Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

according to my friend [working in R&D, planning of a telecom network] tata docomo is having the most advanced technology in network. airtel is still with the old instruments and design, only thing is they have more towers..

I have mailed the company for a post-paid connection and they have replied that they will send a representative to my address. Meanwhile today my friend is buying a pre-paid and we both are going to Courtallam - tourist place in TN. We will check the coverage there and on the way and post you details.

Very eager to test Tata Docomo technology

Just noticed an interesting thing in call charges

i made a call and ended.. my phone shows 0.43 seconds, but i was charged 44p... dont know if this is happening in most of the calls.

this shows a 0-1 sec delay or difference between phone counter and tata billing server's counter. when we end a call, phone immediately stop counting, but by the time this end message reaches tata server, it would have counted another second..

i made a call and ended.. my phone shows 0.43 seconds, but i was charged 44p... dont know if this is happening in most of the calls.

this shows a 0-1 sec delay or difference between phone counter and tata billing server's counter. when we end a call, phone immediately stop counting, but by the time this end message reaches tata server, it would have counted another second..

there are a no of thing the operator converts millisecond into second, if u call and duration of call is 59.5 then they will treat it as 60 seconds, if duration is 59.4 some operator treats it as 59 second where as some any thing above 59. it is 60 seconds.

so tata may also be treating calls in milisecond and any call ending above it is taking to nxt second.

where as our phone shows 59.6 as 60 and 59.5 as 59 second

so there will be conflict in call duration shown in cell phone and actual call charge

Here is the GPRS test Speed:

514102222.png

Download Speed: 170Kbps and Upload Speed: 100Kbps Ping Time ~650ms

Browsing speed is awesome..this has the best browsing speed compared to:

Airtel GSM Mobile

Vodafone

Tata Indicom CDMA Mobile

Reliance GSM

But then i guess there are hardly 10(can be much less than that) subscribers in our area! So we have to see how it fares when there are good amt of subscribers :)

may be due to EDGE, which is having maximum speed of 384kbps.

Any idea in what frequency Tata Docomo operates in TN ?

Dear Mr. Ganesan,

Tata DoCoMo is operating on the GSM 1800 MHz frequency in most of the circles since the GSM 900 MHz frequency has already been used up. I guess it should be 1800 MHz in Tamil Nadu too, but I don't have any authentic source of information to support it.

Thanks.

If it is 1800 Mhz, then they would require more cell sites to give coverage without any breaks. Lets get feedback from users about the coverage

But tata alredy given their commitment that "Their coverage will more than any operator at day 1 of launch, and it will be incresed so on"

So i don't think they will follow same story as rcom had done with gsm1800mhz,

Even Airtel is working on1800mhz in most circle, still it is NUMBER 1 telcom company in india.

See what i mean to say if company plans and make strategy to develop network then technolgy or 1800mhz or capex doen't come into picture.

Badly rcom strategy or planing doesn't allow them to install more tower, so they ended with poor gsm n/w.

^^^

5 days of usage - so far no call drops, no connectivity problem, no network problem. best coverage in my town, especially indoor..

after every outgoing call it shows last call charges as well as seconds saved in that call.. i just added most of the saved seconds and it totaled around 5-6 minutes so far..

Dear ramesh, u saved total 5-6minute, but want to know after how many calls or minute u spoke.

So we can know percentage of saving in second billing.

thanks

I agree that with 1800 Mhz, Airtel is able to give very very good coverage. But one point you have to bear in mind is that it took Airtel this many years to build its network. Their team would be studying each and every town, village and install cell sites wherever there was a problem. So if Tata Docomo also invests money and if it has the idea to provide 100% coverage, then 1800Mhz is not a problem.

Also the Missed Call Alert is very super and instantaneous in Airtel. Even with so many cell sites in my town, occasionally I receive MCA in my Airtel.

Lets wait and see what is in store for us from Tata Docomo

TATA always want to do investment but in cdma it laks due to spectrum issue.

To be top among top three palyer in india, tata docomo really have to hard, when it comes to network part, also for MNP too, but sadly mnp got dealyed

Got my prepaid SIM a few hours back.

Here is my review:

Out-door network coverage: Excellent 5/5

In-door network coverage: Good (swinging between 3/5 to 5/5)

Call connectivity: No interconnect issues and no delay ( you don't feel like you are using new network)

Network stability: Stable, no call drops (my longest call was 42 min.)

Voice clarity: Clear and no noise.

SMS: No issues

Voice mail: haven't tried yet.

GPRS: working fine (my hand set does not support i-channel application)

Missed call alerts: haven't tried yet (I find it hard to switch-off the phone)

Low balance alert (USSD based): alerting when balance is less than Rs. 40 (most operators set it at Rs.10 or Rs.15)

Customer care representative connectivity: In less than 5 seconds.

