Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shubhanyu

Help, Guys ... Htc Mogul (almost) Dead !

Guys ... need help with the Mogul .. never fallen ... never beaten ... treated gentlemanly way .... yet the #$%&@ behaved like .... #$% !! Attached screenshot, this is the only thing it is showing. Nothing else ... anything I can do except throwing it away and grabbing the iPhone 3GS when it launches in India ? That should be having a better quality? Opinion please, friends ...

post-19734-12488822159_thumb.jpg

when did it go kaput? How long have you had it? Where did you get it from?

The photo is so blurry, can hardly make out anything... What do u mean by almost dead... never seen such a problem all by itself.... what exactly happened and how did this problem start.... are u able to receive calls... or does it ring... did some water seep into it... did u use a non standard charger to charge it...

cant make out anything from the photo u posted

looks like water damage or screen damage to me from the pic

i would suggest u to take better pics of the phone both when switched off and switched on if u u want help

Try calling yr phone... If You call & it rings... but yr phone doesn't show anything... means... YR LCD display Cable has a problem. Try opening & closing keyboard FAST... might do the trick. If the cable has minor problem... supplementing it with a tape might help. If its broken/damaged u need new cable...

OK, here are the answers:

1. Problem started when phone was being used as a modem connected via USB. It was used such for extended periods, and I saw that orange light was blinking. It was hot to touch, and I immediately removed it and let it cool. Then, there were little signs of graphical corruption... as in that switching from portrait to landscape would be fine but then touch ability would be lost, and screen would be frozen - however, all functions would work - only screen frozen. When I return to portrait, everything ok.

Next day, that also vanished. I will take better pics. Phone rings if I call it, and I can use alerts number redial. Vibration, etc. everything fine, speaker works too. Only some problem related to the display ... I sense that there is some problem due to overheat and it will be limited to the display itself - I assure you rest everything works as expected - just I can not see anything - not even the boot screen and hard reset and bootloader (tri color) screens.

2. I keep my devices with great care - never dropped or any sort of damage inflicted upon. No water damage at all - never one drop. Trust me. :) Bought last year April from our Sadik bro ... when he bbrought these into India ... box packed QWest.

Regarding keyboard opening and closing, it is like this .... earlier (earlier meaning when the problem started) .. when I start to take out my keyboard slowly, there is a point when screen will shift into landscape even when the keyboard is not fully out. If I stop at that position, touch used to work on landscape also ... and then when I will slide the whole keyboard out, screen would freeze as described above. @Peter .. I believe you are right ... could it be that the heat damaged the display cable?

Nobody in Palika Bazaar opened it - when they came to know it is CDMA, they were like "we won't get parts" ... I told just open and see may be some problem that won't require parts ... but I guess they meant that they won't get cheap parts to replace my phone's genuine parts ... ;) I did not try Gaffar, due to past experience that they will charge heavy for simply opening and looking into the problem ... presently am in Kolkata ...

I took the pic in dark, so that I could show the screen backlight. Phone is indeed switched on in the pic ... never mind, I will post better pics tomorrow ... thank you friends ... your experience may just save my purchase ... it's just been a year and I am still like it's a new device ... :grin:

Edited by shubhanyu

Ur display looks to be gone bad

If u can't get it done in delhi..send it to mumbai

I know some people in mumbai who can repair the phone , and over here they don't charge for opening and looking at phone....I always turn to them when others or htc service centre can't repair phone

• Like 1

Fired it up to take new photos ... found the display glowing in its original beauty .. May be your good wishes! After two months of constant blankness, the display fired to life today ... I do not know for how long ... so I am just using it to take my landline portal ID which was in there ... :grin:

OK, it is in portrait, and I have not yet tried landscape till now, fearing corruption. I will backup my things first, then experimentation ... will report findings later ... :)

Edited by shubhanyu

Well .. as soon as I changed it to landscape, display slowly faded away ... that's it. Now not even working for portrait ... just like before ...

OK, display is back ... it is becoming quite clear that the problem may be in the cable as was suggested ... now I won't dare change it to landscape ! :)

Display strip melted due to heat.. I think some earthing issue with electricity @ ur place...

or battery failure could cause over heating of phone too....

Aha ... there we have a reply from the pro (and bro) himself ... I have one original battery that came with the phone, and one Mugen Power ... and I *think* I have not been able to isolate if it is really a battery issue.

Bro, any idea how much it would be costing for repairs ... ?

^

The Mugen Power Battery could be the culprit for the overheating issue causing this breakdown... Try at an HTC Service Centre... The display strip used is common with many HTC Models being repaired by them, so you could be in luck...

