Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mufaddal

Sprint Htc Touch Pro Mini Review

Ok so i finally got my hands onto one more htc touch pro ( Courtesy of ashok and pkdaga) and this time i decided to write a mini review with lot of comparative shots, as a lot of people are wanting to buy it and they would like to know abt it

2009-08-09%2012.34.54.jpg

LOOKS AND BUILT

The touch pro looks a lot like htc diamond from the front panel

2009-07-23%2014.50.40.jpg

2009-08-09%2012.35.57.jpg

2009-08-09%2012.32.00.jpg

the phone looks simple with a 5 way dpad which also funcstion sas a touch sensitive navi wheel

and four keys ( home , back , call and end)

the layout is pretty much the same as diamond

the phone has a chrome metallic lining on sides and the back cover has steel grey matt finish

What is a bit more disturbing is the girth of the handset

the length and breadth are less than that of mogul , but the handset is quite "FAT"

Comparatively diamond is more sleeker as compared to pro

2009-08-09%2012.34.22.jpg

2009-08-09%2012.34.32.jpg

also the back cover is steel grey as compared to burgendy red of diamond

from my point burgendy red looks more elegant

2009-08-09%2012.32.13.jpg

2009-08-09%2016.10.46.jpg

2009-08-09%2012.32.42.jpg

GOODIES

we all are aware of specs of touch pro , but just to add

it runs windows mobile 6.1 which can be easily upgraded to windows 6.1

there is also a feature of tv out , though it needs u to have tv out cable for it

2009-08-09%2012.36.57.jpg

the camera is 3.2mp auto focus with flash as compared to htc diamond

2009-08-09%2012.42.08.jpg

• Like 2

Wow....

^

this seems like chrome edition; the handset I got my hands onto had a single chrome ring while this has dual (on slider also).... bhaiyya ji, khali fotu dikhate rahoge ya kuch jugaad bhi karaaoge... lol...

continued .....

2009-08-09%2012.41.27.jpg

as i have been mentioning diamond has 256 mb rom whereas touch pro has 512mb rom

both of them have same ram

now to clear all doubts see this screen

as u can see it has 260 mb free phone memory and around 140 mb fre ram

2009-08-09%2012.38.44.jpg

AGPS

2009-08-09%2012.40.12.jpg

ONE GOOD option in both diamond as well as pro is that it comes pre loaded with agps aka quick gps

every time u active sync or u need ew satellite data it automatically downloads it and gives u agps

agps makes locking time down to few secs

DATA CONNECTIVITY

i have been asked this thing a lot of times so i have decided to clear all doubts with pics

relmobileworld and rconnect works perfectly

2009-08-09%2012.40.56.jpg

morevover rworld works with and without proxy

2009-08-10%2011.25.43.jpg

2009-08-10%2011.27.07.jpg

all pics taken by G1 , Also some pics might not be clear as touch pro has plastic on the screen

• Like 1

anyways to dkalie , ashok ( coolboyashok), and others

see the above pics , rworld works , so i guess it lays concerns of u guys to rest !!

once again thanks to ashok tolani and ( coolboyashok) for letting me keep the handset for a while to write abt it

ashok ur work is done , now enjoy ur handset !!

Edited by mufaddal_km

^

I never had any issues with data; I knew once phone is unlocked, data would work in a minute... cus its the same old WM device after all... and I am so used to WM now, that I dont want to change to any other OS except perhaps iPhone...

we are lucky that data is working

if it had been a palm handset with windows mobile ( which is also made by htc ) data activate karna bahut mushkil hota

Edited by mufaddal_km

guys, please try to post images as thumbnails. Pages with too many inline images take longer to load and cause inconvenience to low bandwidth users.

How does this fare with Sony Ericsson Xperia X1? Available for around 26k ... Since I am not one of those lucky ones to enjoy the 25% offer from Sadikk, I thought to have a look elsewhere too ... :Decepcionado:

touch pro is better than xperia

the keyboard of touch pro is better and also it has accelerometer which lacks in xperia

This is Chrome Edition Touch Pro.

Good sweet review....

continued .....

the touch flo 3d on phone is not that snappy and i can attribute that to sprint

touch pro also lags and freezes at times and if u load custom rom u shud get over it

BATTERY

touch pro has 1340 mah battery which shud give 2 days of usage on a custom rom

KEYBOARD

the sliding mechanism on touch pro is very smooth , its far better than that on moguk

the keypad is quite comfortable , as good as mogul , though i didnnt like the feel of the keys

u can enjoy full voice guided navigation using maps myindia

When the good doctor doesn't like some critical parts of the device, which, by themselves, are some of the proclaimed selling points ..... this means I will definitely have to find a way to actually feel both devices before putting down my money ... problem is people do not keep live demo pieces here in Kolkata ... Sometimes I feel I was better off in Delhi :winko:

Accelerometer is more like a novelty than a real necessity or a must-have ... till date I do not think some critical feature has been related to an accelerometer .. it is used mostly by games or just for auto-landscape-mode alone, right? The bigger screen appears like a plus ... touch pro or xperia ... am too confused. Xperia comes for 26.5k here ...