SIM availability in the market: started selling from yesterday, 7 in the evening....... there are plenty of numbers available, but mostly uneasy numbers.

After-call balance display is the only feature I faced with a problem. It is not displaying sometimes (nearly 3 out of 10 times).

I'll get back soon.............

Congrats Mr bhargav, i think u got u wish completed now it's MY turn,

I agree that with 1800 Mhz, Airtel is able to give very very good coverage. But one point you have to bear in mind is that it took Airtel this many years to build its network. Their team would be studying each and every town, village and install cell sites wherever there was a problem. So if Tata Docomo also invests money and if it has the idea to provide 100% coverage, then 1800Mhz is not a problem.

according to my friend [working in R&D, planning of a telecom network] tata docomo is having the most advanced technology in network. airtel is still with the old instruments and design, only thing is they have more towers..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NTT Docomo may locate R&D centre in Bangalore

Source

BANGALORE: Japanese telecom company NTT Docomo, with a 26 per cent stake in Tata Teleservices, may locate its fourth global research and development centre in India. Docomo has R&D centres in Japan, the U.S. and China.

Speaking to reporters at the roll-out of GSM services by Tata Teleservices-Docomo, Tata Teleservices Managing Director Anil Sardana said India was poised to undertake major research and design work for the Japanese company and “this centre could even be in Bangalore”. Tata-Docomo has simultaneously launched GSM services in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Orissa. It has received GSM liceneces for 19 telecom circles. Docomo itself is in the process of introducing 4G services in Japan.

Value-added services

We will provide a number of personalised value-added services. An example will be alerts about school timings. Customer feedback showed that a mobile phone is not just a device but a way of life for many,” Mr. Sardana said. Tie-up for customised Blackberry handsets was underway.

For its new services, Tata Teleservices has come out with a novel tariff plan of one paise per second, uniform across India. The tagline will be ‘pay only for what you use’. This rate was decided after market surveys showed that 70 per cent subscribers of all service providers were dissatisfied with the tariffs offered.

Thanaks NTT to show interest in indian market, and ready for R n D center,

When it will start??

I have mailed the company for a post-paid connection and they have replied that they will send a representative to my address. Meanwhile today my friend is buying a pre-paid and we both are going to Courtallam - tourist place in TN. We will check the coverage there and on the way and post you details.

Very eager to test Tata Docomo technology

Thanks bhargav, let us know upadate.

Ramesh it shud be 0.43minutes or 43 second,

Anyway u don't get cheated if u got chagred 44paise, bcoz it's per second billing,

Think situation like this when u r having minute pulse, and calls end at 60second,??

Dear member do u have any update for VIRGIN GSM??? :GirandoOjos:

Anyway u don't get cheated if u got chagred 44paise, bcoz it's per second billing,

Think situation like this when u r having minute pulse, and calls end at 60second,??

Yes i am not at all worried even this happens in all calls because its per second billing..

Also in per minute pulse, not all calls ends at 60 seconds, but it happens sometimes and is equivalent to 60 such calls in docomo :)

if virgin is having gsm ideas then it may happen after docomo launch in all circles.. BTW virgin cdma is yet to start in many towns.. any idea about this ??

Yes i am not at all worried even this happens in all calls because its per second billing..

Also in per minute pulse, not all calls ends at 60 seconds, but it happens sometimes and is equivalent to 60 such calls in docomo :)

if virgin is having gsm ideas then it may happen after docomo launch in all circles.. BTW virgin cdma is yet to start in many towns.. any idea about this ??

virgin is for youth. it's youth brand, so they will not launch the service in non-profitable area, or say less youth centered areas.

As virgin's is giving high ARPU to tata indicom.

there are a no of thing the operator converts millisecond into second, if u call and duration of call is 59.5 then they will treat it as 60 seconds, if duration is 59.4 some operator treats it as 59 second where as some any thing above 59. it is 60 seconds.

so tata may also be treating calls in milisecond and any call ending above it is taking to nxt second.

where as our phone shows 59.6 as 60 and 59.5 as 59 second

so there will be conflict in call duration shown in cell phone and actual call charge

I agree with you, Mr. Anshu !!

Congrats Mr bhargav, i think u got u wish completed now it's MY turn.

Dear Mr. Saket,

Thank you!! Yes, my long time wish came true and I'm in love with the service :wub: . I disposed my old number as I could not wait till MNP launch and using Tata DoCoMo as my main phone.

As per TTSL, Tata DoCoMo launch sequence is: South, East, West and North. Wishing that you'll get your connection soon.

