Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Genius

My Health Tips

lol

honest

good to see u back

Edited by mufaddal_km

^^^

Thanks dear Mufaddal brother. Now I will be regular on the forum. :)

• Like 1

Genius bhai.....apki di hui Weight Loss Guide se mera 1 Inch Waist Line Reduce ho gaya hai. Its now 43. Thanks brother. :)

Honest ji :mellow: safal ho gaya mera likhana - khuda ka shukra hai app abhi tak ghar mai hain, Aunty ki meharbani hai app pe ;)

I think Kapda dhona worked better then all the ex'cise and diet that i have written

here is a good article about you to let aunty read teach-man-wash-clothes-laundry-200X200.jpg

This will surely inspire you.

well good going dont stop till you get next 3 inches let me know if u need any more from me.....

by the way i like your way of writing

2 months back i changed to VEGAN.. good going now.. comments welcome..

@Genius

Daaktar Babu......I reduced further half inch. :)

Thanks for the tips (Including Kapda Dhone wala tips :winko:) Daaktar Saab. :)

• Like 1

:previous: Honest Ji thats really wonderful already i see you smiling here is your inspiration for more efforts to put in and get those more inches out of your body:

9680.jpg

@ K shah

i like the article a lot - thanks

Edited by Genius

^^^

Daagdar Babu......I'm unable to see the image posted by you in the above post.

• Like 1

It seems the thread is deviating too much from its original objective. Ppl are not participating for months and it is dying.

In Aug 09, I asked in this thread for some tips to gain weight. Dr Mufaddal has shared his thoughts. I started gyming sometime in Jun 09, in approx. one and half month I gained 4 Kg. However, since then I am stagnant. I am still gyming (except there was a gap of 1.5 months). Can anybody tell me where I am lacking ?

In the morning I take milk with protein powder.

After Approx. 40 mins. I take sprouts - some 100gms.

After 2 hrs. at arround 12, I take lunch

At 4:10 I take two bananas

At 5 I take 5gm. Creatine powder in water

in next 10 mints. Gym

Immediately after gym, protein powder in water.

After 20 mins. 1 banana

after 1:30 hrs. - arround 8:30/9 dinner.

I just checked my measurements. Compare to june 09, I have gained 1 inch everywhere except neck and shoulder. I gained 3 inch on thighs, 2 inchs on hips. The good thing is that I have not gained on waist which is still 32. Infect I want to reduce it.

I am 37, 5' 4". current weight 55.7.

I am bit disappointed with the result. Its almost 10 months and no gain. I have tried Prolab's Enlarge2 (between Jul-Aug 09), Quadra's Body Grow (Jaipur made) and Prolab's Pure Whey. Currently taking Masster Nutronik's Creatine Monohydrate (Pune made). I need to buy a new protein powder. Plz. suggest. I am following most of the things regularly.

I am still not loosing hopes. I want to gain and most importantly on chest and biceps. Where am I missing ? Why am I not gaining ?

My gym instructor has suggested me to go on Prolab's protein capsules. He didnt remember the exact name. Is it advisable to do this ? If yes, what is the exact name ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

^

I am not an expert like genius or mufddal but if you are not gaining wait means 1. You are consuming food as much as you are burning 2. Your metabolism rate is increasing faster than that of your food intake.

Body building is a typical phenomenon. As your muscle mass increases your BMR increases and your requirement of energy too increases. So every body has a threshold level beyond which it becomes difficult unless you boost your system to break threshold. To break threshold you may try following

1. Changing your exercise routine so that aerobic component is reduced and try increasing weight bearing exercises.

2. Instead of going to gym in evening try going in morning. This may help due to hormonal profile of body.

3. Instead of 1 break try 2 or 3 breaks a week.

4. Check level and quality of sleep.

Protein powders or supplements can not change basic constitution of your body. According to me, you are just right weight for your height. too much of suppliments are not good either.

@ K shah what ever you have old is perfect and should be followed, its true.

