Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

The All New Rimweb!

one cannot put reputation for it's own post. This is nice and colourfull. Good job Arun. Kep it up.

though the funniest part is u can use it to increase ur own reputation

i think its a bug or something

coz the + and - shudnt be available for member for his own post ..it shud be visible in others post , otherwsie everyone will just increase their repuatation

@arun

is this a bug ??

how come i can see + - for our my own post

i can increase my reputation ,....this shudnt be the case

You are right, you can't do that anymore from now ;)

also there shud be a time constarint

like a member can use + or - only once in an hr ( we use this on daily mobile) ...this is to prevent anyone mischieving with the repuation buttons

There is a time restriction set for 24 hour period based on the member group. Newer member groups will be allowed fewer votes to avoid misuse.

What's the use of the calender I see now in the home page? Would you be adding b'days of the members?

@arun

yeah saw that ...i can no longer see them for my post

so sad , i cant increase my reputation now :( ..

lol

• Like 1

What's the use of the calender I see now in the home page? Would you be adding b'days of the members?

I'm not sure if the member birthdays can be added to it but I have to check that.

@arun

yeah saw that ...i can no longer see them for my post

so sad , i cant increase my reputation now :( ..

lol

Yeah, the Rep Yourself offer was valid for the first few hours only so that you will like the new reputation system :P

I wonder why Invision Inc. left that option enabled by default, it should have been disabled by default and I didn't notice it earlier

Change is only Permanent :) .. Cheers to Arunji ...for making it possible

UI is is very cool .....need to explore more features of new version ..

Edited by chintan1

^

But there should be an option for time related i.e. 1week/2week/1month/1year as before also; Newer versions should incorporate more and better features rather than reducing some important one... a la Vista vs XP.... lol...

Arun,

I fully agree with Dkaile. The option to check the topics for Today, This Week, Past 2 weeks etc... were extremely useful and that was one of the features, I think hundreds of our members were using. This is one of the things which differentiates our forum from others. I think this feature is unavoidable and without which we all will miss a little old threads.

I think we should not compromise on feature at the cost of the looks. I am not sure about others but I am ready to go back to the earlier looks if the feature cannot be enabled with newer looks. You may infect create a poll on this.

The option is already there. "View New Content" has two modes, the default is to fetch active topics posted in since your last visit (as per 2.3.x) OR based on the topic marking system (as per 3.0.0). The option to switch that is in your "My Settings" > Settings tab > General Settings.

The only difference from the earlier version is that you do not have to option to show ONLY past "week/s" or "month/s" active topics, instead it will lists all active topics from either your last visit (default) OR all content that you have not read (if you changed in Settings). The topics will be listed based on the date, so if you just need to go through the active topics in the last week then check the date and read the topics since the last week and ignore the ones listed after that.

This "New feature" has made the life complicated.

Here is - how:

1. "View New Content" on each page at upper right corner :

As explained in earlier posts in the same thread, if we go by the default search setting - "Show me all new content since my last visit", then we are not able to get yesterday's post or for that matter this weeks posts.

2. If we want to see post of last 24 hours, we need to navigate to index page, scroll down to bottom and click on "Today's active content" which is above the Board Statistics.

3. Since both of the above processes are on different locations, cumbersome and neither of them offer the options that we had in the earlier version (eg. Today, this week, past 2 weeks, this month ...), I tried your suggested option. I changed the default search setting to - "Show me all content that I have not read"

So has the life improved ? No. Here is how:

3A. Clciking on "View new content" now showing all the posts but the visited ones. Lets click on one - for example "The All New Rimweb!". After reading into the thread if you once again click on "view New Content", the thread disappears. Reason ? Because now "View New Content" shows only the new threads which you have not visited !

3B. So, if after reading 3,4 threads if you want to post something in one of the visited thread, you need to search the thread from home page. or you need to keep "Your options" page open and keep changing the Search settings. so that it can show you the earlier thread !

I think all our members must be facing this issue.

Is this new look woth this excercise ?

• Like 2

Great!

All new RIMWEB!!

@MOBILE FAN:

1. It will show all active topics since your last visit. If your last visit was 7 days ago, then it will list all active topics within the last 7 days

2. "Today's active content" link was in the same place in IPB 2.3.6 too. The link can be added on the top as well. "Today's active content" and "View New Content" are different.

3. "View New Content" will show only topics that have new content activity since you last visit as the name says. For the "Active Topics for past X days/week/month" option, we will have to wait and see as I have submitted a feature request for it.

• Like 1

this looks great !

lets see what happens when we use it for some days, and yes, the 'view new content' link is a little hard to find,

especially with the ads below, seems to merge into it for me.

Help Topic: Viewing active topics and new posts

The 'View New Posts' link in the member bar at the top of each page, will allow you to view all of the topics which have new replies in since your last visit to the board.

You can view which new topics have new replies today by clicking on the 'Today's Active Topics' link found at the bottom of the main board page (the first page you see when visiting the board). You can set your own date criteria, choosing to view all topics with new replies during several date choices.

will the above method helps to view X days/week/month posts ?? if so how to set the criteria to last few days ??

^^ They haven't updated the Help Topics for IPB3. It is from IPB 2.3.6 manual which was converted for IPB3, so the text is same.

Great Work A very Fresh Look, Feels like u r not in Rimweb but in to any other forum, I ll miss the old one. :) OLD is Always Gold.

feels like i am a newbie.. ;)

BTW any update on

Friendly URLs

URLs to topics, forums, profiles, etc. in IPB are now formatted without a query string where possible. For example, yoursite.tld/forums/index.php?showforum=10 becomes yoursite.tld/forums/index.php/forum/10/general-chat which is much more human-readable and friendly to search engines.

Edited by savramesh

^^ Yes, I will be switching over to SEO Friendly URL, need to make some changes at the server side for that first.

Looks really good and fresh but new software do not work well with Opera Mini on E71 and N97 both. Is there any thing you can do Arun - on server side?

You know accessing discussion forums using pathetic GPRS is pain in A**. And not accessing RIMWeb leaves me lost.

Please do something if possible.

• Like 1

To add to kalpak's comments on OperaMini, the background colours sort of overlap each other (almost) and it becomes very difficult as all are pastel shades - white, light blue, light grey etc.

It is very difficult to distinguish from the topic title, forum heading, started by,stats, last post info....

@MOBILE FAN:

3. "View New Content" will show only topics that have new content activity since you last visit as the name says. For the "Active Topics for past X days/week/month" option, we will have to wait and see as I have submitted a feature request for it.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Wow. The new look is awesome. Minimal and clean. I like it. Thanks Arun for upgrading the forum. :D

I am so overwhelmed... Im writing it again, that Im in love with the new look and feel of the forum.. :)

That's Nice.. Now our forum looks like cool and professional

Thanks to administrators and moderators

A New Thing REPUTATION has been added. What is this?