Touch pro keyboard keys look smaller than Mogul's? Within 6 months of use, I was experiencing keyboard key errors in my Mogul ... box packed .. and before this I had PPC 6700, that also had keyboard issues .... I am really led to believe that HTC branded devices are more or less erratic. The internet is flooded with keyboard issues from both Touch Pro as well as Xperia ... and both are HTC ... cool na? :grin:

Friends ... I have 4 devices in mind ... Blackberry Bold, N97, SE Xperia X1 and HTC Touch Pro. The first 3 have something which I really need this time ... a 3.5mm jack. I do not really wish to go for adapter stuffs. Then, BB has no touchscreen, but keys are good - dummy demo tested. Couldn't test OS. N97 dummy demo tested, I really like it, but do not really like the Symbian software in there ... I do not know how long it will live as a viable platform.. and what are the copy paste and cut options in N97.

From this, it appears Xperia should really fit me, but I will need to go and check the keyboard once. No experience with TP, but from 2 previous HTC devices, it is really a frail device .. at least for me .. and I keep my devices really tenderly.

Any help and opinions, friends ... ? Your opinions will really help ... :SI:

Thanks for the review Muffadal. I'll probably be having my Touch Pro with me by Wednesday (keeping fingers crossed), so in preparation for it I would like to know which is a recommended ROM to use on the phone in terms of smooth performance, good battery life, etc.

I do hope this thread or another one is created in this section dedicated to just the Touch Pro so that we wont have jumbled posting of the Diamond and Touch Pro in the same thread.

^^^

good to know u getting ur handset finally

load mighty rom 4 final release , its best one out there

Do Touch Pro has FM..i wont use FM that much..but just i asked...any idea ?

@

shubahnyu

yes buddy u r write many of htc phones have known to give qwerty issues at some point whether its gsm or cdma

both touch pro and xperia have similar features , u can have a look and feel and then decide what u want to buy , though i didnt like keypad of xperia , the keys were hard

bb bold is a good device , but javelin is better though it lacks 3g but it is smaller in dimensions that bold

i have taken trial on working n97 in nokia gallery for 15 20 mins , the phone is good but the qwerty is bit non traditional with 3 rows of keys

my advise is have a look and feel , if possible on working models , and then make ur choice

Do Touch Pro has FM..i wont use FM that much..but just i asked...any idea ?

from what i read on ppc geeks there is still no fm soln , though i personally havent tested it

maybe try loading any custom rom with fm and see if it works

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with configuring R-world and internet on my HTC Touch Pro? I have just brought the phone from Sadikk, but the same has not been configured...

I am not technically sound, so would appreciate step-by-step guide! Thanks!

^^^

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15023&st=75

read post no 86

the quoted part

i helped u to set ur mip in epst

now all u have to do is just put blank htc guardian file and install relmobileworld cab

• Like 1

^^^

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15023&st=75

read post no 86

the quoted part

now all u have to do is just put blank htc guardian file and install relmobileworld cab

Sorry but I am unable to find the post where you have specified about the r connect and r world. Can u please guide me, since I am not able to connect my touch pro, I ran the CABs from hetal, but sprint automatically becomes the default connections, any clue?

You are lucky enough to atleast reach that stage. I have no idea what has to be done... Hoping for Sadikk/Mufaddal to help out

^

Dear, it is clearly written in the post, the link to which doc muf has given to replace the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe with a blank txt file renamed as same. Only then will it not return to Sprint connection. Also you will have to use either EPST (##778# from phone dialler) or QPST to change MIP to SimpleIP... do these 2 things then load the cabs and then everything will be fine...

^^^

http://www.rimweb.in...pic=15023&st=75

read post no 86

the quoted part

Sorry but I am unable to find the post where you have specified about the r connect and r world. Can u please guide me, since I am not able to connect my touch pro, I ran the CABs from hetal, but sprint automatically becomes the default connections, any clue?

r u a tata or reliance user ??

sprint will be default connection if u havent removed iota and htc guardian file

i dont know y people are having problems , i can do it in just a matter of mins , just read and follow the guides , it isnt rocket science , anyone can do it