Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Genius

My Health Tips

Nahi yaar ramzaan me aur badh jata hai mera.. jab se iftaar me KFC aur Mcdonald ke item rehne lage hai.. tab se main ramzaan me aur khata hu.. :P

fasting wont help you i shall definitely make a plan for all of you, we shall start @ 1st sept only i guarantee 3-4 kg loss on 1st month if done sincerely - you yourself will be the judge. Sadikk -8 kg by jan and win pre -- do you have that offer

' post='157171']

fasting wont help you i shall definitely make a plan for all of you, we shall start @ 1st sept only i guarantee 3-4 kg loss on 1st month if done sincerely - you yourself will be the judge.

Great idea genius. :)

I am too overweight by around 10-12 kgs. Certainly looking forward to your plan

But i cant live without KFC, Good non-veg food.. and Macdonalds... ya i can compromise cheese in my burgers if u insist.. :D

^^^

fast food is the main culprit , give up on it and u will see difference

have oats instead ( i know its very difficult ), but it helps a lot

But i cant KFC, non-veg food.. and Macdonalds... ya i can compromise cheese

if u insist........... KFC and MAc have opened a branch in india only for you kind of guys, Sadikk you have very good physique (face book Photo) it needs to be trimmed take a look at photos below >>>>>>>>>>>

post-24516-125102086538_thumb.jpgpost-24516-125102087486_thumb.jpg

Whom do you find attractive >>>>>> what do you think happens when girl looks @ overweight chubby boy and @ Dr KMM (no hard feel just making my point)

You no good at Math

It might sound odd, but I've seen people embark on a fat loss regimen only to get fatter in the process.

The simple fact is that most people grossly overestimate how many calories they're burning during their workout, and they use that as a justification to overeat.

"I just lifted weights for 45 minutes and did 30 minutes of cardio, so I can eat that Big Mac Tikki Cheesless without harm."

post-24516-125102107669_thumb.jpg

Well, I've got news for you: You might've burned 400 calories during your workout, but the Big Mac Tikki provides over 800. If the guy behind the counter convinces you to have fries with that, you're over a thousand, Do that over the long run and don't be surprised if you're piling on fat despite training.

The mentality of "having the right to eat bad foods because I worked out" is downright unhealthy. Even if your workouts were able to prevent fat gain, the negative health effects from eating crappy food still remain.

I shall Give you One day to eat your Stuff in a week any one of your cheat Junk food....... Transform Yourself

Edited by Genius

How to make hair silky, non-sticky and shining?

What to use and what not to use?

TFM and Grade - applicable to Shampoo and Conditioners also ?

Fast food - rather junk food are culprit for many thing. Including teeth and gum problems, heart and joint problems and obesity.

Best way to eat is to use refined food as little as possible. Just dont look at nutritional values when you want to form a good habit. Learn how to eat simple food, then look at nutritional values. Refined foods has very high amount of fats, synthetic flavouring agents and useless chemicals which alter our body balances.

Here is my weight loss experience:

I went from 105 to 91 kg in 6 months without exercise since i don't have the motivation to use treadmills at the gym.

I'm still almost 10 kg overweight but as long as I can keep losing 1-2 kg/month, I'll be on track.

I would have lost a few kg more if I could exercise regularly but I just don't have the discipline.

I lost 3 inches from my waist in the first 3 months but not after that [i.e., the size reduction levels off after about a quarter].

The weight reduction was almost 1 kg/week [or 1% of your weight whichever is lower] initially but slows down to 1 kg [1%] a month eventually.

Disclaimer:

Always consult your family doctor before any drastic changes to your diet in case of any complications.

Your mileage may vary.

I went on a low sugar / low carb diet which had the following guidelines:

1. No added sugar at all [this was the hardest since I have a sweet tooth] but sugar-free type products are OK.
  2. No fruit juices & colas at all but diet drinks are OK.
    So some of you may have the question - if NO sugar is allowed then why is it called 'LOW sugar'?
    The answer is that there are naturally occurring sugars in the food we consume so the ban is on ADDED sugar.
    Only hyper-glycemics [diabetics] need to be on a strict NO sugar diet.
  3. Most fruit are OK except those with high 'glycemic index' [e.g., watermelons not allowed]
  4. Sweet fruits like pineapple, kiwis, apples, bananas are OK in MODERATION - binging on anything is usually bad in general.
  5. No flour products [e.g., maida] but unrefined in MODERATE quantities is OK [e.g., brown rice & brown bread]
  6. No white rice at all [so no plain dosas unless they discover a way to make them from brown rice].
  7. No high carbohydrate food like potatoes, noodles & pasta
  8. Sugar free cookies, ice cream, & chocolates are OK but not the regular/light/low fat versions even.
    [it MUST say 'sugar free' on the label and NOT 'no added sugar' since its NOT the same]
  9. Wheat is OK in moderation since its has lower carbs [plain parathas, wheat pasta, wheat noodles, etc].
    LOWER carbs [relative] does NOT mean LOW carbs [absolute] so you can't really binge on wheat products.
  10. Meat is OK but you need to watch your cholesterol levels as they might shoot up if you overdo fried foods.
  11. Eggs without yellow is fine.
  12. If there is a choice avoid high cholesterol foods also [but high sugar & high carbs must remain a priority]
  13. Drink lots of water [a minimum of 2-3 litres daily] - in the unlikely level that you run marathons regularly [over 5-10 km] during dieting, you need to switch to 'Gatorade like' drinks that have dissolved salts like potassium which can drop dangerously due to 'over hydrating' during a run

