Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

The All New Rimweb!

@Arun

somehow clicking on "View New Content", redirects to "Members" tab instead of "Forums"... is it just happening to me or with everyone... didnt happen on the first day though i remember...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

seems to be working fine now after i cleared the cache and cookies on the browser...

Edited by Dj

^^ um its opening "Forums" tab itself, can you try from a different browser and see if the same is happening in it also?

^^ Thank for the update ;)

Edited by Arun

this thing simply rocks

congrats arun

Looks really good and fresh but new software do not work well with Opera Mini on E71 and N97 both. Is there any thing you can do Arun - on server side?

You know accessing discussion forums using pathetic GPRS is pain in A**. And not accessing RIMWeb leaves me lost.

Please do something if possible.

To add to kalpak's comments on OperaMini, the background colours sort of overlap each other (almost) and it becomes very difficult as all are pastel shades - white, light blue, light grey etc.

It is very difficult to distinguish from the topic title, forum heading, started by,stats, last post info....

I checked using Opera Mini on Nokia N82 and it seems to be displaying fine. The Opera Mini version was 4.2.14320

I have attached a few screenshots from Opera Mini

post-1-124793749256_thumb.jpg

post-1-1247937494_thumb.jpg

post-1-124793749579_thumb.jpg

post-1-124793749756_thumb.jpg

post-1-124793749895_thumb.jpg

post-1-124793750012_thumb.jpg

@Arun - I liked the the displaying of the Interests field that u have now removed... every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I suppose... lol

The profile fields have been further trimmed to save more screen area now.

The alignment issue for the custom profile fields as been fixed now. Three cheers for punbros for fixing that!

A New Thing REPUTATION has been added. What is this?

Reputation system is for rating a member based on his/her contribution. You can add your vote (positive or negative) for a member in his/her post. See the + and - icons on the right side (below) of every post? You can use that for voting in the reputation system. The reputation points of a member can be seen in his/her profile. Very useful for Buy/Sell buyers and sellers.

All old emoticons and system avatars have been added back now! :cheers:

This does deserve the Cheers....

What's the use of the calender I see now in the home page? Would you be adding b'days of the members?

Birthdays have been added to the calendar now.

^^^ Did you mean "Go to first unread post" button? I can see the little arrow box icon in front of the topic titles which does that. The icons have changed.

yes, Its available when we directly go to the sub forums, but not when "View New Content" is clicked.

In the "View New Content" page, you just need to click on the topic title, it will take you to the last unread post directly.

• Like 2

Hey rimweb looks fresh and cool... But i personally feel previous version was more user friendly and nice to eyes...

also noobs and not-so-tech-savvys will find it difficult to follow it... is there any option we can keep alive both versions boards with same data on 2 different domain?? If yes... think seriously about it...

also i was expecting thanks button but cant fine em...

Nice Change ! Thanks Arun and Team !

Looks really good and fresh but new software do not work well with Opera Mini on E71 and N97 both. Is there any thing you can do Arun - on server side?

You know accessing discussion forums using pathetic GPRS is pain in A**. And not accessing RIMWeb leaves me lost.

Please do something if possible.

To add to kalpak's comments on OperaMini, the background colours sort of overlap each other (almost) and it becomes very difficult as all are pastel shades - white, light blue, light grey etc.

It is very difficult to distinguish from the topic title, forum heading, started by,stats, last post info....

I checked using Opera Mini on Nokia N82 and it seems to be displaying fine. The Opera Mini version was 4.2.14320

I have attached a few screenshots from Opera Mini

It looks good on Opera Mini, no issue about display but can not add quick reply. You know using full fledge browser on GPRS is not possible. I dont know how to take screen shot yet on my new N97 else would have posted screen shot.

^^ Are you using the "Mobile mode" in Opera Mini? You have to use the "Lo Fi" skin. It now has the option for replying to topics and opening new topics.

Somehow I am still unable to come to grips with the new colour structure of our forum. I somehow feel the old one was more pleasing to the eyes...

^^^

new version is eating my time more as i got practiced with the older version.. it will take some time for me to get practiced with this one.

Also the header area in this version does not look attractive or professional. google ads seems to be more focused in this area...

• Like 1

Wah Wah.........Surprised ! :)

I logged in to the forum after nearly 10 days and now I'm surprised to see our beloved RIMWEB in a new Avataar.

Its great...!

Congrats to Arun and the team....! :)

awesome interface ... but kinda slow though

• Like 1

^^^

new version is eating my time more as i got practiced with the older version.. it will take some time for me to get practiced with this one.

Also the header area in this version does not look attractive or professional. google ads seems to be more focused in this area...

While most of the design aspects are default, I have made some changes here and there like logo, google ad, members rank and so on but basically just a small tidbits...

I formatted the google ad area a while ago to separate it from the other board links... I hope it doesn't look cluttered now...

As for looking header area not looking professional, as said, we have just added our bits but it remains default mostly...

• Like 2

Somehow I am still unable to come to grips with the new colour structure of our forum. I somehow feel the old one was more pleasing to the eyes...

+1.

hey punbros, thats great work!

BTW anyone noticed this strange separator popping in seemingly randomly in the 'view new content' listings?

post-287-12480396622_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the changes punbros, looks good!

+1.

Thats like "home sickness". You will adapt to the new design eventually!

Edited by Nirvana

Congratulations.Has a nice feel and look.

+1.

Thats like "home sickness". You will adapt to the new design eventually!

Like I said, I dont want it to flop like the Vista vs XP battle... thats why a suggestion, thats all...

• Like 1

I formatted the google ad area a while ago to separate it from the other board links... I hope it doesn't look cluttered now...

As for looking header area not looking professional, as said, we have just added our bits but it remains default mostly...

"

Can you move these links to the Search field row ??

Move Bread-crumb navigation below google ads..

Centralize google ads and change the color of google ads text.

Thanks..