Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Genius

My Health Tips

sauna chambers never help to loose wt

i take sauna every sat for 20 -30 mins

it doesnt do anything to ur wt , at most ur wt will be less by few gms

the main use of sauna is that it helps to wash out the toxins from the body

also for people suffering from chronic sinusities ( myself ) steam is very good

i have not seen anyone in my life who has lost wt by taking sauna !!

What protine shake u are having?

I used to go to gym and once I stoped that, I started getting lot of weight :( .

now I donot have time to go there, but I am doing some ab and dumble excercices and also regularly claimbing stairs(11 floors) .

I used eat a lot of food for dinner, when I was skinney, but now that habit is continued and I cannot eat less, eating less will make me feel hungry during midnight

any solutions?

Edited by ss_rakesh

there are two kinds of supplements ( protein shakes )

one is weight gainer which has lots of protiens and double carbs and u have to take minimum 3 servings

the other one is lean muscle mass which has proteins and very little carbs , its maily for people who just wanna tone their bodies and add muscle mass without gaining much fat

if u r thin u have to start with wt gainers and then go to lean muscle supplements

i have taken most of supplements

the best ones are optimum nutrition and nitrotech

these are imported supplements which cost between 3k-4k per container

I used to go to gym and once I stoped that, I started getting lot of weight :( .

I used eat a lot of food for dinner, eating less will make me feel hungry during midnight

any solutions?

For God's sake why did you leave the good habit, if you did u should have proportionately cut down on calories, Eating is a habit, i suggest have some fiber and high protein food along with complex carbohydrate like honey, this will give you filling feel, and sleep @ night instead of keeping awake.

midnight hunger will go off in 2-3 weeks if you just leave it and keep strong.

Are mere liye kuch nahi h kya?

read this app ke liye

there are two kinds of supplements ( protein shakes )

one is weight gainer which has lots of protiens and double carbs and u have to take minimum 3 servings

the other one is lean muscle mass which has proteins and very little carbs , its maily for people who just wanna tone their bodies and add muscle mass without gaining much fat

if u r thin u have to start with wt gainers and then go to lean muscle supplements

i have taken most of supplements

the best ones are optimum nutrition and nitrotech

these are imported supplements which cost between 3k-4k per container

Can i find that in Jaipur???

I would rather be interested in Yoga though people like Ramdev appear fraud to me. Would there be an online source for learning it, since I would not have time to join a Yoga class.

@mukeshlist

yes it shud be available in jaipur

just visit any sports shop which sells gym and sports equipment they have it ...but have a look at its mfg date

i buy my thing from dealers in mumbai

Would there be an online source for learning it, since I would not have time to join a Yoga class.

Tanveer i would still suggest you to go to a Yoga Class as in yoga posture is very important and that can be only guided by a teacher if you still want to explore y-tube is good for searching asanas as well as look in torrent for Pilates workouts they are down loadable DVD or else you can get Shilpa Sheety Yoga DVD it will be eye candy tooo

shilpa_sheety-yoga-dvd.jpg

you can also try this

Good Luck --

wow !!!

yeh dekhkar to mujhe bhi yoga karne ka maan kar raha hai

I would rather be interested in Yoga though people like Ramdev appear fraud to me. Would there be an online source for learning it, since I would not have time to join a Yoga class.

As far as my experience is concern, Ramdev yoga are really good. His regime is very effective. I can say from my experience. Just like any other exercise, YOG too can cause injuries if not done correctly. No exercise is exception. So better do not get afraid. Patience and gradual rise are two key to good health.

Let me know if you are interested in my story of yog.

As far as my experience is concern, Ramdev yoga are really good. Patience and gradual rise are two key to good health.

i have also found Babaji to be good although i have not done it, i have friends and family doing it,

@ Kshah go ahead with yog story we are here to share experience

I found this thread very interesting.

