Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
me_saket

Bsnl's Plans Rs 349 Cr Cdma Expansion

source

New Delhi: The State-owned telecom firm BSNL will spend Rs 349.31 crore in 2009-10 to expand its CDMA-based wireless services while the other PSU, MTNL, has no such plans in this segment.

In a written reply to a query in the Lok Sabha, the Minister of State of Communications and Information Technology, Gurudas Kamat said, "In BSNL, 19.21 lakh lines of CDMA based equipments are under various stage of supply and installations for the 20 09-10... BSNL has planned to spend Rs 349.31 crores on procurement of the equipments."

The minister added BSNL services within the local area would be strengthened with the capacity expansion.

He clarified that MTNL has no plans to expand its CDMA network in the near future. However, MTNL plans to spend Rs 122.91 crore to add ten wireless local loop (WLL) towers in Mumbai in 2009-10.

My view: i think soon or later bsnl will also jump into full fledged cdma mobile to give tough competition to rcom, mts and tata cdma.

or probably to third party, who will work as MVNO in india.

^^^ BSNL, y does it want to invest in a technology, from which others are coming out??

^^^

i think their main target in cdma will be 'data' rather than 'voice'..

@saket

thanks for the info ,which i am trying to know for long time