Best Regards

Edited by bhargavachandra

Mr. Bhargava Chandra - It's your day today.

I think you will next visit this discussion thread only after you get your SIM.

Do keep us updated about Andhra proceedings and your experiences.

Dear Mr. Sonam Kumar,

Yes!! :) I have been waiting for this day for a very long time. I'm extremely delighted now.

The SIMs went on sale the same day (9th) from 7PM. I got the connection on 10th. Initially I had some issues with the after-call balance display (USSD based), but got resolved today. Otherwise, the service is excellent on all terms even on the day-one. I'm in love with the service, disposed my old SIM and using Tata DoCoMo as main phone since MNP is too far away for me. I got brown colour SIM. Two of my friends also signed-up with Tata DoCoMo today......they got Green colour packs.......couldn't find the blue one in my city.

Hoping the best for this GSM baby!!!

Best Regards

Congrats Mr bhargav, i think u got u wish completed now it's MY turn.

Dear Mr. Saket,

Thank you!! Yes, my long time wish came true and I'm in love with the service :wub: . I disposed my old number as I could not wait till MNP launch and using Tata DoCoMo as my main phone.

As per TTSL, Tata DoCoMo launch sequence is: South, East, West and North. Wishing that you'll get your connection soon.

Best Regards

also register urself on myaccount section on docomo website.

now u can download vavious ritone and video's from docomo website under Hot zone.

Dear friends

I have been reading all the posts relating to the DOCOMO and I have been impressed by all these posts. But to my surprise yesterday I bought the sim. So far it is not activated. When I contacted the C.C. they are saying that the sim is not activated so far and on the box the tariff is printed as one rupee for all local calls and std one rupee fifty paise. I also questioned about the ISD tariff. The CC is almost similar to other service providers. The answer is the systems are slow, but any how it may be seventeen paise to OMAN. I feel the CC is similar to others. For activation also they are taking to much time. When I made a call to the CC it is not connecting. When I add zero then only I got the number. I feel that the DOCOMO may be equal with others. This is my experience.

regards

Babulu

Dear friends

I have been reading all the posts relating to the DOCOMO and I have been impressed by all these posts. But to my surprise yesterday I bought the sim. So far it is not activated. When I contacted the C.C. they are saying that the sim is not activated so far and on the box the tariff is printed as one rupee for all local calls and std one rupee fifty paise. I also questioned about the ISD tariff. The CC is almost similar to other service providers. The answer is the systems are slow, but any how it may be seventeen paise to OMAN. I feel the CC is similar to others. For activation also they are taking to much time. When I made a call to the CC it is not connecting. When I add zero then only I got the number. I feel that the DOCOMO may be equal with others. This is my experience.

regards

Babulu

If there are too many activations to do - it may take long time. Contact the dealer from where you had taken the sim.

Customer Care - I agree. I had called them regarding this. They said they are getting too many calls( more than their expectations) and hence we are not able to connect to the Customer Care.

Hold on. Use the service and then make up your mind.

Any one from Cochin got the connection? Which shop is selling docomo sim.. B'coz, I asked 2-3 dealers and they have no idea.

Dear friends

regards

Babulu

Dear Mr. Babulu,

It's interesting to know that you are from A.P. Well I took the connection 10th and the activation was completed in less than 5 minutes, then they recharged with 51 and handed over the SIM all this took around 10 minutes. I took my connection in Warangal. The delay you experienced could be due to two reasons.....one is server inability to handle high volumes of activations in very short time......second reason is the unprofessional personnel, as Tata DoCoMo has not yet set-up the authorized company outlets, it has to depend on 3rd party retailers and teams.

The tariff details on the SIM pack are error, in reality it is one paisa per second. I'm using it now......talked on phone upto 4 hours till now. Don't worry about ISD tariffs yet.....sometime soon they will launch cheaper rates like Tata Indicom which is offering ISD (USA/UK landlines) at Rs. 1.5 as a monthly add-on pack.

About the CC, It's too early to criticize anything about their services, It's just less than 75 hours the services were launched in A.P.

I'm able to connect to CC in less than 10 seconds......I'm not joking........If you wish you can call me at 9030-575-397 and I'll connect to CC through conference call.

Please visit the retailer and tell him that other retailers have no problem on activations and strongly insist that you want the activation right now no matter what, because these 3rd party retailers are playing games sometimes by giving first priority to their friends and acquaintances. Hope they launch the company outlets soon.

Dear Bhargavachandra

Thank you for ur prompt reply. I thought that the first reply would come from you. But the other friend has answered.