Currently I am trying to gain. I waited 51 kgs. I am 36 with height 5' 4". In one and half month I gained 4 Kgs. I am following the things which are being discussed here. I am taking lots of real food. That is milk, Approx. 5 Bananas a day, 10 dates, Curd 200 gm+/ day, two full regular meals. I think I am still not eating what is required to build up. I think I am also missing on water. I am doing weight excercise. 2 days/week upper body, 2 days/week lower body and 1 day/week cardio + abs, weekends rest.

I already have emptied one container of Prolab's Enlarge2. Right now my dietitian has given me an indian product manufactured in Jaipur. And she is very much confident on it. I have heard a lot about Optimum's Serious Mass. May be I'll try that after the current one.

Though my dietitian tells me that I need to have "some" amount of powder with milk in the morning and some immediately after excercise in water, I am having doubts. Can the experienced people tell me exactly when and how much amount of this powders should be taken with milk/water ? Besides what should be eaten before and after the workout ? I am pure veg. and doesnt even eat eggs in chocolates/cakes.

And lastly - Mods, can we have a different threads for weight loss and weight gain ?

As far as my experience is concern, Ramdev yoga are really good. Patience and gradual rise are two key to good health.

i have also found Babaji to be good although i have not done it, i have friends and family doing it,

@ Kshah go ahead with yog story we are here to share experience

Thanks

In March 2007, I was diagnosed TB and lost lots of weight during 6 month treatment. I went down from 72 Kgs to 64 Kgs from March 07 to June 07. Later due to TB medicines (As told by doctor) I got splodylitis and stiffer back - symptoms similar to slip disk. Though xrays and other things were pretty much normal. There as some wear due to sedentary life style we all follow.

Later, I was advised to take rest and go thru small small excercises suggested by orthopedic - but had no effect in 3 months. (July 07 to Sept 07)

I always had been doing heavy exercises, but since my lungs were not in position to do heavy exercises. I had to look for easy but effective solution for myself.

So end of my TB treatment, they do lung test and efficiency of lungs were 62%, Doctor was expecting improvement of about 10% in next 1 year (Aug 07) with breathing exercises he suggested.

So I was looking for suitable ways to regain fitness and get rid of stiff neck, stiffer back and low energy levels as well as negligible physical strength. At that time due to my back ground of heavy exercise, I thought that without doing exercise my lung capacity will not increase.

One morning I saw Ramdev yog on TV and decided to do yog. I bought many books and CD's. But to my surprise, most Indian yog books and CD's talked more about danger of YOG than benefit of it. They will warn you for "WHAT NOT TO DO" rather than encouraging you to do. Only Radevji's books and CD's were prompting to do it first - for gradual improvement. His claims may not be sustainable at times but they are not wrong claims always - certain amount of iflated claims are necessary these days to market.

First I started doing PRANAYAM for about 6 weeks (Oct 4th Week 07) as suggested by them when I sent them email . In my next follow up, my doctor (Pulmonist) and conducted lung efficiency test again. He was very surprised to see than in about 6 weeks my lung capacity increased by 12% to 74%. He conducted tests twice and was very happy. When I asked him for exercise again, he said do what ever you are doing right now. It has a great effect on your health. I gained about kilo and a half in those 6 weeks as well. What I was doing was following exact regime of pranayam shown in Ramdevji's CD for Spondalytis. Then after 6 weeks I started doing YOG ASAN with difficulties due to stiffer contracted length muscles.

After about 4 months my back and neck started becoming easier and weight became stable at 72 Kgs (April 08). From April 08, I included 4 KM fast walking in regime as lungs were still not fit for cardio sort of heavy exercise. SInce then I am doing yog. Later from Feb 09, I included surya namaskar as suggested by YOG teacher trained by Ramdevji's institute and my back started becoming even better even faster. Still my back its according to me is 80% fit. But certainly it was an improvement beyond my expectation as TB medicines has some long term side effects.

I studies books of even Bikram yog, Iyengar yog and Bhartiya Yog Sansthan (They publish good books)

I liked bhartiya yog sanstan and Ramdevji's Patanjali yog ashram books the best. They suggest some of very simple basic exercise necessary for whole body - basic fitness. Once you start getting benefitted, you always look further to get advanced.

