Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Change Of Ownership

I have a Reliance GSM number which is working on name of someone else. I want to change it to my name and address.

Reason is I want to use this number for Bank alerts purpose etc.

Pls guide the process.

Edited by Saurav

Hi

To subscribe to sms alerts from bank and all, the connection need not be in your name, However if you are scared that the person under whom the connection is registered might cancel your sim and get a new sim issued claiming its lost, then you can go to any webworld and submit that persons documents along with yours and a letter i think if I am not mistaken. I think the same topic has been already discussed. Jus search in the forum :)

1. Will it cost me something?

2. I don't have other persons proof. Dealer activated it.

Yes. It's cost Rs.500 + Service Tax @ 10.3%. As yours is Prepaid, nothing will happen. You may keep as it is.

And for Bank's sites also you can give this number. Somany people using like this.

I have a Reliance GSM number which is working on name of someone else. I want to change it to my name and address.

Reason is I want to use this number for Bank alerts purpose etc.

Pls guide the process.

Hi,

It happened for me also. My SIM is being registered by other's name till now. I called up to the Customer Care and told them. Rather they will take the complaint from me they are telling they never do re-selling of SIM ,so my claim is fake. Then I went to the R-Web World and told them in this regard. They told me application form for giving my details has been finished, so come sometimes later. It seems to me this is not at all a serious issue to R-COM. It is happening every day,so don't take tension. That is their responsibilty not urs. You can register your number with your bank ,no probs will be arised,till and unless you loss your SIM.

Regards,

Abhrodeep Nag

if it is a prepaid then just find ur nearest reliance prepaid distributor go and fill up a new prepaid with with ur documents and tell them anything like u got a msg to resubmit ur documents etc ... ur no will be transferred in ur name free of cost

n if its postpaid u wud have to pay rs 500 plus service tax n it wud require signatures of person whose name it is now

@supernova

Is the same applicable for GSM.

In Prepaid Profile Change is FOC.

The idea of supernova is perfect.

Walk in into any Reliance World, if its there in your city.

FOC means?

I submitted my Proofs but they refused on the basis that Number is active.

Pls guide.

try another web world.

I had taken a R-SIM under CEP..

validity was till 10th june or so i guess....

i was out of town for a month so did not used the no from may-july...

then i found out that my No has been alloted to some1 else... :confuse:

n now my sim is getting registration fail :(

:previous:,

AFAIK, as per TRAI rules, they cannot allot your number to any one else for 6 months after you surrender/close it. So how did it happen in your case? Threaten them with legal action or tell them you will complain to TRAI, see their reaction.

All the best....

should I do that???

i was just using it as secondary no??

:previous:

If it is a secondary number and you do not mind losing it to someone else, then just forget the matter and get on with life!!!! Stop worrying, get a new RGSM or Tata DoCoMo SIM and carry on....:GirandoOjos::clap: