Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dushie

LG 2230 - The Cheapest Reliance Phone

HI all,

didnt find much information on the cheapest mobile on offer from REliance the lg 2230.

so starting this forum, people who already own this phone, please give their experiences ,

i am alose interested in buying anew mobile phone, which will not be used for messagin, just plan tak and talk,

so wanted to know which handset is good, that has good talk time and ringtones,

is this handse tthe one for me

When I went to upgrade the software of my 2030, I saw a lot of 2230 in the service centre. I think this handset has a lot of complaints.

BTW, the quality of ringtones is better than 2030.

LG2230 is very good phone for basic usage.i have this phone.it has terrific ringtone sound quality.it can even receive ringtone via sms in future(as reliance does not support this now).no rworld but there is rconnect.and user interface is not so bad either for 2499. :clap1:

Hi Ganesh,

Can u tell me a little bit more about 2230.

Have u heared the ringtones on n191...they r loud and clear.... is the ringtone output quality in 2230 similar to samsung n191. Does it support voice ringer?

Is it possible to save ph.nos in in the text of a sms directly ( u can do it by pressing call key in n191 it shows up the sender's no and any other no. in the text of the sms)

the ringer is defenitely better than N191.i had N191 before. 2230 has a very loud speaker and musical too :clap:

its a sweet little phone for sure, but has its cost really been reduced to 1799, i am yet to hear from anyone regarding the same. I saw the price change in this forum itsef, nobody has confirmed though.........but if its true, i am buying one right away.

Does 2230 support voice tones?

And since it has no RWorld can ringtones and wallpapers b uploaded using bitpim?

And hows the feel and ease of use...better than n191? Does it have upto 3 touch speed dialing like n191.

Ganesh since u'v used both N-191 & RD2230 can u please give an idea about the adv/dis adv of the 2 sets when compared.

Actually I'm planning to get the cheapest 2nd hand RIM for normal use(talk & SMS) as my n191 has already run into -thousands (thanks to free RConnect).

2230 is a basic phone and bitpim usage should be limited as it is a newer phone than 2030 and 2130. only possibility is to download ringtones using sms as a later feature when supported by reliance.

rconnect works.sadly i have not used bitpim either on 2230 or N191.features of 2230 is available at www.lgmobiles.com

its a sweet little phone for sure, but has its cost really been reduced to 1799, i am yet to hear from anyone regarding the same. I saw the price change in this forum itsef, nobody has confirmed though.........but if its true, i am buying one right away.

18468[/snapback]

Lg 2230 is really worth Rs.2499- as its MRP for basic need of voice calls & SMS.

But it is not wise to buy that even for Rs.1799-, as this brand new phone is easily available for 1200 to 1400 with one 330 RCV free.

To get that deal, you can just catch a Hero Honda dealer of the area where there is no RIM coverage nearby your town/city. He can give that to you for anywhere around 1200, as they give discounts of Rs.1000- to customers who do not want the mobile in FREE2ROAM offer.

2230 is a basic phone and bitpim usage should be limited as it is a newer phone than 2030 and 2130. only possibility is to download ringtones using sms as a later feature when supported by reliance.

rconnect works.sadly i have not used bitpim either on 2230 or N191.features of 2230 is available at www.lgmobiles.com

18486[/snapback]

Few people here use n191, fewer use rd2230 and people using(having used) both are rare and u r one of them. Thats why I'm asking u. :D

Supposing n191 has no RWorld, which handset would u choose : RD2230 or N191 ?

BTW www.lgmobiles.com had no info on 2230.

N191 of course.IT has better features than 2230. :D

As for 2230 user interface is concerned it is very similar to 5130 (integration of Messaging Menu into recent calls,custom profiles etc).

It doesn't have R-World & so no MMS ringtones.

Also the ringtone directory (same as 5130) has been put up under system directories. So no question of bitpim. However it may be possible to write a custom s/w to upload ringtones into it - someting which I am too busy to think of now. May be some one in this forum can write it... However it might harm the revenues for SMS ringtones :P;)