I suggest you:

@ your are 37 the bulking up of muscles is a very difficult job as the muscle requires Testosterone for bulk and build and after 30 testo drops @ rate of 10% every year, i am not telling you its impossible it depends on individual too.

as kalpak said u seem to seem to consume less calorie then required for bulking, majority of your diet is protein based which is being used for the repair purpose and i think due to lack of carbohydrate the fuel part the muscle is braking proteins, so you have a null effect. add complex carbs to your diet along with fats. (good ones)

if you ask me you have a balanced weight for ur height why you want to be heavy, and dont expect miracles to happen, it takes 2 months for body to get hormones for muscle active and soon you took a break for 6-7 weeks that's a long time for muscle to forget.

Fitness should be ur criteria unless you want to participate in some body show, personally i would not recommend you using protein powder as it really overloads and tremendously increases bio-availability of proteins. this may put kidney under pressure unless consumed at right time and quantiy, switch to egg, grains and natural source.

Avoid Soya and its derivatives, it increases female hormones in long run, as kalpak said take rest for a day in between as ur muscle grow on rest day not the day you work out, on rest day take cardio and lot of streaching and keep hydration.

Buying and using a treadmill:

Although i do not recommend a treadmill - for the curious investor here is a guide from net:

When you plan to buy a treadmill – be clear about what you want to use it for

As a clothes hanger – make sure it has lots of hooks, bars and handles

To get you on a guilt trip to start running – make sure it is the most expensive one in the market with all the features

As a display piece in your living room – should be sleek as hell

But maybe you also want one to run on one of them – so this is what to look for if you are buying one to run on:

There are several brands of machines in the market today – here are some broad guidelines to help you buy an appropriate treadmill for your needs. Avoid manual treadmills (guide says avoid i SAY NEVER buy).

1.Check out your objectives – long term and short term about what you want to do

• o Are you going to run 20-30 minutes at a time to sweat a bit
  • o Are you likely to be running regularly to lose weight, and stay trim
  • o Are you likely to train for a 7-21km run
  • o Are you likely to train for a marathon

2.If you plan to run a lot ie. options b, c or d above, then you likely need one with

• o a heavy duty motor 3hp for a marathon runner, 2.5hp for others
  • o a wider belt – ideally 18-20 inches
  • o a longer belt – ideally 55-60 inches – especially for a taller person or if you are planning to do speed training

3.If you know the speed at which you are currently running, make sure the maximum speed of your treadmill can go to around twice your current running pace, to take care of speed running and training. Most starter treadmills come with max speeds of 12 kmph – which may be a bit slow, preferably look at one which goes to around 16kmph or 10 mph and if you are looking to push a bit more, then definitely look at a machine which can get to 20 kmph.

4.Most treadmills come with inclines from 1-10 or 1-15 degrees - both are fine - you will unlikely need more of an incline than this

5.The minimum meters that should be in the display are – speed, distance, incline, calories, the rest are extras

6.Nice to haves:

• o Avoid getting carried away by things like programmable schedules and pulse monitor - programmable schedules are seldom used, and if you are really serious about monitoring your heart rate, go for a more accurate and separate monitor - with chest straps which link to a watch.
  • o Always good to have a slot for a water bottle so that you can keep sipping water as you run

7.The warranty period – motor warranty should be for 5 years and the rest for at least a year

8.Check out the service centres and if the store you buy from will service it for you

9.Arm yourself with these basics and then do some research:

• o On the internet
  • o Visit your gym and talk to a few of the gym instructors
  • o Visit at least 2 different stores and check specs
  • o Go in your running shoes and run on a few that you shortlist so that you check the length, width of the belts and see that they suit you. You will also realize how silent or noisy it is, and whether the belt is too soft for your foot landing

10.Try the machine definitely in the 1st week post installation at home with all it’s functions to see that all is working well.

treadmill.jpg

Get the most from your treadmill: Wear clean running shoes on your treadmill

1.Place it in a well ventilated area with enough light, and a fan overhead to dry your sweat which otherwise dries naturally when you run outdoors even on a still day.

