Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ani_meher

Transferring Number From Sim To Non-sim Handset

I have a number on RUIM card, and a blank handset with no ruim slot (LG5130). How can I transfer the number from RUIM to non RUIM? HCC was not working on RUIM card, when I used it in LG3500. Also, if at all the HCC works, then what happens to original RUIM? Blank or does it go to waste?

:previous::previous:

Sirji same was the case with me i had Blank (no number in it ) LG 6230 ( Non -SIM Based ) in working condition & SIM of my number but as per WW they have stopped transferring number to Non -SIM Based h/s from 1st March 09 :cursing::cursing: i.e. all older phones of LG are now useless . Here HCC will also won't work as now we need to just insert sim in new h/s & HCC is meant for removing no from old h/s . This was told to me by WW person . Even i also tried a lot to transfer no to Non Sim Based but didn't got success :( .If u r able to do kindly do post here so i will also try same ...

The other method is to report the card as stolen, and then have the Reliance World ppl to restore it in your non RUIM handset. However by this, the RUIM card will be useless.

:previous::previous:

Sirji done this also ..when my Palm Treo was lost . i went to WW with blank LG h/s to transfer no in this h/s but they told it has been stopped to transfer no in any way to Non Sim h/s . :(:(

i have recently i.e. before 15 days transferred by no. from ruim card to non-ruim based handset using HCC without any problems.. I have still kept the ruim card.. on dialing *228.. voila... it says... pls. enter the 9 digit pin no. as mentioned in the reliance mobile user guide...

well i suppose... thats proves... use can reuse the ruim card...

I too transferred two of numbers recently. One from Non-Sim to Non-Sim and the other from Sim (Ruim) to Non Sim handset.......I used HCC for both without having any problems. My original Sim is now Blank. :)

Wow, so the original RUIM can be used! That's great news! I'll try it again today :)

WIll keep the community updated. BTW that idiot Webworld told me that the RUIM will be locked forever, even after the number is gone, and so my 100rs are wasted. Good to hear that's not the case.

:Ohhhh: Then i guess i am the only victim of this ... :(:( :( ... ohk

ani_meherji kindly please update forum once you have done so i will also try once again .......... waiting for your positive reply .. finger crossed .

Ani_meher ...ny updates sirji ?? :Equivocado::Equivocado: was no transfer operation was successful ...after ur response i will also try my luck .

i have recently i.e. before 15 days transferred by no. from ruim card to non-ruim based handset using HCC without any problems.. I have still kept the ruim card.. on dialing *228.. voila... it says... pls. enter the 9 digit pin no. as mentioned in the reliance mobile user guide...

yes u can use ur old sim, it is definately a blank sim if it says "enter the 9 digit pin no. as mentioned in the reliance mobile user guide...

"

I used HCC to transfer the number from SIM to Non-SIM Kyocera 7135. However I could not use HCC to transfer the number to the old SIM from Non-SIM. I gave many complaints for that but ultimately I had to buy a new blank SIM and then I transferred the number using the same HCC card.

are Tata HCC available in market ?

I'v asked many outlets but they say that that it is not available.

are Tata HCC available in market ?

I'v asked many outlets but they say that that it is not available.

for postpaid : not avbl

for prepaid : yes, name is INSTACHANGE card, Rs100

Where can we get this 9 digit pin no mentioned in Reliance mobile user guide ???? is this is same as HCC Pin ??

Where can we get this 9 digit pin no mentioned in Reliance mobile user guide ???? is this is same as HCC Pin ??

yes same pin from HCC, or pin from GSK, both will work.

Hi all ,

I tried to trf my no frm LG3100 (sim ) to LG6230(non sim) using HCC when I dialed *229<9digit pin> I got sms Invalid pin please contact reliance customer care . Although pin is correct :( now how to proceed please guide ppl . Thanks a ton

Hi All ,

UPDATE :

I went to WW for No transfer initially WW gal was resistant to do so but after some arguments , she told yes but told me i can't give u guarantee for this . I said ok no probs ,than she tried to transfer number and voila after 10 mins it was success ... :clap: . So we can transfer number to Non-SIM H/s .

BUT my sim is blocked :'( i checked with *228 . its says SIM is blocked pls contact CC .

This is what I don't want to do. I don't want to block my sim. WHat the WW girl did is, first she reported you handset is stolen and then she recovered the number on the non sim phone. But in this process, the sim got blacklisted, and so you can't use it again.

100 + 25 Rs gone :(

This is what I don't want to do. I don't want to block my sim. WHat the WW girl did is, first she reported you handset is stolen and then she recovered the number on the non sim phone. But in this process, the sim got blacklisted, and so you can't use it again.

Because HCC is not available, we all are going for pack which contains a new sim card & one hcc. In this case once HCC is used on a handset (with SIm or without sim), the number gets transfered automatically to the sim which came with the pack. If you use the pin with any other handset or simcard you will recieve the message "invaild pin" . The pack of SIM+HCC can only be used for transfering number from a non sim handset to a sim and not vice versa.

anil

Because HCC is not available, we all are going for pack which contains a new sim card & one hcc. In this case once HCC is used on a handset (with SIm or without sim), the number gets transfered automatically to the sim which came with the pack. If you use the pin with any other handset or simcard you will recieve the message "invaild pin" . The pack of SIM+HCC can only be used for transfering number from a non sim handset to a sim and not vice versa.

anil

There is 2 way for MDN TRANSFER

1. with HCC (HANDSET CHANGE CARD)

2. WITH SUPPORT OF WW/WWE throw RIM PORTAL ( WELL KNOWN NAME "RETAIN")

IN BOTH CASE YOUR FIRST SIM IS USELESS .IF FIRST SET IS ANY MAKE MODEL NON RUIM THEN ITS USE POSSIABLE

IF WE RETAIN OUR MDN IN NEW RSN THEN OUR OLD RSN BLOCKED (SIM/HANDSET) WE ALL KNOW

IF WW/WWE GUY FOUND THIS RSN AGAIN THEN ITS SHOW BLANK IN "GETSTAT"

BUT NO NEW NO. OR RETAIN POSSIABLE NOW LIKE TATA ONE UIM ONE TIME USE

Edited by amit9000

100 for Sim .........but 25 for what i didn't get your point here ?? .. else u can copy all ur contacts from SIM to handsets & den transfer the no ...so ur contacts will also be available in SIM h/s .

100 for Sim .........but 25 for what i didn't get your point here ?? .. else u can copy all ur contacts from SIM to handsets & den transfer the no ...so ur contacts will also be available in SIM h/s .

I THINK 25/- FOR HCC ( HANDSET CHANGE CARD)

Edited by amit9000