Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vbhisey

Unlock 8830

I have a 8830 purchased when it first came out. Can I unlock the GSM to use on any network?

Also how can I see HTML mail instead of the coding?

Thanks,

Vishwas

did u try putting ur sim card so see if its already unlocked

if in case its locked u can run mfi multiloader tool to unlock it

I tried running MFI multiloader tool.

MFI says :FAIL in red with the following message:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'RIMRADIOCOMLib.RIMRadioObjClass' to interface type 'RIMRADIOCOMLib.IConnection'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{FE9513A0-9002-11DD-BAEA-0002A5D5C51B}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Did the following:

Downloaded and installed 8830AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel177_PL3.4.0.20_A4.5.0.127_Reliance.exe

Installed and ran 8800M_PBr4.5.0_rel81_PL2.7.0.68_A4.5.0.55.exe

Deleted vendor.xml from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Downloaded and installed MFI multiloader

Disconnected from the internet

Tried several times over 2-3 hours. No luck. All applications, data etc wiped out from the device. I could reload all of that from the Application loader. I had a backup of data, which I restored, but Google maps, GridMagic and a couple of other programs vanished forever. Not a great loss, but would have been really worth it if the effort had succeeded.

Help!!

I tried running MFI multiloader tool.

MFI says :FAIL in red with the following message:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'RIMRADIOCOMLib.RIMRadioObjClass' to interface type 'RIMRADIOCOMLib.IConnection'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{FE9513A0-9002-11DD-BAEA-0002A5D5C51B}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Did the following:

Downloaded and installed 8830AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel177_PL3.4.0.20_A4.5.0.127_Reliance.exe

Installed and ran 8800M_PBr4.5.0_rel81_PL2.7.0.68_A4.5.0.55.exe

Deleted vendor.xml from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Downloaded and installed MFI multiloader

Disconnected from the internet

Tried several times over 2-3 hours. No luck. All applications, data etc wiped out from the device. I could reload all of that from the Application loader. I had a backup of data, which I restored, but Google maps, GridMagic and a couple of other programs vanished forever. Not a great loss, but would have been really worth it if the effort had succeeded.

Help!!

Hi V,

I know this is not the answer to your quesry however it seems you can help me,, i tried to follow the same process but after installing the MFI when i tried to run & connect my 8830 to wipe,,, it just keeps showing "CONNECT A device to begin",

Can you please help me to guide if i m missing to install something... i m using Windows vista 32x on my system...

Please review & advise.

NOTE: i have just attached a screenshot for your refernce.

Thanks,

A RJ

post-55223-125017630895_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Don't know. I got a connected message, things happened for a while, and then said FAIL. The device was wiped clean not even the OS. Everything had to be installed from scratch.

V

Guys....

1. MFI maynot work with Vista.. Try to use good old XP.. else try to right click MFI Loader.exe & select prop - Win XP. But better to use a PC with XP.

2. NEVER use MFI wwwith latest OS. Downgrade ur OS to the oldes version possible (4.2.x or 4.1.x) & then use MFI. It will work. Take my word for it :) As newer OS is released, protection also is enahnaced

yes u have to use mfi on os 4.2 and not 4.5

i have unlocked one verizon 8830 gsm with mfi tool

MFI showed pass on 4.5 but MEPD network status still shows active on my 8830 ?

any clues ?

yes u have to use mfi on os 4.2 and not 4.5

i have unlocked one verizon 8830 gsm with mfi tool