2.Place it away from the wall and see that it is near a window and if possible, with a mirror nearby to be able to check your stance and form

3.If you want – see that there is a music player in the room and/ or a TV to view at eye height when you are running – the latter is a great way to keep up with happenings in the world around you and multi task to save time, which is ever so precious

4.Get used to the speeds at which you can run and carry on a conversation at, and the speed at which you can sprint 400m or ‘race’ a 5km distance so that you can use these for your speed training workouts

5.Use the inclines to practice hill running

6.Follow a training schedule – at least initially so that you are varying your running every day and using different muscles.

7.Importantly – try and run outdoors at least once in a week else at times we become a slave to the numbers on the display and say ‘I cannot run faster than 8.3kmph’ or I can’t do more than 3km at a stretch.

8.Stretch, strengthen and cross train along with treadmill running, to improve overall fitness.

9.Keep pushing yourself and see your progress visible right in front of you on the display.

10.Keep the treadmill at an incline of 1-2 degrees to replicate running outdoors.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned that i am not advising buying a TM because (out of my experience):

- It gives you false feel that you have done enough

- Its boring after a while

- Unless has a proper springs for cushioning it gives knee pain

- You can not carry it on trips (if u run out u can do it any where)

- You miss the lovely site in shorts waiting out

girl_running.jpg

Source: see my signature - LOL

• Like 3

Any recommendation for protein supplements suitable for vegetarians, and available in India ?

I tried googling for half an hour, but found no answers.

You can use whey based protein powders.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Any recommendation for protein supplements suitable for vegetarians, and available in India ?

HEre is my opinion:

You need supliments only when you are deficient or you have more needs, other wise in normal daily life we have good amount of protein coming from our daily diet even if we are vegetarian, but this protein content many go less if you are a fussy eater and does not have a mixed diet.

Problem with Veg Meal is that no single meal has complete Amino acids (building blocks of Protein) so you have go get from mixed source. i suggest you first define your needs and then choose your protein diet.

as far as possible do not go for commercial preparation, go for natural products, i am not aware of any PURE Veg Powder supplement you can go to super-mart and look for it.

for vegies good source of protein is:

Whey

Cheese

Paneer

Yogurt

Soy Milk

tofu

sprouts

lentils

nuts (not those two - lol)

yogurt+-+Superfood+for+flat+stomach%2521.jpgChocolate+milk+-+Superfood+for+flat+stomach%2521.jpg

kshah, Genius, Thanks for your advice.

I'll also hit the local supermarket this weekend, and see what I can find there.

I take caesin (not regularly). More sustained release. Seems to work for me. Besides that, soya and soya milk.

After doing some research, ordered Optimum Nutrition's Strawberry flavored Whey protein from ebay.

As far as the taste and consitency of the shake are concerned, I mix it with milk and it tastes good.

As far as the results are concerned, time will tell....

I take caesin (not regularly). More sustained release. Seems to work for me. Besides that, soya and soya milk.

186cms, 75kgs : how do I fare in the index - is this ideal or should I shed/gain weight?

Am used to taking catnaps half an hour after eating (breakfast & lunch, usually heavy) will this have any bearing on my health.

^^ Karthik IMO you have a good BMI

you have good index although all indexes are never 100% correct

Nap never does any wrong but after breakfast man!!

you can continue naps nothing wrong in that

keep ur index in that way and remember to exercise there is no substitute for that

• Like 1

:previous:

Help needed

In last 6 months, I have put on about 2.5 kgs of weight for no apperant reason. Only reason seems to be increasing age.

My weist has increased from 32-33" to 35-36"

My exercise regime, food habits, stress levels (I am seldom stressed - IMO) is constant or I am not able to notice any changes.

What should I do?? Please suggest some regime.

My exercise regime, food habits, stress levels (I am seldom stressed - IMO) is constant or I am not able to notice any changes.

Sir 2-3 kg Gain is not much but a noticeable waist gain is, we shall order and cut it down - considering you have no medical problem for gain we shall list down:

• Water Retention: this is most common in rains as we stop sweating - but it wont show only in waist
  • Thyroid: i very recent study 2.5 to 20 pounds gain can be attributed to Thyroid mall function - this can be - get it checked T3+ T4+ TSH levels
  • Stress Levels : High cortisol levels are responsible but they wont show in few months not that quick
  • Exercise: definitely its helping you to maintain Put some extra effort on cardio part - go for jog change your pattern and it will break plateau.
  • Food Habits: IMHO this is the most strong Culprit - with growing age we still eat same as we used to eat when young (bodily) our diet should go down in increasing age and add some supplements too.