Then I met few people who are so fit and strong even without touching weights. Means there is no point in underestimating any thing.

Conclusion is any type of exercise is good for you as long as you do it regularly and religiously. Doing it rightly is must - if you have doubt about doing it rightly do it very easily so that one reduces chances of injuries to minimum.

Edited by kshah
  • Like 2

@kshah

good to see ur recovery , i know 6mnths of DOTS has lot of toll on the body

but good to know ur yoga story

@mobilefan

well best way to consume protein shakes is after workout , thats the best time to consume it

whey proteins take 30mins to digest

whey protiens are two types ( whey concentrate and whey isolate)

now once u finish ur workout within 30 mins have ur shake , the reason is that after workout ur body is in catabolic state , if u dont provide protiens it will start mobilising protiens from ur muscles ,

also consume a shake 40 -60 mins before workout , so while u workout ur body will have good store of protien

also u can have one serving in morning

normally wt gainers require u to have 3 -4 scoops depending on brand

but what i do is have half the recommended serving ( otherwise one container will get over in 15days )

and i eat well

remember supplemets are not to serve as food

they supplement ur deficiencies in diet

u have to eat well even if u taking supplements

also dont eat two times a day , increase ur frequency and reduce the quantity eash time if u want optimum results

and dont go for indian supplements , they arent that good

if u want to gain wt eat optimum or weider or ultimate nutrition , the bigger container u get the cheaper it will be ,

and moreover be ur dietician

u plan out what u like to eat and what u can eat

coz u will get shape in just few weeks but then ur muscle development will slow down and thats the time which is more imp , coz u will have to maintain ur self

if u really want to gain mass then go for home made wt gaining malts

my advise remains same space ur meals , good workout of minimum 4 days a week and good sleep

Its really really good advice Dr. mufaddal. Thanks for that.

So, I need to take the protein shake three times a day. 1. In the morning, 2. 1 hour before gymming 3. immediately after gymming.

Should I take it every time in milk ? or in water after gymming ?

Currently my eating style is like this -

8:00 AM 250 ml milk + protein powder + Multi vitamin tablet (this one is very costly - Rs.1100+ for some 50 tablets) = More Protein

10/10:30 AM Mixed sprout - about 100/150 gm = neat Protein

12:00 noon 1 Banana = Carb

2:00 Meal (3 small rotis (I am Gujarati:), Subji, Rice, Dal, Approx 100+ gm home made curd) = Carb + Protein + Fat

4:00/4:30 10 dates = neat Carb

5:00 2 Bananas = Carb

6:00 Gym

7:00 Protein shake in water = Carb + Protein in 2:1

7:30 2 Banana = Carb

9:00/9:30 Dinner (every time different but heavy. not necessarily high in protein)

11:30/12:00 100 ml milk + 3/4 ParleG biscuit = Carb + lil protein

after about 10 mins. I go to bed.

Dr. saab, How to fit the 3rd protein dose in this schedule ? Besides, do you suggest any Add/Modify/Delete ?

Once again, thanks for your valuable advice.

please do not try to learn YOGA yourself through online videos or books or TV's as it may end up in danger... Learn it from a guru..

Go for a YOGA institute which does not have a religious touch as YOGA is purely a science or culture. it is not related to any religion. do not be misguided..

Also try to understand about Yogic Science before getting in to it.. I am on my way understanding it from Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, founder of Isha Yoga

@mobilefan

if u wanna gain wt then have protein shake in milk , it will add to the protien count

besides if u need ulti vitamin , y taking so expensive tablets

i take supradyn , its very cheap and is multi vitamins with trace elements

I found this thread very interesting.

Currently I am trying to gain. I waited 51 kgs. I am 36 with height 5' 4". In one and half month I gained 4 Kgs.

And lastly - Mods, can we have a different threads for weight loss and weight gain ?