My doctor had the following advice to add after reviewing the guidelines above:

• Most 'brown bread' delivered to your homes is usually fake [caramelised white bread] so avoid the cheaper brands and buy from reputable stores/supermarkets instead.
    Real brown bread is harder to chew or slice due to its higher fibre content.
    Clean slices [straight lines] is a sure sign that its NOT real brown bread in India.
    Real brown bread is 2-3 times more expensive than fake [e.g., if fake is usually Rs.10-15, the real one will start at Rs. 30-45 per loaf]
    Remember - the average person can learn to distinguish real from most fake just by taste & texture alone.
    If it tastes like white bread - it probably is!

Cafe Coffee Day is only one example of a reputable domestic chain that routinely sells fake brown bread sandwiches due to cost reasons.
    Just see the edges of the sandwiches to be sure.
  • Every diet / weight loss plan is a marathon and NOT a sprint
  • The key to success is 95% sustaining it over time and only 5-10% rigidly following the rules
  • Dieting is much more psychological than physical
  • If you deprive yourself of something that you love, the cravings will keep building till you break and binge
  • Its better to reward yourself with small amounts of 'forbidden' foods when you reach each milestone
    [e.g., after 1-2 kg reduction] than to deprive yourself indefinitely
  • Extensive studies have shown that no particular diet is the 'best' - it just depends on what suits you personally
  • As long as you reduce calories consumed [dieting] and increase calories burnt [exercise] anyone can lose weight
  • Weight gain is simply too many calories coming IN and not enough going OUT

The secret to weight loss is that there is NO secret!

This LOW carb diet should not be confused with the 'Atkins diet' which is a ZERO carb diet and can cause kidney failure if you don't drink almost a gallon [3.6 - 3.7 L] of water daily.

This is also different from a NO sugar diet that diabetics [hyper glycemics] may have to be on.

In those cases ANY amount of sugar can be toxic so you can't really 'reward yourself' if you have a sweet tooth or sugar craving.

You don't need to have diabetes to avoid sugar!

@ HK Thanks for sharing your EXTENSIVE experience although its very difficult to read due to improper formatting (i dont know if there is problem in rendering in my system)...

Mods if you can just look in this other people can benefit,

Brown bead experience is really some thing new,i shall look out in my local bakery what he has to say.....Thanks and keep sharing

Edited by Genius

Most of the ppl are asking for weight loss program. I am attaching one, named GM diet. This is Indian version. I have seen the results from my own eyes on two of my friends (both around 25 years) and one's mother who was 46-48 years old. All of them had great results, reducing atlest 2-3 kgs or even more in a week. All replied they felt great and energetic, and the results linger even after the diet. However, if you continue to stuff the same garbage in, you will again go back to your previous weight.

Make sure you stick to this diet strictly. You may get bored eating the same baked veggies, but bear with it just for one week! All the best!

GM_DIET.doc

Edited by ani_meher
  • Like 1

Just a follow up to my earlier post:

Glycemic INDEX is different from glycemic LOAD.

The index measures the total amount of soluble sugars contained by a particular food.

But the load measures the rate or how quickly its released into your blood stream.

Some fruits have LOW glycemic index but high load and so can't be consumed by diabetics or those maintaining their blood sugar levels.

The index was the older unit and load is a more accurate newer unit to track foods with.

My wife loves the GM diet but like I mentioned, this is not a 1 week or 1 month sprint - its a long term approach to keeping your weight down for years if not decades.

@ Anil :GirandoOjos: & Amit <_<

GM diet is the most famous diet plan world over, its more a Detox plan then a diet plan, and yes it works 2-3 kg depending on body type, but what i would like to bring to your notice again and again that weight is not the criteria for fitness not its a measure of fitness, just as my good friend Kalpak Shah said "Health - just like safety - its concept..... concepts are not useful unless practiced"

we are in search of fitness and health and not weight problem, as a result of gaining fitness if we loose or gain weight then it healthy.

if you read my guidewhich i have posted few post back, you will find deference between the weight loss and fat loss.