So get back to me with Thyroid levels and chart week of what/when/how much you eat and we shall work out - till then enjoy your Tummy

i might have some testing coupons for discount - i shall chk and get back

1459971_f248.jpg

Edited by Genius

I Agree food is one of the most silent culprit. So trying to observe my food habits more minutely.

Very interesting part:

you know I had TB in 2007 march. I started exercising Oct 2007. Due to TB medication, I have lumbar and cervical spondilitis sort of problems along with reduced lung efficiency and sever muscular weakness. These are all side effects of TB and its drugs - not permanent though

So I started with Pranayam first - once lung capacity appeared to increased, then started with walking started with 1.6 kms (About 5 KMPH) reached to 4 - 4.5 kms (6-6,5 KMPH) then added Yog to it and for about almost 3 years I tried to regain my muscular flexibility strength and endurance to reasonable level so that spondilities is taken care of. In 3 years I could say that my both spondilities have disapperared - ALMOST

In last few months I have added one coconut water to my daily diet to compensate loss of calcium due to age.

I am yet to start weight bearing exercises.

So based on my experience and advise of experts like you - I started doing SIT UPS before about 3 months and waist and weight started increasing. I know it should not happen, it may be purely coincidental.

I will check for thyroid and will revert.

I first suspected sugar levels too as my family has hereditary

My sugar levels are

FBS : 78 - 82 (5 samples)

PPBS : 110 - 115 (5 samples)

Using ONE TOUCH HORIZON apparatus

Hi friends i came across this forwarded mail and thought i should share it with all of you.

Make a checklist, check whether this medicine is in your home or whether it has been recommended by your doctor... please DO NOT use it...

Please Read Very Carefully - INFORM ALL YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY MEMBERS

Asia has become a dumping ground for banned drugs; also the business for production of banned drugs is booming. Plz make sure that u buy drugs ! only if prescribed by a doctor(Also, ask which company manufactures it, this would help to ensure that u get what is prescribed at the Drug Store) and that also from a reputed drug store. Not many people know about these banned drugs and consume them causing a lot of damage to themselves. We forward Jokes and other junk all the time. This is far more important.

Please make sure u forward it everyone u know.

DANGEROUS DRUGS HAVE BEEN GLOBALLY DISCARDED BUT ARE AVAILABLE IN INDIA and can be exported to any other country .... The most common ones are action 500 & Nimulid!!!!!!

PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE :

cold and cough. Reason for ban : stroke.

Brand name : Vicks Action-500

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______

ANALGIN:

This is a pain-killer. Reason for ban: Bone marrow depression.

Brand name: ! Novalgin

____________ _________ __ _______ _________ _________ _________ __

CISAPRIDE:

Acidity, constipation. Reason for ban : irregular heartbeat

Brand name : Ciza, Syspride

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___

DROPERIDOL:

Anti-depressant. Reason for ban : Irregular heartbeat.

Brand name : Droperol

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

FURAZOLIDONE:

Antidiarrhoeal. Reason for ban : Cancer.

Brand name : Furoxone, Lomofe n

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ____

NIMESULIDE:

Painkiller, fever. Reason for ban : Liver failure..

Brand name : Nise, Nimulid

NITROFURAZONE:

Antibacterial cream. Reason for ban : Cancer.

Brand name : Furacin

PHENOLPHTHALEIN:

Laxative... Reason for ban : Cancer.

Brand name : Agarol

________! ____________ _________ _ ____________ _________ _________ _________ ___

OXYPHENBUTAZONE:

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Reason for ban : Bone marrow depression.

Brand name : Sioril

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

PIPERAZI! NE:

Anti-worms. Reason for ban : Nerve damage.

Brand name : Piperazine

QUINIODOCHLOR:

Anti-diarrhoeal. Reason for ban : Damage to sight.

Brand name: Enteroquinol

PLZ SPREAD THE INFO....

YOU MAY JUST SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE.

• Like 3

^^^

Thanks for sharing .