Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read the last paragraph in the article mentioned by saket_kewate. It is reproduced as in the article below

"All calls, within network, outside network, roaming, domestic and international calls will be charged as per the one paisa per second pulse never-before tariff option,"he said.

Roaming tariff of 1paise per second??????????????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read the last paragraph in the article mentioned by saket_kewate. It is reproduced as in the article below

"All calls, within network, outside network, roaming, domestic and international calls will be charged as per the one paisa per second pulse never-before tariff option,"he said.

You bet! Currently we are offering first 27,000 STD call secs for 1 pasisa/sec EACH month. After the 27,000 secs are used each month, the charge will be 2 paisa/sec!

^

yeh to lagta hai... tata docomo has directly logged onto our forum and promoting itself... great to see... hope other service providers follow suit...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

roaming tariff is per minute, website is upadeted with mpcg.

You bet! Currently we are offering first 27,000 STD call secs for 1 pasisa/sec EACH month. After the 27,000 secs are used each month, the charge will be 2 paisa/sec!

Just wondering if you are the authentic personnel from Tata DoCoMo?

If yes, then "Welcome Aboard". Pleasure to have you here! :)

Dear Mr. Saket,

Glad to know that Tata DoCoMo services are available at your place! I think it's hard to get a good number in pre-paid. It's better to take a post-paid connection OR even better wait till the MNP is launched and convert your current number or the number you love to Tata DoCoMo. You could take a pre-paid card in the mean time to experience and test the network at your place.

Dear Mr. Saket,

Glad to know that Tata DoCoMo services are available at your place! I think it's hard to get a good number in pre-paid. It's better to take a post-paid connection OR even better wait till the MNP is launched and convert your current number or the number you love to Tata DoCoMo. You could take a pre-paid card in the mean time to experience and test the network at your place.

i hav't went their,

but executive told me she will provide me choice number, with probaly match with my current number,

till now i am in confusion to go for docomo or let's rock plan

let's rock plan

try to compare total charges with my reqirements

minute of Usage per month

200-local

200-tata

std 7

sms- 50

sms std 5

i hav't went their,

but executive told me she will provide me choice number, with probaly match with my current number,

let's rock plan

200-local

200-tata

std 7

sms- 50

sms std 5

Tata Indicom certainly offers more value for money. Even in Andhra Pradesh they are ofering excellent offers. I bet no other service provider except for Reliance CDMA can compete with the tariff structure offered by Tata Indicom. If you use your phone just for voice calls and texting and would not care much about handset and being on CDMA network, then I would recommend Tata Indicom anytime!

I have been with Tata Indicom and Airtel. Airtel has some of the highest tariffs in the entire India and I somehow don't like the CDMA network for some reasons, so I just hopped on to Tata DoCoMo which gives be best of both worlds (a Tata service and a GSM service). I have to admit that Tata Indicom offers more value for money currently, but I can't help using a GSM srvice.

It does seem to be as per the registered email address of the member.

i hav't went their,

let's rock plan

200-local

200-tata

std 7

sms- 50

sms std 5

If you use your phone just for voice calls and texting and would not care much about handset and being on CDMA network,

voice text is main usage and internet is supplimentary use in handset,

their is no bad thing in cdma network at all.

There is NO BAD thing in CDMA network... That is for sure.. It is better than GSM in many aspects, incl bandwidth usage, low radiation, encrypted network,...

The bad thing is

1. IT IS NOT OPEN TECHNOLOGY like GSM...

2. With the GREEDY NATURE of FOUNDER of CDMA, the Operators using this technology and handset manufactures, the main problem is the non-availability of GOOD handsets @ reasonable price... (Nokia N95 is about 3 years old and now many GSM handsets much better than it has arrived... But No CDMA handset even today comes near the multimedia capabilities of N95)

3. Most operators scr*w their phones by loading their heaps of sh*t on its firmware.. I luv TataIndicom.. But I hate when they dont allow to use my personal photos from computer to make my phone's wallpaper (in Samsung Explorer), they kill the BT file transfer in Motorola V3c (old handsets), etc..

4. No BIG phone manufacturer is having interest in making good CDMA mobiles (when comparing GSM) or atleast here in India.. NOT ALL CDMA users are using their FAVOURITE BRAND's CDMA mobile...

5. Most Handsets are dumb-phones..

6. Even if there are few smartphones, they are network locked... We need to unlock them, but still there will be some traces of their nasty sh*ts remaining..

7. In default handsets, Web browsing is not DIRECT like typing a URL and go.. We have to go through the operators back door t*ilet eg: R-World.

Everybody can see that all the problems are MOSTLY HANDSET-RELATED...

I just want to say that "Even though the Technology is HEAVEN, We dont want to live as a SLAVE there"...

"Instead We prefer to be a free bird in HELL" Isn't it????

Edited by kanagadeepan

New on Docomo : 600 National/Local SMS/month for just 30 Rs

New on Docomo : 600 National/Local SMS/month for just 30 Rs

Is it on prepaid?

It does seem to be as per the registered email address of the member.

Thank you for the information! So we have someone authentic to address the issues.

No, I don't mean it's bad. Infact I used Tata Indicom on Nokia 6275 and it was a pretty good experience and even Blackberry is also available. Some very small issues like non-availability of USSD, difficulty of call-conferencing, Roaming issues, are few of the disadvantages that made me switch to GSM. It's just my personal opinion, these disadvantages could not be a problem for others at all. You can see millions of people in the USA and Canada are using CDMA. May be a few years from now we could all be using 'All-IP' phones which would connect to the internet for any sort of communication and GSM/CDMA would be a history.

:offtopic:

I'll not be having access to the internet till October. See you everybody in November! It was such a good experience being on the Rim Web forum.

Thank you, everybody!!!

Tata DoCoMo's pulse plan becomes a huge hit

Source

BANGALORE: Gajanan Gowda (name changed), a teacher from Chikmagalur district in Karnataka uses his mobile phone sparingly. Usually, his calls last for less than a minute.

But even if he makes a 20-second local call, he pays the same price if his call had lasted a full minute. In effect Gowda pays for the extra 40 seconds that he is not using. For a large number of Indians like Gowda, especially those from the semi-urban and rural areas where 50 paise and 25 paise coins are still has value, this is set to change.

Tata DoCoMo, a late entrant in the countries hugely popular GSM sector, has launched its services where its customers will pay a paise for each second of usage. So for Gowdas 20-second call, he will pay 20 paise, and not more. On a monthly basis, this could cut down on Gowdas telecom bill substantially.

‘The pulse war’, as the telecom industry is terming the Tata Docomo move, was launched a month ago and has already caused a big flutter in the Indian mobile phone market. While it could change the way an average Indian pays for his mobile calls, the plan could also force incumbent telecom companies to either cut tariffs or go the Tata DoCoMo way of pay-by-the-pulse service.

Many tier-II towns and rural areas witnessing serpentine queues for Tata DoCoMo Lifetime SIM cards that cost Rs 99 and comes with a call value worth Rs 43. Some places have even witnessed mild stampedes.

Tata Docomo has entered in nine circles, including Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Chennai, the rest of Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Mumbai, the rest of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.

Tata DoCoMo's pulse plan becomes a huge hit

Source

BANGALORE: Gajanan Gowda (name changed), a teacher from Chikmagalur district in Karnataka uses his mobile phone sparingly. Usually, his calls last for less than a minute.

But even if he makes a 20-second local call, he pays the same price if his call had lasted a full minute. In effect Gowda pays for the extra 40 seconds that he is not using. For a large number of Indians like Gowda, especially those from the semi-urban and rural areas where 50 paise and 25 paise coins are still has value, this is set to change.

Tata DoCoMo, a late entrant in the countries hugely popular GSM sector, has launched its services where its customers will pay a paise for each second of usage. So for Gowdas 20-second call, he will pay 20 paise, and not more. On a monthly basis, this could cut down on Gowdas telecom bill substantially.

‘The pulse war’, as the telecom industry is terming the Tata Docomo move, was launched a month ago and has already caused a big flutter in the Indian mobile phone market. While it could change the way an average Indian pays for his mobile calls, the plan could also force incumbent telecom companies to either cut tariffs or go the Tata DoCoMo way of pay-by-the-pulse service.

Many tier-II towns and rural areas witnessing serpentine queues for Tata DoCoMo Lifetime SIM cards that cost Rs 99 and comes with a call value worth Rs 43. Some places have even witnessed mild stampedes.

Tata Docomo has entered in nine circles, including Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Chennai, the rest of Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Mumbai, the rest of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.

Waiting for other operaters to change to second billing. Will it happen? :confuse:

probably not

Anyone logged in to Tatatele My Account services. i tried today after so many days and found the following updates in Prepaid details

Activation Date

Last Recharge Date

Balance Amount(Rs.)

Valid Till

Last 10 Call Details

-Date, Time of call

-Call charge, Duration

Thanks to tata..

I am interested in taking a Tata Docomo connection but was a little confused about certain things.

1) Is the tariff of local 1ps/sec for lifetime or is it an introductory tariff?

2) When i asked the customer service representative whether the 1ps/secSTD tariff was for lifetime, he replied in the affirmative. He told me that until 2022 this would be the tariff on the connection.

I was a little confused because in the website it has been clearly mentioned that the STD tariff is for a limited period offer with a cap of 27,000 seconds per month.

I am a little confused!!!!! I made two calls to the Docomo customer care and this was the same response I got both the times. I am from Bangalore

Edited by vvinayakpai

:previous:

I dont think this 1p/1sec will carry on for life time.. But right now this is the best tariff among all other operators. dont worry about future. if you find a better tariff in another network u can easily change to that using MNP. So u can stay with the best always..

Edited by savramesh

Well, i have been to Andhra Pradesh using my Vodafone as well as Docomo SIM.

I had to travel across deepest and very remote villages/areas and found that most of the places, Docomo network was not present and it automatically selected Idea,which had quite decent coverage.

But i found Vodafone's coverage to be amazing..i never lost the vodafone network anywhere across AP-Karnataka.. It was just Brilliant..

Conclusion: Its not a good idea to go for Docomo now if you travel frequently across remote areas...

Well, i have been to Andhra Pradesh using my Vodafone as well as Docomo SIM.

I had to travel across deepest and very remote villages/areas and found that most of the places, Docomo network was not present and it automatically selected Idea,which had quite decent coverage.

But i found Vodafone's coverage to be amazing..i never lost the vodafone network anywhere across AP-Karnataka.. It was just Brilliant..

Conclusion: Its not a good idea to go for Docomo now if you travel frequently across remote areas...

Well surely this situation will improve as time passes. Slowly they will be installing more cell sites in weak areas. Also since they are operating at 1800Mhz, more and more cell sites are required and I doubt whether they will be able to cover very remote areas.