The reasons given by you is 100% correct. The second reason given by you exactly correct. The Tata docomo should not have adapted this type of retaling. Here in Nellore most of the retailers does not ABCDs. The retailer who sold the sim yesterday closed the shop to enjoy the sunday fun. Where I have to go except to call CC. I know unless it is activated by the retailer the CC can not do anything. But the way the CC guy is talking is not impressive. The docomo people can hear the recorded version of my conversation and gauge the ability of the CC GUY. First of all they should adopt very stringent norms for selection of the cc people. The cc people must be able to answer any thing even when the servers are slow by keeping a hand book of information with the regarding tariffs, plans. I hope my number will be activated tomorrow at about 1 P.M. Till then I have to keep the fingures crossed.

Regards

Babulu

Dear friends

regards

Babulu

Dear Mr. Babulu,

It's interesting to know that you are from A.P. Well I took the connection 10th and the activation was completed in less than 5 minutes, then they recharged with 51 and handed over the SIM all this took around 10 minutes. I took my connection in Warangal. The delay you experienced could be due to two reasons.....one is server inability to handle high volumes of activations in very short time......second reason is the unprofessional personnel, as Tata DoCoMo has not yet set-up the authorized company outlets, it has to depend on 3rd party retailers and teams.

The tariff details on the SIM pack are error, in reality it is one paisa per second. I'm using it now......talked on phone upto 4 hours till now. Don't worry about ISD tariffs yet.....sometime soon they will launch cheaper rates like Tata Indicom which is offering ISD (USA/UK landlines) at Rs. 1.5 as a monthly add-on pack.

About the CC, It's too early to criticize anything about their services, It's just less than 75 hours the services were launched in A.P.

I'm able to connect to CC in less than 10 seconds......I'm not joking........If you wish you can call me at 9030-575-397 and I'll connect to CC through conference call.

Please visit the retailer and tell him that other retailers have no problem on activations and strongly insist that you want the activation right now no matter what, because these 3rd party retailers are playing games sometimes by giving first priority to their friends and acquaintances. Hope they launch the company outlets soon.

Need Help

When I try to enter My Account section in TD Website, after giving my user name and password, I get information the you have not changed your PIN, if you have forgotten your PIN please contact CC and the best part is CC does not know what is PIN

Dear friend Bhargav,

I was reading through your earlier posts and happened to see the post regarding the printing mistake commited by Tata Docomo. I really believe that it is not a printing mistake, and it only implies that the per second pricing is only introductory in nature.

I really understand that Tata Docomo is a new network and my comments maybe considered unecessary, especially considering the fact that Bhargav is a die hard fan of Tata. I have reasons to believe that this is an introductory offer because, if i remember right, there was another operator who offered per second billing in India. I think it was shyam sistema when they were offering services under the brand name "Rainbow". That was discontinued and they entered the bandwagon of per minute basis. But i definitely applaud Tata for the bold step taken by them in implementing per second billing on a new network.

I only hope that the per second billing is here to stay!!!!!!!

Check for new plans of Tata Docomo Post Paid

All with one minute pulse.

Edited by P. K. Daga

was on roaming today in kerala [trivandrum]

on the highways in tamilnadu a couple of places i found no network including kerala-tamilnadu border. In kerala the story is diff, most of the place my mobile was connected to IDEA. only few places i could see Tata Gsm and not Tata Docomo. I think network is not ready in trivandrum. There were also a couple of places where i could not find both tata and idea.

while on idea, need to redial 2 or 3 times to make outgoing calls. no problem in incoming..

overall tata docomo has to improve on these places.. Rgsm was better in these places...

In the long term, no operator can give such offers forever. These tariffs are most definitely introductory. They will also withdraw it in some time... Hope they continue it forever atleast for the people who took it initially....

Check for new plans of Tata Docomo Post Paid

Where did u get this from? May be these are the plans they formed before launching current plans..

BTW the presentation shows how detail they have studied the tariff. Good work..

Edited by savramesh

In the long term, no operator can give such offers forever. These tariffs are most definitely introductory. They will also withdraw it in some time... Hope they continue it forever atleast for the people who took it initially....

May be they change tariff to 2p/sec and 3p/sec slowly in the future. BTW they have already a cap for STD 1p/1sec now [sTD – First 27,000 seconds charged at 1 paisa per second in a month, beyond that 2 paisa per second in that month.].

May be they change tariff to 2p/sec and 3p/sec slowly in the future. BTW they have already a cap for STD 1p/1sec now [sTD – First 27,000 seconds charged at 1 paisa per second in a month, beyond that 2 paisa per second in that month.].

As per the CC, for me 1p/sec is lifetime. No capping. I ask this everyday.After 23rd july..it will be 2p/sec - for the newer customers.