Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pasumark

Mts - Call To Any Phone In India At 49p

MTS has launched Rs.149 voucher. By recharging with this you would be able to call any phone in India at 49p for life time.

Wah. Mobile tariffs are getting hotter

ya it's true,,

yesterday i heard about this offer by one retailer, initially it's unbelievable ,

but it's true & really nice effort by MTS to become a big fish..

Edited by SantoshRoyal

Really good initiative :)

this is a nice plan..

my tata docomo calls in 1p/1s tariff is Rs 41.96

whereas the same calls in 49p/1min tariff is Rs 42.14

its all due to tata docomo launch..

Edited by savramesh

this is a nice plan..

my tata docomo calls in 1p/1s tariff is Rs 41.96

whereas the same calls in 49p/1min tariff is Rs 42.14

its all due to tata docomo launch..

could u explain what is 41.96 and 42.14?

^^^

41.96 is the charge for my calls so far using tata docomo where i was charged 1p/1sec.

42.14 is the charge if i make the same calls with MTS where i will be charged 49p/1min

STD calls would settle down at 50 paise by Diwali this year with a nominal fee of around 30 a month for GSM. For RCDMA there would be another lifetime jaadu pack.

^^^ any source available or u r just guessing by the market trends..??

^^^

41.96 is the charge for my calls so far using tata docomo where i was charged 1p/1sec.

42.14 is the charge if i make the same calls with MTS where i will be charged 49p/1min

Still mts ratecutte of 149 is for lifetime.. Unlimited calls and sms at 49p to any phone in india easily beats docomos cap of 450min/month for heavy std users if u choose to ignore the fact that its cdma...

imp thing is MTS doesnt have its NLD network as of now,still willing to offer std @49 p/min

imp thing is MTS doesnt have its NLD network as of now,still willing to offer std @49 p/min

Then ready for some CAP for minutes.

Because, NLD opertor's(say tata communication, rcom, Bharti, BSNL, etc) cost for call would be appox 40paise per minute,

So how it is possible to provide all std calls for Just 49paise.??????

I dont think this is going to be the norm among all operators. I was going through the tariffs offered by Mts in Rajasthan and observed that they are offering a pack of Rs. 750 which reduces STD call rates to 70ps/min for lifetime.

This 149 M saver is just a gimmick to latch onto customers in the newer circles where they are providing mobile phone services.

I mean Rs. 750 for a full fledged network and Rs.149 for a newer "L" board network, thats a lot of difference.

If they offer similar services in Rajasthan as well where they have a fulll fledged network in place, then we may see the other operators following suit.

Edited by vvinayakpai

The thread title gives hope that in future we can get lower tariff for STD.

The need of the hour is to break 1 Re. barrier for STD. Its time to go below that. Most of the operators still charge Rs. 1.50. In some cases with some schemes/tariff cards you can lower the STD rate but effectively it is still high. I am hopeful that the new entrants will fuel the competition in this area also and thus there is a ray of hope.

But I still I dont understand one thing. TRAI is looking forward to MNP as it is the norm in other developed countries. But TRAI is convieninetly not lloking at the fact that the developed countries dont have any concept like STD. The whole country is one country and hence local. Why nobody is raising this issue to abolish the concept of STD ? Idealy, as in UK, USA, you can have only two things - local and long distance (international calling - ISD).

But till the time Raja awakes, praja only can hope for lower STD tariff.

right said Mr Setu. in countries like US/UK/Canada and many other countries there is no local STD &ISD

there is only local (whole country ) and ILD that is ISD

In landline whole country is free to any operator anytime in with the plan like 49$ per month,

but in inida, there is no unlimited plan to ANY NETWORK.

but at the same thime there in USA/UK in wekdays incoming calls on the mobile is chargable, which is free in india.

so at one point india is better and other its other countries are better

Edited by anshu_s09

In landline whole country is free to any operator anytime in with the plan like 49$ per month,

The same plan in mobiles comes for around $90 only in the USA.

If you are talking for about 5 hours every day for all 30 days of the month on your Tata Docomo mobile at 1 paisa/second, then you will end up paying less than what a person in the US is paying.

If someone is a residential user, then there is no way a typical customer will talk for more than 5 hours a day, all month long.

Edited by starnet

@vinayak pai

good find,reg 750 m saver in rajasthan

however atleast for users like me who dont travel much thats a pretty gud deal(in a sense limited mobility out side chennai but who cares as long as i can carry a second number)

Edited by ravi_patent

The thread title gives hope that in future we can get lower tariff for STD.

The need of the hour is to break 1 Re. barrier for STD. Its time to go below that. Most of the operators still charge Rs. 1.50. In some cases with some schemes/tariff cards you can lower the STD rate but effectively it is still high. I am hopeful that the new entrants will fuel the competition in this area also and thus there is a ray of hope.

But I still I dont understand one thing. TRAI is looking forward to MNP as it is the norm in other developed countries. But TRAI is convieninetly not lloking at the fact that the developed countries dont have any concept like STD. The whole country is one country and hence local. Why nobody is raising this issue to abolish the concept of STD ? Idealy, as in UK, USA, you can have only two things - local and long distance (international calling - ISD).

But till the time Raja awakes, praja only can hope for lower STD tariff.

i am open for only local concept,

tata docomo already done that with 1p/1sec. :signthankspin:

Is this just for MTS to MTS STD calls or any network?

The question now arises - will this ppl continue offering such tariff or they will increase once they get enough penetration ?

^^^

Tariffs has come down max possible. now and in immediate future we may find very good offers due to competition. in long term it will slowly increase as India grows..