Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

The All New Rimweb!

Friendly URLs

URLs to topics, forums, profiles, etc. in IPB are now formatted without a query string where possible. For example, yoursite.tld/forums/index.php?showforum=10 becomes yoursite.tld/forums/index.php/forum/10/general-chat which is much more human-readable and friendly to search engines.

URL seems to be in old format

Also a mobile friendly version like m.rimweb.in is welcome, right now i am using low-fi version in mobile..

• Like 1

Excellent look, fresh and nice feel.... Very relaxing on the eyes also with the white or light greyish or bluish background....And easily readable....

Keep up the good work, Arun & team.....

Edited by KumaarShah

wow now our website looks cool & fresh...

change is necessary.

Edited by ayaz_cool

Arun and all the MODS

Guys u RocK

well done with new look and feel

and Blue My Favorite ColOr

^^^

view new post - use the following link to see new post for last 24 hours

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

But thats a very cumbersome way to view posts of last 24 hours. Do we need to keep this URL in favorites ? I think there should be a link on the page only for that.

And I am still not getting any clue on where to find - "Get active topics for : " ? with options - Today, This Week, Past 2 Weeks, This month, Past 3 Months, This year.

The screenshot is on last post of 2nd page of this thread.

^^^

the links "View New Content" is now available on the top right corner, just below search..

^^^

the links "View New Content" is now available on the top right corner, just below search..

Yes but that shows lesser number of threads than the URL that you gave earlier.

^^^

view new post - use the following link to see new post for last 24 hours

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

But thats a very cumbersome way to view posts of last 24 hours. Do we need to keep this URL in favorites ? I think there should be a link on the page only for that.

That link is on the main index page itself above the Board statistics bar. See attached screenshot.

post-1-124781877989_thumb.gif

^

But there should be an option for time related i.e. 1week/2week/1month/1year as before also; Newer versions should incorporate more and better features rather than reducing some important one... a la Vista vs XP.... lol...

Arun,

I fully agree with Dkaile. The option to check the topics for Today, This Week, Past 2 weeks etc... were extremely useful and that was one of the features, I think hundreds of our members were using. This is one of the things which differentiates our forum from others. I think this feature is unavoidable and without which we all will miss a little old threads.

I think we should not compromise on feature at the cost of the looks. I am not sure about others but I am ready to go back to the earlier looks if the feature cannot be enabled with newer looks. You may infect create a poll on this.

• Like 1

^

But there should be an option for time related i.e. 1week/2week/1month/1year as before also; Newer versions should incorporate more and better features rather than reducing some important one... a la Vista vs XP.... lol...

Arun,

I fully agree with Dkaile. The option to check the topics for Today, This Week, Past 2 weeks etc... were extremely useful and that was one of the features, I think hundreds of our members were using. This is one of the things which differentiates our forum from others. I think this feature is unavoidable and without which we all will miss a little old threads.

I think we should not compromise on feature at the cost of the looks. I am not sure about others but I am ready to go back to the earlier looks if the feature cannot be enabled with newer looks. You may infect create a poll on this.

The option is already there. "View New Content" has two modes, the default is to fetch active topics posted in since your last visit (as per 2.3.x) OR based on the topic marking system (as per 3.0.0). The option to switch that is in your "My Settings" > Settings tab > General Settings.

The only difference from the earlier version is that you do not have to option to show ONLY past "week/s" or "month/s" active topics, instead it will lists all active topics from either your last visit (default) OR all content that you have not read (if you changed in Settings). The topics will be listed based on the date, so if you just need to go through the active topics in the last week then check the date and read the topics since the last week and ignore the ones listed after that.

Looks Good!!!!!!!

keep it up.

^

I tried the changed settings to list all posts I have not read, and om my gosh, it gave me a list of 491 pages!!!! and that did not include the pages I had already read, so it was damn confusing to search for stuff which I may have read from say 1 week or 1 month ago but would like to refer again... I was unable to do so... I will try to get used to this new change, but that was a damn good feature, if it could be incorporated back somehow...

• Like 1

^

I tried the changed settings to list all posts I have not read, and om my gosh, it gave me a list of 491 pages!!!! and that did not include the pages I had already read, so it was damn confusing to search for stuff which I may have read from say 1 week or 1 month ago but would like to refer again... I was unable to do so... I will try to get used to this new change, but that was a damn good feature, if it could be incorporated back somehow...

Same here too.

I will submit a feature request to the developers to have a week/month cut off option added to the "View New Content" feature. For now you have the option to list either active topics content since your last visit OR all active topics that you have not read before.

all i would say is that it is looking more fancier than before ...

though i would really like to see a thanks feature ...though i see an option for voting a post

also in member profile we see "gender"....i dont think there is need for it

Edited by mufaddal_km
  • Like 3

Really very cool & nice look.....

gr8 work man keep it up

• Like 1

the + and - adds to the reputation. I 2nd Mufaddal with thanks button. How is the reputaion used? If I give + to someone then how can I change that to - later if needed and visa versa?

• Like 2

Congratulations...

but somehow it seems to be taking too much space on the screen....

also in member profile we see "gender"....i dont think there is need for it

Removed some fields now from the profile display in posts to save screen area. The removed profile fields can be seen by opening the profile page of the member. There is an alignment issue for the custom profile fields where they align to the left instead of center and Invision Inc. will be fixing that soon.

• Like 1

^^^

yeah + and - is for reputation

every time one uses it it will increase/reduce reputation

though the funniest part is u can use it to increase ur own reputation

i think its a bug or something

coz the + and - shudnt be available for member for his own post ..it shud be visible in others post , otherwsie everyone will just increase their repuatation

also there shud be a time constarint

like a member can use + or - only once in an hr ( we use this on daily mobile) ...this is to prevent anyone mischieving with the repuation buttons

• Like 3

^

very true...

@Arun - I liked the the displaying of the Interests field that u have now removed... every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I suppose... lol

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

^

I think + and - are for that particular post only and not for member in entirety...

When someone gives you a + or - for a post of your's, it will add to your overall reputation score.

@Arun - I liked the the displaying of the Interests field that u have now removed...

Yeah, you had a lot of Interests, didn't you? :P

• Like 1

^

I think + and - are for that particular post only and not for member in entiret

y...

the + - are sort of thanks buttons only

even on other forums for every post u will find + and - option which adds /lessens overall thanks count

@arun

is this a bug ??

how come i can see + - for our my own post

i can increase my reputation ,....this shudnt be the case