• Like 1

i dont think display strip is common with any other HTC model... plz check. it will cost around 2500 rs.

Melting due to heat is rare.... Most common reason is opening & closing.... the strip might have had a bad close which might have bent it or streched it a bit to put some pressure & causing it to tear from 1 end...

• Like 1

^

The display strip is common with HTC P4350 and C800 models being sold in India and is available with them...

^

The Mugen Power Battery could be the culprit for the overheating issue causing this breakdown... Try at an HTC Service Centre... The display strip used is common with many HTC Models being repaired by them, so you could be in luck...

On the contrary .... it is running on Mugen Power right now .... and ... I am not having the guts to remove this battery and put in the original HTC one to test ... ;)

The service centres won't be flaming me with "this handset is not available here sir" sort of replies?

^

Who cares, worth a try.... The Service Centre here in Meerut is ready to do job on any HTC Phone as long as they get their service and parts charges... I just tell them I have just come from US and want to get it serviced... lol...

:previous: just come from the US sounds great .... worth trying .... will look at the service centres in Kolkata ... "just repair it don't bother from where it landed" ^_^

Here's the List- http://www.247servic...id=54&title=HTC

HTC

All India Helpline number 1800-113-377

Operational Monday - Saturday within 9:30 am - 5:30 pm

Kolkata

RT Outsourcing Services LTD.

RT Outsourcing Services ltd, 2, Rippan Street,

(Opp. Hotel Heera International)

Kolkata-17N 033-22264370, 22277891/92

Monday to Saturday (9.30 am to 5.30 pm)

Closed on Sundays and public holidays.

Salora Int'l Ltd

5 , Commissarite Road, Histing ,

Near Ordance Club, Kolkata

Monday to Saturday : 10:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

2nd Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday - Closed

Delhi

RT Outsourcing Services Ltd. 7,

Local Shopping complex, Okhla Phase-II,

Opp.- C Lal Chowk, New Delhi-20 011-40648841, 42

Monday to Saturday (9.30 am to 5.30 pm)

Closed on Sundays and public holidays.

Cell Net

L1 Mahavir Enclave, Palam Dabri Road,

Near Dwarka Gate, New Delhi 45

office timing : 10:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Salora Int'l Ltd

D-13/4 Okhla Ind. Area Phase II, New Delhi 110020

Monday to Saturday : 10:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

2nd Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday - Closed

Telecom Systems

shop No. 143, 145 Shiva Market PitamPura

office timing: 10:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Monday and Public Holiday - Closed ,

monday and Public Holiday - Closed

Vaishnavi Services

A-1,Acharya Niketen, Mayur Vihar Phase - 1

10 am- 6 pm,Monday and public holiday closed

Meerut

NICS house,first floor,Bhopal singh Market,Begum Bridge, Meerut (U.P) 250002

(+91-121-4005714)

Monday to Saturday : 9:30a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Sunday and Public Holiday - Closed

Ashwani Care

19 chotta Bazar,lal kurti bazzar,MEERUT

Monday to Saturday ; 10am- 7pm.

Sunday and public holiday closed

well , i have an experience with these htc service centre guys

if u take ur mogul , they wont tell u no

they will take it and see if it could be repiared or not , at the most they might ask u where u bought it from ,but mostly they dont ask

but be aware that most of these htc service centre guys are idiots and they dont even know how to repair phones properly , atleast thats the case here in mumbai

but ur problem seems to be a display strip problem , so i guess the htc repiar centre shud do it for u , as its not that difficult to repair it

Thank you .... Will call them up and enquire. Also, I am now on the genuine HTC battery, and it is still working - only in portrait ... not risking switching to landscape till I bring it to service center ..... :) I *think* I remember Salora as the service center or distributor for Sony Ericsson phones... Hey, are the service charges same throughout India?

@mufaddal >>>> Doctor! Not able to PM you ... and yes, you are right in your observation of the intelligence of those people!

Edited by shubhanyu

^^^

yes u r rite

its salora which is authorised by htc and sony ericsson

they take sprint htc handsets .

when u go , they will take it , ask u to wait for soemtime and then tell u if the phone can be repaired or not and for how much

the prices are more or less same throughout india , but it also depends on availibility of parts

Well, the device is working as intended in Portrait, and reliably, I hope? However, the earpiece and Dpad are dead. Don't know how and why ... I believe a service centre visit should bring fresh life :)

if at all u viist htc service centre do let us know how did it go , whether they were able to fix it and for how much

Will be contacting them on Monday ... will try to phone them first, since they are about 2 hours from my place ... plus, I do not know my way around Kolkata, and while the Mogul GPS will be my companion in the onward journey, who will help me backwards? :P