Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

The All New Rimweb!

<br />^^ Are you using the "Mobile mode" in Opera Mini? You have to use the "Lo Fi" skin. It now has the option for replying to topics and opening new topics.<br />

No I am not using mobile view. Still has same problem. Let me check some thing else. From today I dont have E71 so will check only on N97.

adding quick reply using nokia browser.

how about having chat like facebook, so all those who r online can chat among themselves.

^ :cheers:

@ Arun..

The hyperlink in mail alerts directs you to the Topic main page instead of the post. (In 90% cases)

@ Arun..

The hyperlink in mail alerts directs you to the Topic main page instead of the post. (In 90% cases)

What email client are you using? Can you send a screenshot of how it displays in your browser/email client and forward that notification email to arun(at)rimweb.com ?

On clicking the link it goes to the last topic and not the post. This is happening on Mac, iphone. On ppc it took me to the first post. I'm using default mail clients on iphone, mac and ppc.

• Like 1

Still officially Opera Mini is not supported by S60 V5 so might not be working properly. Nokia OVI stores listed it before some times then removed content. :(

On clicking the link it goes to the last topic and not the post. This is happening on Mac, iphone. On ppc it took me to the first post. I'm using default mail clients on iphone, mac and ppc.

What do you mean by "goes to the last topic"? The link will take you to the "new post" based on your session. When you open it "once", that post will be marked as "read" for your account's session.

hmm

I formatted the google ad area a while ago to separate it from the other board links... I hope it doesn't look cluttered now...

As for looking header area not looking professional, as said, we have just added our bits but it remains default mostly...

"

Can you move these links to the Search field row ??

Move Bread-crumb navigation below google ads..

Centralize google ads and change the color of google ads text.

Thanks..

Thanks for the suggestions... we will look into the matter but please be patient for the changes to take place (in-case we liked your suggestions :Contento:;) ofcourse) Rest assured, we heard you...

Others members as well as you can shoot more suggestions to make things better here....

BTW the google ads are already centralized. Please hit Ctrl + F5 to refresh and check.

When I clicked on the link in the mail o didnot reach the new post. I never reached to te new post even in the earlier setup. I reached to the topic I was reading the mail about. I'm happy with that as before posting I cam read the other topics added.

I am facing this problem that whenever I am clicking on any external link in any post, it opens the link in the same Tab; whereas earlier it was opening in a New Tab... even though it has been set to open in New Tab as per settings in Firefox through Tools-Options-Tab-Open links in a New Tab (even though this option has been removed in Firefox 3.5; it was there till Firefox v3.0.11)...

This is also the default behavior (even in Firefox 3.5) on most sites like e.g. Gmail, Facebook etc., wherein if you click any external link, it opens in a new tab, without disturbing your original tab.

Is anyone else also facing this problem? If yes, then do you not prefer that external links should open in New Tabs rather than in same Tab; I have to right click that link and select it to open in new tab, whereas earlier it was opening in new tab just by clicking.... as it does in all good and reputed sites like Gmail, Facebook etc...

I had a talk with Arun, and he said no such option existed in this new IPB...

All the members views are solicited....

:previous:

Thanks Ani for the great tip.

:signthankspin::NO::SI::clap:

There's no middle button on my laptop... anyways that's not the solution; still looking for answers/solutions/suggestions to the specific problem...

u can use cntrl + left mouse click instead of middle button..

Thanks Sarvaramesh...

But what actually I wanted to know was the cause of this behavior in the new IPB and whether it is better to work with a single click or there is no solution but to be use the 2 click solutions like right click and Ctrl+Click etc... Which is better and why a single normal left click solution cannot be implemented for this small irritant?

I just saw the view selected source of an external link in my signature.. In that link the target is not mentioned and thats why links opening in same window. I am sure, there should be a setting in the board to open external links in new window..

Also i tried editing my signature in html mode and gave target=_blank for my links but its saving without target. so it should be the board settings.

Thanks Sarvaramesh...

BTW its - Savramesh :):)

Edited by savramesh

Sorry for the misspelling Savramesh... Cheers... exactly, it is an IPB Board settings problem...

Well I just understood what exactly you were trying to say as I noticed the words "external links" in this topic title. You did not mention the word "external links" when you asked me earlier. I thought you were saying that every hyperlinks in the forum were opening in a new window for you in the previous version including the links to posts, sub forums, etc. You seem to have referred a "hyperlink" as an "external link", however a "hyperlink" just refers to a link that is clickable and opens to the new document be it external or internal link.

OK, I have now configured "external links" in posts to open in a new Window :)

here is an external link for you to test: http://www.google.com

I hope this is what you were asking for?

exactly...

thanks..

Yup, you got my point now... Thanks... But I think it will be even better if, even the internal links (like the ones in my signature) open in new tabs...

Edited by dkaile

If the internal links also made open in new window then all links in the forum will start opening in new window.. for example, if you click next page in a topic then it will also open in new window..

Also i am not sure if links in signature alone [internal/external] can be made open in new window..

I am using Tab mix plus add on for if,Its working fine.