Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amit.shippie

Sadik's Bb8830 With Tata Indicom

hi all,

any solution to use sadik's bb8830 with tata indicom.....

Today i talked to cc.They told me this is not possible presently...help

what solution are u talking abt ??

people are using their sprint 8830 with tata indicom

No sirrrrr .... Sadikk himself states it won't work with TATA ... :winko:

what solution are u talking abt ??

people are using their sprint 8830 with tata indicom

but i talked to sadikk also....he also told me tht his phones cant b used wid tata indicom...

it ll work wid reliance and any gsm....

if its possible then plz tell me...i want to buy bb8830 fm sadik

our forum member asheet is using sprint 8830 with tata indicom

May be then ... I do not remember what exactly he told ... I think internet services on TATA won't run or something ... let the man himself clear this out ... ;)

May be then ... I do not remember what exactly he told ... I think internet services on TATA won't run or something ... let the man himself clear this out ... ;)

no i asked him n also daga sir...both told it wont work...

Then I *do* remember it right that he told me it will not work on TATA Tele ...

Then I *do* remember it right that he told me it will not work on TATA Tele ...

sadik sir is currently active in forum...let's see whats his comment

our forum member asheet is using sprint 8830 with tata indicom

I dont think so that Asheet is using Tata on Sprint BB8830.

as posted by him on the forum.....

http://www.rimweb.in...ndpost&p=154404

I am surprised to know that CDMA RUIM will work in 8830 GSM slot

Do Tata have thsi RUIM?

I have Tata Intl RUIM which has my CDMA ESN & works in GSM phone when I am overseas.

But I tried it in 8830 & no luck

Can u guid eme how to get Tata RUIM for 8830?

Also is there a way to program Tata Intl RUIM for my 8830 so it works with GSM & CDAM in India?

Experts on the forum told me that Tata's Interbnational Roaming Enabled Ruim (which is called as 'pne world one number' by Tata, available for Rs250) will work on Sprint BB8830. But after reading Asheet''s post my hopes went for a toss.

yes asheet is using it with tata , i have spoken and confirm with him long time back

not only asheet i know few others as well who are using it with tata .

remember one thing , nothing is impossible

yes asheet is using it with tata , i have spoken and confirm with him long time back

not only asheet i know few others as well who are using it with tata .

remember one thing , nothing is impossible

thank u sir for ur replies...

i hv just talked to cc n this time i got bit positive results..

cc told me tht i hv to take my bb to thier office n then only they can tell me whether it can be activated or not..infact he was positive n told me tht

if all the things r compatible then it can b activated for voice and sms service....

better ask asheet and confirm ,

so let him clear this thing for you

Experts on the forum told me that Tata's Interbnational Roaming Enabled Ruim (which is called as 'pne world one number' by Tata, available for Rs250) will work on Sprint BB8830. But after reading Asheet''s post my hopes went for a toss.

tata's international roaming enabled RUIM works only when u r in international roaming....

it becomes inactive in india....

Edited by amit.shippie

today i talked to higher officials in cc dept.

they r agree to upgrade the phone if all the requirements r compatible wid tata...

@asheet

where r u?...i need ur reply

@muffaddal sir

sir help me...give me sm other members name who r using bb wid tata

^

I think I have realised why Sadikk is not recommending this with tata. Because voice/sms will work in BB8830 with Tata because Tata activates outside E$N's and their is no problem entering MIN. But the issue starts while you are roaming...

Now the only problem that I foresee will be entering Home NID and SID's; I think that can be the only MAJOR ISSUE as in Reliance we have only a single NID and SID for whole India whereas Tata has multiple SID's and NID's and BB8830 has the setting to enter only a single SID and NID so each time you will be in roaming you will have to change SID and NID in BB8830 on Tata... cause in Windows Mobile devices like Mogul, Pro or Diamond we can enter multiple SID's and NID's, so that issue is sorted out while using WM devices on Tata...

Am I right Sadikk...? Is that why you are not recommending it for Tata?

^^^

the reason y we are skeptical abt bb is coz it cannot do ota on tata

*228 fails on tata on blackberries

people whom i know are using it by doing manual nam programming , hearing which even i was shocked

@amit

on this forum i only know asheet who is using it on tata

i have spoken with him several times and he has told me he is running it on tata

better pm him or mail him

Edited by mufaddal_km

^

I think I have realised why Sadikk is not recommending this with tata. Because voice/sms will work in BB8830 with Tata because Tata activates outside E$N's and their is no problem entering MIN. But the issue starts while you are roaming...

Now the only problem that I foresee will be entering Home NID and SID's; I think that can be the only MAJOR ISSUE as in Reliance we have only a single NID and SID for whole India whereas Tata has multiple SID's and NID's and BB8830 has the setting to enter only a single SID and NID so each time you will be in roaming you will have to change SID and NID in BB8830 on Tata... cause in Windows Mobile devices like Mogul, Pro or Diamond we can enter multiple SID's and NID's, so that issue is sorted out while using WM devices on Tata...

Am I right Sadikk...? Is that why you are not recommending it for Tata?

u mean it can b used in home circle...there is no problem without roaming????

its ok for me...i want to use it for t2t unlimited call only.....n tht also not works in roaming

today i talked to higher officials in cc dept.

they r agree to upgrade the phone if all the requirements r compatible wid tata...

@asheet

where r u?...i need ur reply

@muffaddal sir

sir help me...give me sm other members name who r using bb wid tata

well i m not very optimistic about Tata officials upgrading an outside BB handset.

But i have very positive feelings that our experts on rimweb will soon crack this out wink.gif

@ dkaile

Sir if tata has different NID & SID for different regions then i was just gueesing what NID & SID would be entered in the authorized tata BB8830. ??

(a friend of mine has authorized tata bb8830 , if u want me to check any settings in that handset, i can do it, but u have to guide me.)

well i m not very optimistic about Tata officials upgrading an outside BB handset.

But i have very positive feelings that our experts on rimweb will soon crack this out

do u hv any past experience wid tata....

Edited by amit.shippie

its no issue of home sid or nid

its not recommended by people simply coz *228 doesnt work , if it doesnt work how will u nam program the phone

its some issue with their network for bbs or it is something related to Akey as many people in usa also face the same problem of *228 not working coz of Akey

still waiting for asheet to reply to this thread

Edited by mufaddal_km

its no issue of home sid or nid

its not recommended by people simply coz *228 doesnt work , if it doesnt work how will u nam program the phone

its some issue with their network for bbs or it is something related to Akey as many people in usa also face the same problem of *228 not working coz of Akey

still waiting for asheet to reply to this thread

hv talk with asheet....he is using bb wid tata n also agree to unlock it for me

thanks mufaddal sir n thanks to asheet

Edited by amit.shippie
  • Like 1

^

activating without *228 should not be a major problem, as you can easily program ur min, tata prl etc. on a BB....

^^^

i guess u shudnt post ur pm openly on forum

also even i know how to manually program nam parameters on a bb 8830 :)

@dkalie

tata uses a lot of other nam parametrs like SSD and stuff which reliance doesnt use , as a result *228 is very imp in tata for ota nam

thats y in all tata activation we prefer *228 over manual programming , thats y we never e** repair for tata

surprisingly for asheet manual programming worked , for which even i was surprised .

also one has to be careful while nam programming ,unlike other handsets , on bb a mistake cud damage ur spc