says my handset is not compatible!!!

But mine is Nokia N73 whic is a good old S60 phone! If this is not supported then what is supported?!

What is this iChannel software? does it support Nokia N86

Looks like there is some problem from their end with Dive in portal. Its says my handset is not compatible even if i try to download any game!

Also did anyone notice that it has Live TV service provided by apalya! Though iam not a big fan of this 'Live TV' as we have to download the clip b4 we watch it! Its available free of cost now :)

Here is the GPRS test Speed:

514102222.png

Download Speed: 170Kbps and Upload Speed: 100Kbps Ping Time ~650ms

Browsing speed is awesome..this has the best browsing speed compared to:

Airtel GSM Mobile

Vodafone

Tata Indicom CDMA Mobile

Reliance GSM

But then i guess there are hardly 10(can be much less than that) subscribers in our area! So we have to see how it fares when there are good amt of subscribers :)

Edited by shashank

I guess its better than even Reliance CDMA..

As am getting a max of 140 KBPS speed while using my Rworld connection.

BTW what is the monthly charge of GPRS in TATA DoCoMo? Is it unlimited plan?

Any idea in what frequency Tata Docomo operates in TN ?

Dear Mr. Ganesan,

Tata DoCoMo is operating on the GSM 1800 MHz frequency in most of the circles since the GSM 900 MHz frequency has already been used up. I guess it should be 1800 MHz in Tamil Nadu too, but I don't have any authentic source of information to support it.

Thanks.

If it is 1800 Mhz, then they would require more cell sites to give coverage without any breaks. Lets get feedback from users about the coverage

But tata alredy given their commitment that "Their coverage will more than any operator at day 1 of launch, and it will be incresed so on"

So i don't think they will follow same story as rcom had done with gsm1800mhz,

Even Airtel is working on1800mhz in most circle, still it is NUMBER 1 telcom company in india.

See what i mean to say if company plans and make strategy to develop network then technolgy or 1800mhz or capex doen't come into picture.

Badly rcom strategy or planing doesn't allow them to install more tower, so they ended with poor gsm n/w.

^^^

5 days of usage - so far no call drops, no connectivity problem, no network problem. best coverage in my town, especially indoor..

after every outgoing call it shows last call charges as well as seconds saved in that call.. i just added most of the saved seconds and it totaled around 5-6 minutes so far..

Dear ramesh, u saved total 5-6minute, but want to know after how many calls or minute u spoke.

So we can know percentage of saving in second billing.

thanks

I agree that with 1800 Mhz, Airtel is able to give very very good coverage. But one point you have to bear in mind is that it took Airtel this many years to build its network. Their team would be studying each and every town, village and install cell sites wherever there was a problem. So if Tata Docomo also invests money and if it has the idea to provide 100% coverage, then 1800Mhz is not a problem.

Also the Missed Call Alert is very super and instantaneous in Airtel. Even with so many cell sites in my town, occasionally I receive MCA in my Airtel.

Lets wait and see what is in store for us from Tata Docomo

Got my prepaid SIM a few hours back.

Here is my review:

Out-door network coverage: Excellent 5/5

In-door network coverage: Good (swinging between 3/5 to 5/5)

Call connectivity: No interconnect issues and no delay ( you don't feel like you are using new network)

Network stability: Stable, no call drops (my longest call was 42 min.)

Voice clarity: Clear and no noise.

SMS: No issues

Voice mail: haven't tried yet.

GPRS: working fine (my hand set does not support i-channel application)

Missed call alerts: haven't tried yet (I find it hard to switch-off the phone)

Low balance alert (USSD based): alerting when balance is less than Rs. 40 (most operators set it at Rs.10 or Rs.15)

Customer care representative connectivity: In less than 5 seconds.

SIM availability in the market: started selling from yesterday, 7 in the evening....... there are plenty of numbers available, but mostly uneasy numbers.

After-call balance display is the only feature I faced with a problem. It is not displaying sometimes (nearly 3 out of 10 times).

I'll get back soon.............

:bs_offtopic:

Is there any operator in the world other than Tata DoCoMo having pay-per-second tariff model?

Virgin UK does the same along with Orange France.

I agree that with 1800 Mhz, Airtel is able to give very very good coverage. But one point you have to bear in mind is that it took Airtel this many years to build its network. Their team would be studying each and every town, village and install cell sites wherever there was a problem. So if Tata Docomo also invests money and if it has the idea to provide 100% coverage, then 1800Mhz is not a problem.

according to my friend [working in R&D, planning of a telecom network] tata docomo is having the most advanced technology in network. airtel is still with the old instruments and design, only thing is they have more towers..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NTT Docomo may locate R&D centre in Bangalore

Source

BANGALORE: Japanese telecom company NTT Docomo, with a 26 per cent stake in Tata Teleservices, may locate its fourth global research and development centre in India. Docomo has R&D centres in Japan, the U.S. and China.

Speaking to reporters at the roll-out of GSM services by Tata Teleservices-Docomo, Tata Teleservices Managing Director Anil Sardana said India was poised to undertake major research and design work for the Japanese company and “this centre could even be in Bangalore”. Tata-Docomo has simultaneously launched GSM services in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Orissa. It has received GSM liceneces for 19 telecom circles. Docomo itself is in the process of introducing 4G services in Japan.

Value-added services

We will provide a number of personalised value-added services. An example will be alerts about school timings. Customer feedback showed that a mobile phone is not just a device but a way of life for many,” Mr. Sardana said. Tie-up for customised Blackberry handsets was underway.

For its new services, Tata Teleservices has come out with a novel tariff plan of one paise per second, uniform across India. The tagline will be ‘pay only for what you use’. This rate was decided after market surveys showed that 70 per cent subscribers of all service providers were dissatisfied with the tariffs offered.

Edited by savramesh

^

airtel's network management including network expansion is outsourced(either nokia or ericsson) to the best of my knowledge ..so upgrade was nt needed till now as competion was not life threatening till now..they will catchup before MNP

Tata Docomo launches GSM service in Karnataka, earmarks $150 mn

Source

BANGALORE: Tata Docomo, the GSM brand of Tata Teleservices Limited, on Thursday announced the commercial launch of its operations in Karnataka and will invest $ 2 billion for rolling out the services across the country.

The company has earmarked an investment of $ two billion on its pan-India GSM network roll-out, to be completed this year, including $ 150 million in Karnataka, Tata Teleservices Ltd Managing Director Anil Sardana told reporters here.

Tata Docomo has already launched services in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Orissa and the entire south India is set to go "live" next week, he said. The company's GSM service offers "pay-for-what-you-use" model, with a pulse of one second, and a pricing of one paise per second.

Subscribers can call anywhere in India for just one paise per second, and in Karnataka, the GSM service covers 427 towns and 2,642 villages, including in areas of railway lines and highways, Sardana said.

Asked about the financial viability of offering GSM service at one paise per second and pay-for-what-you-use model when other operators offer it on per-minute basis, he said the service has "unleashed usage" in the circles it has been launched with the company not only confident of beating its own internal targets but also surpassing them.