GM diet is good if you are going to attend some function after a week and u r not fitting in ur dress, you can get in it after it, but leave it and you will soon go back to usual weight, :Contento::winko:

I have done GM diet 2 times and i find main impact is on Psychology -- constant you are deprived of food hungry, and you know you are dieting and there is always a mental pressure, :help: as a result you loof forwrd for the last day or leave in between.

Anil Ji ask both of your friends whats there weight after 2 week they will tell you and you will be amazed that whole one week of starvation was a waste. :NO::NO:

Body Produces a hormone Leptin, which regulated energy expenditure and maintenance, and tells your body that its well feed, and that do not go in state of Starvation.

posting some from my Giude

There are 2 way for Fat loss:

Quick and temporary:

This is the easy option around and main thing is you have to work less and sometimes you can pay

someone to work for you too, this type doesn’t last and as soon you are through you will gain again and

in double speed and you will often break previous weight record.

Some examples are:

· Crash diets

· Sauna belt and all those bull horse dog bitch **** stuff you see in TV @ night

· All those VLCC and other parlor things you get news in paper who claim 5-10 kg and show you

before after photo of a model who has gone fit other way.

Tough and permanent:

The tough option is one in which your friend (standing beside you) sweat seeing you do the exercise. This

type of option is a permanent as it results in changing how your body process, stores, replenish and

manages ENERGY in form of fat/muscle/bone/water. This is a permanent because body attains a steady

state in a while and then if you maintain it gets maintained its like – if you do what ever you have doe

you will get what you have always got.

Examples:

· Aerobics, swimming, Gym, out door activity

· Balanced diet

Now for people with heads on KNEE who ask how to differentiate between the two, I say do it for 2 days

if you enjoy it it’s the easy temporary one if it kills you its permanent one. Although I 2-3 week time as

your body adapts and it secrets lot of Endorphins (hormone responsible for addiction) you won’t give

up

Amit now its time to change your avatar as running not Lazing :sleep1:

:arghhhh::chief::death::teacher:

Most of the ppl are asking for weight loss program. I am attaching one, named GM diet. This is Indian version. I have seen the results from my own eyes on two of my friends (both around 25 years) and one's mother who was 46-48 years old. All of them had great results, reducing atlest 2-3 kgs or even more in a week. All replied they felt great and energetic, and the results linger even after the diet. However, if you continue to stuff the same garbage in, you will again go back to your previous weight.

Make sure you stick to this diet strictly. You may get bored eating the same baked veggies, but bear with it just for one week! All the best!

Does any one know, if we can add salt and/or other masalas to the fruits/vegetables when following this diet?

^^^^^^^^ go ahead add it salt and masala have negligible caloric value, salts are high in sodium and should be avoided in excess...

play with your taste..... studio-portrait-teenage_~sb10068212bm-001.jpg

Edited by Genius

dont try this GM diet ....

Coz it's the diet plan made for westen eating culture

not for indian food culture

Ur weight will loose, but at the same there is a considerable reduction on ur IMMUNITY will also happen

Am one of the victim ... :NOTriste::angry:

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

As an Indian we have much much better and very well defined food system. The fact is we have fogotten our own food system and because we are following american concept of foods we are creating more problem than solutions.

All diet plans, from US are really screwed up plans. It may give you short term benefit. Our food system is the best.

Here I would like to bring to notice that before few years (may be more than 10) there was survey by some government department about Indian fast food and its nutritional values as well as if they can be classified as junk food. They concluded that none Indian fast food can be catagorized as junk food - if prepared according to prevailing Indian recepie. Also at that time PANI PURI was more than 55% of total fast food and it was one of the healthiest food. How hyginically made is another story though.

I have mentioned in this thread even before, that food should remain highly regional affair - as far as day to day eating is concern. Food habits are formed over the years based on available food. Food grow as per prevailing climatic conditions, so tempering with it causes problems only.

Indian food is any day better than western foods and recipe.

yummy

yummy

Not only yummy, its "tummy" friendly too

dont try this GM diet ....

Coz it's the diet plan made for westen eating culture

not for indian food culture

Ur weight will loose, but at the same there is a considerable reduction on ur IMMUNITY will also happen

Am one of the victim ... :NOTriste::angry:

Can you share your story of losing immunity? I am curious because though I have never been overweight, I have recommended this diet to many friends, and seen good result on everyone. If I find there is any negative side to this diet, I may stop recommending it.

