Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I got my ipKall no. today; lets see if we can register...

I got my ipKall no. today; lets see if we can register...

Am still awaiting :(

OK, so I got my ipKall but was unable to register, here's why:-

When I enter sip proxy as my.gizmo5.com or www.gizmocall.com, I dont get any ring at all; So I searched ipKall support forums and they say to enter proxy as proxy01.sipphone.com; after entering that I started receiving call on gizmo and also if I forward it to skype or Gtalk, I get the call and can hear the voice that is telling me to enter the 2 digit code;

NOW the problem starts.... I enter the code in gizmo dialer pad, but Google Voice is unable to hear it; Same is the case through Skype and Google Talk... I have tried entering through keyboard also.... I am just unable to comprehend this problem....

@mathewvp

if you could elaborate, or give me the exact gizmo proxy that you entered, I could try that... (maybe this proxy server- PROXY01.SIPPHONE.COM, is giving only one way traffic)

Anybody could help me in solving this issue.....

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

NOW the problem starts.... I enter the code in gizmo dialer pad, but Google Voice is unable to hear it; Same is the case through Skype and Google Talk... I have tried entering through keyboard also.... I am just unable to comprehend this problem....

I had pointed this out clearly in an earlier post. Gizmo5 client has problems sending dtmf tones to google. So login to gizmocall.com using your gizmo username and password. Then try the verification process.

Or if you are using google talk, try typing * before entering the verification code.

for eg, if you verification code is 87, type *87 using keyboard.

Edited by mathewvp
  • Like 2

^

I was already trying at www.gizmocall.com, but that didnt work...

But, using * in front of code in Google Talk WORKED..... so THANK YOU VERY MUCH....

I tried adding my Reliance Mobile No. in Add Phones, but it says it does not support International numbers in forwarding....

So, How do we now use this Google Voice, to derive maximum benefit.... a brief up of its practical usage in our Indian conditions would be most useful (other than the job of ip telephony, which is already being fulfilled by clients like skype and google talk)

Thanks once again...

wow... I could call my own reliance number and also send myself an sms...

• Like 1

^

I was already trying at www.gizmocall.com, but that didnt work...

But, using * in front of code in Google Talk WORKED..... so THANK YOU VERY MUCH....

I tried adding my Reliance Mobile No. in Add Phones, but it says it does not support International numbers in forwarding....

So, How do we now use this Google Voice, to derive maximum benefit.... a brief up of its practical usage in our Indian conditions would be most useful (other than the job of ip telephony, which is already being fulfilled by clients like skype and google talk)

Thanks once again...

This worked for me too. Thanks.

^

Is there some way the incoming caller I have called can see some other number (say e.g. my existing Reliance No.) rather than the International Google Number, so that he knows who's calling...

The point of google voice is one phone number for all your phone connections, so no matter which phone you use (landline/mobile/voip) the receiver sees the GV number. You are asking for the opposite of that. And again, GV is officialy for US phones.

^

Go here and suggest "Forward calls to international phone numbers"

http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/request.py?contact_type=suggest

Dream On

^

Go here and suggest "Forward calls to international phone numbers"

http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/request.py?contact_type=suggest

Dream On

Google might allow forwarding calls to international number with charges applied for forwarding the calls.

I guess, GV will never forward calls to Indian numbers, even if they start call forwarding to international numbers. Doing so will be a bypass of regulator and will have its legal implications.

I too got my GV and ipkall numbers working. Thanks Dhiraj for assisting me on phone.

But this is all about US calling. Is there anything for UK ? I tried searching net for this but unlike ipkall, couldnt find any free DID number provider for UK.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

I guess, GV will never forward calls to Indian numbers, even if they start call forwarding to international numbers. Doing so will be a bypass of regulator and will have its legal implications.

If google pays the terminating fees, what's illegal about it? Google could just pass the charges to the customer.

1. I think google would not like to get into dealing with indian babus

2. As soon as it comes to paying something, it would loose its relevance. Calling US/UK/Canada is already 2 Rs/minute and at times its even 1 Re/Minute. Why ppl would pay to google ? What I mean is that there would be very few takers of such paid service. If they can devise a different revenue model like advertising etc. then it would be still fine.

Why ppl would pay to google ? What I mean is that there would be very few takers of such paid service

There are US users who travel outside of US but who still prefer the ability to receive calls on their US number because they cannot afford to miss calls. Google might enable forwarding to international numbers to target such users.And there will certainly be takers for such an offer.

If they can devise a different revenue model like advertising etc. then it would be still fine.

Google has filed a patent for a system that would insert audio ads into your phone calls. The patent also describes a system for determining the caller's location in order to geographically target the ads. The ads would be played while the phone is ringing and you're waiting for a person to pick up, or at other times when you're not talking. It's not entirely clear whether Google will roll out this feature. Google provides the option to transcribe calls so that they can know what ads to play to you based on your previous conversations.

If you want to forward your calls to India, there are many third party options for that. You just have to pay for the service. For eg, use localphone.com, pay 2.5 cents per minute and get your calls forwarded to your Indian number.

Edited by mathewvp

I read about this idea of playing ads on call in "Invest the Happionaire Way". I think, the book said that some Easy Group has come up with that idea. So if that is true I doubt how google will win the patent.

Yesterday I checked localphone.com. Actually I was searching for free DID number of UK. But these just create a UK DID number but I couldnt find a way to configure SIP on it.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

Now google voice calls with gizmo5 are limited to 3 mins only.

What does that mean ? Calling from GV is capped or incoming is capped by 3 minutes ?

What does that mean ? Calling from GV is capped or incoming is capped by 3 minutes ?

Gizmo added a facility wherein you could add your google voice usename/password into gizmo control panel and all outgoing calls made via gizmo5 will be routed through google voice. They(gizmo) have capped this to 3 minutes. You can make calls using the normal way(the call back facility provided by GV) and your calls will not be capped.

Use SIPGate.com

with LinkSYS WRTP54G Device

no Need of Google Voice

Use SIPGate.com

with LinkSYS WRTP54G Device

no Need of Google Voice

You still need Google Voice if you want to make free outgoing calls. Sipgate is providing a promo 200 minutes after which you have to pay for outgoing calls. Just add Sipgate number to your GV account and get free outgoing and incoming.

• Like 1

Thanks hetal for ur kind suggession ..

I configured my Wireless Router with Phone Adapter with Sipgate and its working good ..

Also thanks to mathewvp, transferred my GV number to sipgate and free incomming on sipgate..

You guys rock ...!!!

cheers!!!!

Hi Guys !

Today I am able to set my Google Voice No.

Thanks All......

You all are great.....

I still need a tutorial to figure this thing out. Will someone be kind enough to post one?