@ Mobile Fan - yep its interesting and so are you @51 Kg you had a BMI of 19.3 and once you have gained u have a BMI of 20.8 and recommended Peoples Choice Ideal Weight is 58kg and medical recommended weight is 50 - 66 kg

According to a published report jointly by the health ministry, the Diabetes Foundation of India, the All-India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Indian Council of Medical Research, the National Institute of Nutrition and 20 other health organisations – set new, tighter standards for healthy BMI and waist measurement. This is needed because research has shown that ‘Indians suffer from abdominal obesity compared to people in the west whose bodies are uniformly obese’, which ‘puts them in high risk for diabetes and hypertension’.

The new guidelines state that: BMI of 23 kg/m2 will now be considered overweight for Indians (compared to the earlier level of 25)

So you had a medically normal weight earlier and even now u have good weight instead of gaining weight gain Fitness and kikk his A$$ who tells you that u need gaining.

@Kshah

:clap: good work on your Yoga buddy, i too agree it can do wonders i had stiff ham's i went to see Dr Anant Joshi in Mumbai he diagnosed me as patello femoral Syndrome i recovered a lot from Surya Namaskar(modified version)

you are right any Ex'cise helps if done regularly, some yoga gurus tell dont use weight but i think its wise to include some in your regular routine as it helps u in age when its required the most.

Yoga books WARN because doing it wrongly causes more harm then good, call me some times else give me ur no i shall(PM me)

@ Dr KMM

Buddy this thread would have been empty without you thanks for sharing regime with all of us..

@ Savramesh

I think proper branded DVD's are good source of learning yoga as its easier to find one then a proper guru, i my gym the most lazy teacher is yoga teacher i have never seen him correct anyone's posture - he just does it and stands, strange but yes.....

Just the following 2 videos explains clearly about Yoga.. please watch it..

Just the following 2 videos explains clearly about Yoga.. please watch it..

My friend you have gone too deep its the Spritual part of Yog what i have never experienced and can not comment. i do it for physical ex'cse.

Well frankly, I believe that what is good for your body is different for each and every individual and there can not be One or Two solve it all solution.

What is must is

1. Exercise in some fashion and

2. Controlled Diet.

Only with a combination of both on a regular disciplined fashion weight loss/gain is possible. Exercise can take many shapes and you will have to reach a conclusion which one is best for you. Same goes for diet. I personally follow a regime of Tennis 4-5 times a week and controlled diet and have reduced 6 kg's in the last 6 months. My aim is to reduce another 10kg's by Jan'2010 so that I am around 84 kgs which is the ideal weight for my height (6') and body structure.

• Like 1

:previous:

Thats correct, both exercise and diet should be maintained in the way every individual need it...

The new guidelines state that: BMI of 23 kg/m2 will now be considered overweight for Indians (compared to the earlier level of 25)

So you had a medically normal weight earlier and even now u have good weight instead of gaining weight gain Fitness and kikk his A$$ who tells you that u need gaining.

Well... its my feeling from last 10 years that I need to gain. One of the major reasons is the lack of personality. Many a times I feel that people take me for granted just because I dont "thow my weight". I have seen people giving more importance to dumb people but not to people who are good, knowledgeable and experienced. The physical look seems a norm for receiving good treatment. This is the reason that I want to enhance my physical appearance. This is purely my experience and I can understand that others can have different opinion.

Secondly, now I have developed a feeling that I need to gain to match my wife and to make us look good together.

Once I put on some mass, I'll go for muscular body.

Genious, thanks for your BMI calculation. I think the thread would appreciate if you can give us the formula to count the BMI or can point to some good easy to use online calculators.

@Dkaile

yes you have to find your own way and i feel as you go on ex'cise and balanced diet body gradually moves to a Steady state ie if its over weight it will gradually loose and if its under it will gain, i think this effect is from shoot up in metabolism.

and 80Kg should be fine i feel you can Push that much go for it....

@ Mobile Fan

I understand your need for gaining weight but you target on gaining fitness rather then going for fat, if you wanna gain go on working and diet and it will help you by building muscle mass.

I shall post calculators soon mean while i am posting calorie calculator to help you Cal_Calculator.xls

All you guys go and check Fit Day Site

webscreenshot.png