Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
petar

Evdo On Htc Handset

We all know how HTC mogul & other evdo supported handsets are used on reliance... I m not going to repeat it.

My question is.... has anyone tried to use HTC handsets instead of Netconnect Broadband Plus USB device ...

So when u activate Handsets by broadband plus starter kit & *229.... shouldn't all setting be done OTA ... & handset get high speed data thru EVDO.

I know, i m not the expert in this... but just a random thought.

Can some1 plz explain this..

I dont think anyone has tried but kshah mentioned somewhere that it was not possible, not just yet.

I am trying but on BSNL Ev modem

no

ota update of settting wont be possible for evdo on mogul

i guess if someone can read hdr useername/ password and akey in qxdm or cdma workshop may be that may help

Hmm.... there has to be something into leading the System think that HTC phone is actually the USB modem & use the handset for high speed internet.

Thats like a dream come true rt now.... otherwise we will have to wait till spectrum auction...& allocation .... wonder how many years its gonna take....

any luck kshah ?

Nope, yet not able to find even spc. May be I have to look for huwei modem instead of zte

Any progress on getting EVDO on HTC Diamond

evdo on sprint handsets will never be possible until reliance launches evdo for phones

Why do u say So ?

coz when u have an official reliance handset running on evdo , u can get the epst dump , DMU key from it

then u can copy it to ur evdo enabled device

thats how people in usa do it

evdo is very much possible on our sprint handsets

but we will be able to use it when reliance comes up with evdo for phones , which wont happen before 2010 , hopefully

But, there must be something like that happning in data cards as well...rt

I have seen people able to make n recv calls thru datacards via headphones. Its practically a basic phone hardware, which uses software & processing power of a computer. Mayb i oversimplified it, but correct me, if i m wrong.

There has to be some way man..!!

atleast my knowledge limits me to use evdo from data cards on my htc diamond ...

if anyone else has got evdo from their hsd cards on their moguls/diamonds let us know

Its so simple Reliance and TATA want to become Bill Gates by USB Modem Monopoly. Almost all touchscreen phones today have 3G network built-in but why some company wants to sell 3G connection only with its own proprietory USB Device? MONEY. All these greedy companies are first trying their hands on selling devices at higher price, Rs.3500/-. I am sure they are getting at an average of around Rs.200/- all made from taiwanese and chinese sector.

What do you think TATA PHOTON and RELIANCE BB+ are competitors? NO WAY! Just check again, both are running hand in hand with secret co-ordination to sell USB devices only. The exact copies of their data plans surely proves it.

Just few days back MTNL (Mumbai and Delhi) have just launched GSM 3G JAADOO connection with NEW SIM or EVEN OLD SIMcard, which can be used in almost any 3G enabled (HSDPA/WCDMA GSM) mobile phone, BROWSE on phone or use as MODEM. http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/3gweb/index_3Gmobile.html

Click for the LIST OF COMPATIBLE HANDSETS ON MTNL SITE http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/3gweb/3g_handset.html

HOW NICELY THEY ON FAQ PAGE. WE DONT SELL BUNDLED HANDSETS. Use your own :D

Just wait for few more days, once MTNL 3G, with SIM only, gets popular, these greedy companies will also start the same for sure. Till then spread your word around and dont make your family or friends fall "prey" to these companies.

I did not knew about MTNL launch else I would not have bought Reliance BB+.

Anyways take care....and keep watching and comparing data plans of all companies and inform each other. Thanks..for reading :D

Edited by cmahendra

One more Idea I have is to buy TATA Photon Plus RUIM (If its available on RUIM) then slip in to PPC 6700 r RUIM modded 6800 and see that happens.

EVDO uses multiple methdos of authentication so its difficult. however with new chip sets it has became easier. Only difficult thing till now is to get SPC of reliance data card. I have tried both ZTE and HUAWEI, I could not read SPC of either of data card.

Latest information I have is reliance EVDO PRL supports voice channels.