One thing for sure, GM diet is a very good motivator. People who have been constantly overweight for some period have lost confidence/will to lose weight, as they hardly see the results quickly. This GM diet gives the much needed push in the right direction, and as you are never hungry, it's not that you are starving yourself. That's why I am surprised to hear this side effect. Please share the story.

GM diet is a very good motivator.

yes i totally agree to this, and Immunity is decreased is people are deprived for prolonged period of time from micro nutrients it is not a immediate effect of crash diet, they may feel Weak but that's doe to low energy levels and body is adjusting.

@ FEVIN-RAJ What do wanna say if you eat more you will have a good immunity ???????? no not true!!!!! :NOTriste::NOTriste:

Actually wat is meant by good health? Hope it's non occurrence of disease‎..rt?

me and my 3 cousin planned to do the gm diet. all completed the Diet successfully ...

but within a week three of us including me was infected with viral fever ...

where I was not having fever or even a cold for the last 3 years

almost same for my brothers also

am not a doctor .. but something wat i understand with my experience is that when we change our food culture suddenly, the WBC count in blood will become low. rhe result will be easly affected by the virus and bacteria(Doctors- pls correct if am wrong)

every Body will react to the sudden change of food habit .. Sometimes by denying the essential nutrients or by improper digestion

Am not saying GM diet is not good ..but with the help of a dietitian, we have to rebuild the plan by adding low fat foods that we eat regularly

But better u can try YOGA for long lasting effects

am doing for the last 6 months and got effect from the third month onwards

one thing u should keep in mind is that, start YOG with the help of an instructor only

then u can try some books or CD

^^^ good health is a relative broad term and more a concept, :Decepcionado:

do you mean that if you wouldn't have done GM you would haven't fallen ill, on contrary if ever in past u have fallen ill was it because of diet, i went to the literature there is no short term effect of diet in WBC count, Only Macro nutrients effect in a sudden change in diet.

And yes YOGA is good....

Has any one tried Weight loss guide > posted above > Honest Bhai ghar me ho ki nahi

Genius bhai.....apki di hui Weight Loss Guide se mera 1 Inch Waist Line Reduce ho gaya hai. Its now 43. Thanks brother. :)

Baaki rahi ghar mein rehne ki baat.......Toh lo sun lo......My Old Lady (Tumhari Aunty) ne mujhe ghar mein najarbandd karke rakh diya hai. :ph34r: Ab mein evening mein Brisk Walking ke liye bhi nahi nikal paata. Kehti hai ke jis din Waist line 4 Inch ghataa logey toh jitna chahe baahar ghoomna. :mad44: Dil toh kar raha hai ke Tumhari Aunty ka Sir phodh du. :bash: Magar sochta hu ke agar Sir phodh diya :bash: toh baad mein Dawa-Daaru bhi mujhe he karni padegi aur Abhi jo khaana bana-banaaya milta hai, woh bhi phir mujhe he banaana padega. Abhi toh sirf Ghar ka Jhadu Pocha, Bartan Aur Kapde he dhone padte hain. Ab inn sabke saath Rasoi ka chulha bhi sambhalne ki mujhme himmat nahi hai. Bus Ek Baar 3 Inch Waist Line aur ghataa lu toh phir Tumhari Aunty ki Aisi Ki Taisi karunga. :catfight: Gin-Gin ke badla lunga. :threatenlumber:

Best bathing soap is Park Avenue as its TFM is 74% and its specified as Grade 1; Always note these 2 things on the soap packet while buying... (like e.g. in Savlon Soap TFM is 61% and its Grade 3, so comparatively its poorer for your skin)

Best bathing soap is Park Avenue as its TFM is 74% and its specified as Grade 1; Always note these 2 things on the soap packet while buying... (like e.g. in Savlon Soap TFM is 61% and its Grade 3, so comparatively its poorer for your skin)

Checked out my soap - TFM 75% (Cinthol Lime fresh) - Which is the second thing you said we should see on the packet ?

Great piece of info BTW..

Yaar kya baat hai......yahan toh sab log sirf BATHING SOAP kee he baat kar rahe hain, koi bhi WASHING SOAP ki baat nahi kar raha. Kuch iss Garib ka bhi socho dosto.

How to check the quality of KAPDE DHONE KA SABUN / WASHING POWDER ? Ek toh haath jalte hain aur upar se Tumhari Aunty ne Washing Machine use karne per BAN laga rakha hai. Kehti hai ke DANDEY :threatenlumber: maar ke kapde dho, tabhi tumhara WAJAN ghatega. Mein toh Kapde Ragad Ragad ke thak gaya hu.....magar ye aajkal ke Washing Powder kisi bhi kaam ke nahi hain.

Soch raha hoon......GHAR SE BHAAG JAAUN. :scarerun: