Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

One more thing, my dad uses Tata Indicom CDMA and i found that even indicom has pretty bad coverage when compared to Vodafone :|

Well, i have been to Andhra Pradesh using my Vodafone as well as Docomo SIM.

I had to travel across deepest and very remote villages/areas and found that most of the places, Docomo network was not present and it automatically selected Idea,which had quite decent coverage.

But i found Vodafone's coverage to be amazing..i never lost the vodafone network anywhere across AP-Karnataka.. It was just Brilliant..

Conclusion: Its not a good idea to go for Docomo now if you travel frequently across remote areas...

Well surely this situation will improve as time passes. Slowly they will be installing more cell sites in weak areas. Also since they are operating at 1800Mhz, more and more cell sites are required and I doubt whether they will be able to cover very remote areas.

RCOM having close to 40K cell sites,

Tata having close to 20K....imagine the time it will take to even meet the coverage of reliance CDMA...forget abt the big three (Indus Tower)

even after so many years CDMA of TATA dont have good coverage outside cities

Tata docomo to launch blackberry service soon..

Well, i have been to Andhra Pradesh using my Vodafone as well as Docomo SIM.

I had to travel across deepest and very remote villages/areas and found that most of the places, Docomo network was not present and it automatically selected Idea,which had quite decent coverage.

But i found Vodafone's coverage to be amazing..i never lost the vodafone network anywhere across AP-Karnataka.. It was just Brilliant..

Conclusion: Its not a good idea to go for Docomo now if you travel frequently across remote areas...

Well surely this situation will improve as time passes. Slowly they will be installing more cell sites in weak areas. Also since they are operating at 1800Mhz, more and more cell sites are required and I doubt whether they will be able to cover very remote areas.

RCOM having close to 40K cell sites,

Tata having close to 20K....imagine the time it will take to even meet the coverage of reliance CDMA...forget abt the big three (Indus Tower)

even after so many years CDMA of TATA dont have good coverage outside cities

You are right, TataIndicom is having very few OWN towers... But it has an agreement for TOWER-SHARING with Airtel (with a fee per month, of course).. So not a big issue for consumers... But I dont know about DoCoMo and we have to consider the fact that Indicom is using 800MHz band and DoCoMo is 1800MHz band, as told earlier by our friend...

Anybody in Pune using Docomo ? How is the coverage ?

On the website they have asked about the personal info under "Apply Now" section. But nobody has contacted me so far.

Guys

in pune the network is pachy..city is covered well but the network fades away most of the time

in between lonavala and chichwad there is no network at all.

Reliance CDMA has the best coverage overall

Edited by suvirajshetty

Docomo coming up with some thing like Aircel Pocket internet

Limited period full talk time offer, recharge Rs 222. Got sms now.

Friends,

using Docomo for more than 2 weeks,,and should admit the network is very bad.

i don't understand how people can give good review about docomo network.

People have criticized Rcom for their initial GSM launch but mind you their coverage was

far better than Docomo. They are further strengthening their network.

Tata is very slow in rolling out network, even their age old CDMA doesnt have a good netwrok.

I think TATA is taking advantage of this forum to advertise their product.

• Like 1

I think TATA is taking advantage of this forum to advertise their product.

Friend no one is here to advertise any product. We are here to share facts, possibilities, technology, news, updates, ..the list is endless.

If your experience is bad - put as it is. Everyone does the same. I feel rimwebian's respect all the views.

In the name of brotherhood - Cheers! ( Off Topic)

Friend i didnt mean to hurt anybody..but some review are really twisted dont you think so

i was only trying to point out such fact.

MOst of us are unbaised towards operators but few are not

I am able to find TATA GSM signal.

HOpe they launch in Punjab with Pretty good plans.

Friend i didnt mean to hurt anybody..but some review are really twisted dont you think so

i was only trying to point out such fact.

MOst of us are unbaised towards operators but few are not

Dear it does not mean tata docomo network is bad because its poor in your area.. also it does not mean tata docomo network is the best because i get good coverage in my area. i am posting my experience, you are posting your experience.. We can rate the network based on everyones experience [which includes different locations]..

A funny and strange update happened today evening..

i tried to call a reliance cdma number from my docomo number, when i called first time it said "you have reached the mailbox of 9043xxxxxx" {my own number} :) when i called second time the same reliance cdma number, it said "the airtel customer is not available" :) and third time it got connected... :ko2:

my exp wt docomo is both neutral..ocassional outgoing call not connecting , echo during call receiving (on complaint docomo was prompt in assuring rectification but the actions didnt match the words ) , and ocassionallly docomo will not be reachable.otherwise performance is ok..in this regard among all i have used vodafone (between 03-07 ) was never having any probs..and also during that period their tariffs used to be quite competitive..the same applies for r cdma also but for the fact that their on net calling has been biggest plus even now

Edited by ravi_patent

Dear Members,

U havent cleared my doubt? whether calls from tata indicom-tata docomo are ONnet calls or OFFnet.

it is apparent that calls between Tata DoCoMo and Tata Indicom / Virgin Mobile are considered off-net currently

Dear Mr. Saket,

I called up the Tata Indicom guys & asked if Indicom to DoCoMo calls are considered on-net? They said they haven't received any update on that matter.

i am having two sim card of tata indicom in which 1 is having free calls to tata mobile and other is having discounted rate to tata numbers.

and surprisingly in both calls from tata indicom to tata docomo are considered as on-net calls!!!!

and it is controverse to what CC told to me.

i like this very much and happy that indicom to docomo and docomo to indicom are ON net calls.

thanks tata.

In Pune, there are big advertisements going on for Docomo. Banners, hoardings and bus stops are shouting for Docomo. BUT the SIM cards are not available anywhere. What a waste of money on advertisements.

shopkeepers here saying that it will be launched around 15 sep in haryana

took a docomo connection recently..gt vry gud as wel as bit bitter experience from it..the bitter experience is the low availability of the sim cads n thr high rates..bt docomo rocks..its a vry gud service..the pay per second pulse is amazing..i jus hav strtd using it n till nw m happy wit it..will write my experience aftr using my new n wonderful docomo...

Schemes are not just promos: Tata DoCoMo

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/schemesnot-just-promos-tata-docomo/370353/

Tata DoCoMo will not withdraw any of its newly-launched schemes even after the end of the mandatory six-month period, putting industry speculation to rest that these are only promotional offers.

According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India norms, every scheme from an operator has to run for at least six months.

“These are not promotional tariffs, and the schemes are here to stay. While most of the schemes have been rolled out to rope in customers for our newly-launched GSM services, no one can deny that these are beneficial to the subscribers,” said Tata DoCoMo President Deepak Gulati. Tata DoCoMo is the GSM brand of Tata Teleservices Ltd, in which Japan’s NTT DoCoMo holds a 26 per cent stake.

“We will also launch an array of such schemes which are relevant, useful and pioneering for the customer in the next couple of months,” he said. He gave no detail.

Tata DoCoMo had rolled out an array of schemes in the past two months, after its launch of GSM services across 18 circles. While the company termed these schemes “game changers”, the industry termed these “disruptive”, as these would result in erosion of sector revenues (if others did likewise) by 15-20 per cent.

One of the major plans rolled out was the per-second billing, which is against the industry practise of billing per pulse rate (60 seconds is considered a pulse).

After which it launched another scheme where there was a fixed charge per call. Tata DoCoMo then extended its one-second billing scheme to SMS, with it rolling out a plan wherein an SMS would be charged based on the characters sent. This was also breaking away from the conventional scheme of charging per SMS, irrespective of the characters.

Tata DoCoMo also rolled out schemes that does not charge for the first 30 seconds while downloading caller-ringback tunes (CRBTs). Calls to download CRBTs are charged by other players at Rs 6-15 (depending on the company and plan) per minute. Free voice mails, free rentals and free missed call alerts were other schemes it had launched.

On the number of subscribers added by the plans, Gulati declined to comment, beyond saying there is “tremendous customer affection”.

Can anybody tell me, from where to buy a SIM in Pune ? There is no stock in Pune for last 15 days and no dealer has clarity on when it will come.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

Tata DoCoMo marks entry in North India with Haryana launch

29 Sep 2009

Telecom Tiger

Tata DoCoMo which last month registered the highest monthly additions for any operator in India mainly due to its competitively priced per second pricing model, today set its foot in the Northern state of Haryana.

As a formal launch of the services, Tata DoCoMo MD, Anil Sardana called Haryana CM, Bhupinder Singh Hooda.

Tata DoCoMo will cover 386 towns as well as cities and 1,750 villages in Haryana. The network will also be available across 1,800 km long highways and 400 km of Rail network. Subsequent to receipt of spectrum, coverage will also be provided to districts of Fatehbad and Sirsa.

Mr Ratan Tata, Chairman, Tata Sons, said over a message, “The value proposition offered by TATA-DOCOMO is a unique and revolutionary idea which symbolizes the spirit of innovation and inventive genius. This launch is truly a moment of triumph for the consumer. The launch of pay-per-use, per-second concept offered by TATA-DOCOMO will create a paradigm shift in the overall telecom experience for the customer and provide a service that is refreshingly different.”

“It is a privilege to be fulfilling that promise in the Haryana—where subscribers are discerning and seek transparency, innovation and differentiation. Our partnership with NTT DOCOMO will help us provide our subscribers with tremendous technological and service differentiation. Keeping in view the century of trust associated with the House of Tata, we are launching the concept of fare being fair. From today, TATA DOCOMO subscribers in Haryana will be able to enjoy the benefits of pay-as-you-use,” said Sardana.

In a video-address, Mr Toshinari Kunieda, Senior Vice-President and Managing Director, Global Business Division, NTT DOCOMO, said, “NTT DOCOMO has provided technical inputs to make the TATA DOCOMO GSM network world-class. Progressively, NTT DOCOMO shall bring to India the various products and services that we offer in Japan and many other countries—such as i-modeTM, Location-based Services (LBS) and mobile payment—and give TATA DOCOMO customers a flavor of tomorrow. TTSL and NTT DOCOMO are closely engaged in integrating technology, value-added services, products and applications through the mechanism of Business and Technology Cooperation Committee (BTCC). This should see TATA DOCOMO change the way India communicates.”

as of now there are not much takers for tata docomo in haryana ............

Tata Tele to use BSNL's mobile towers

Source

NEW DELHI, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Tata Teleservices [TATASL.UL], India's sixth-ranked mobile operator, said on Wednesday it has signed an agreement to share the mobile towers of state-run telecom Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd [bSNL.UL] for 15 years. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Predominantly a CDMA operator, Tata Teleservices is expanding its GSM-based services and said the agreement to use BSNL's towers in all of India's 22 telecoms zones would speed up its network roll-out and save costs.

So does this mean Docomo will connect everywhere where BSNL is connected? If so, Docomo can progress to great heights!

Docomo will use bsnl tower where they dont have an Indicom tower.. so it will help to speed up network installations.. it will also help to improve docomo coverage in launched circles.. i look forward docomo to be the number 1 gsm network soon..