Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

^^^^ Its all application specific I guess. Mine hardly lasts a day, but then I have data connection on 24/7, so that's probably the reason.

^

yes, thats what I said; its very user specific... but with 24 hours with data on and downloading mail... I think one day's battery life is decent... no phone will give u more life than that with 24 hour data on... not magic, not blackberry, not treo... 1-2 hour here and there and thats it...

Dear All,

I have HTC Touch flo 3d from AT&T

Locked it yesterday and forgot the lock code.

Can anyone help???

Hard reset solved the prob............

In case ny1 has the same prob., hard reset can help........

Dear All,

I have HTC Touch flo 3d from AT&T

Locked it yesterday and forgot the lock code.

Can anyone help???

Hard reset solved the prob............

In case ny1 has the same prob., hard reset can help........

Thx Dheeraj bhai

especially in low network area and high voice usage.

Low network area, even diamond drains very fast.

^^^^ Its all application specific I guess. Mine hardly lasts a day, but then I have data connection on 24/7, so that's probably the reason.

:Contento: data on 24 hrs !!!.. hope u use the poor diamond as a phone too..lol..

Proper Recycling of new phone battery is very important for Li-Ion batteries and has improved my battery life. I am consistently getting full 2 days battery life now (though in my Mogul I could squeeze out 2.5 days) with my usage...

To recycle - Fully charge your battery and then DONT recharge it till it drains fully i.e. till either the low battery message speaks out or even better let it drain further till the phone shuts off itself (first the phone will go into automatic airplane mode and radio will switch off and then eventually fully shut off) - REPEAT this process minimum 3 times..... you should start getting better results from the next charge onwards and enjoy your battery for 1.5-2 years... now you can keep on charging battery at any time (even if its 50%)....

Edited by dkaile

@sunny1974: You need to have data connection on 24/7 if you want push mail to be working perfectly, like in my case. So its not just a "phone" for me like most others... :winko:

@ Dhiraj bhai: I've noticed the extended battery too , but it makes the phone way too bulky, so instead I ordered for an additional regular size battery and a desktop charger that charges a second battery while using the phone in the cradle http://cgi.ebay.com/BATTERY-CHARGER-AC-USB-CRADLE-FOR-SPRINT-HTC-TOUCH-PRO_W0QQitemZ300290522124QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item45eab5bc0c&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Edited by Anupe

^

u bought it mehenga man... and be on gtalk more so i can send u info more...

rather get a portable charger which can charge all possible phones and has 500 charge cycles if I'm not making a mistake. That's better and more handy.

I ordered for myself a battery and a desktop phone+spare battery charger for 25$

Check out this emergency charger guys.. useful thing to have if you're nowhere near a charging point

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-EMERGENCY-AA-BATTERY-CHARGER-FOR-HTC-TOUCH-PRO_W0QQitemZ390085965688QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item5ad2ef7778&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by Anupe

^

wow, I think this is a must have..... and 300 bucks only...

hi, i have used an extended battery for ppc 6700 2 times(for around 2 years). it was not good. even though was 2600mah. it lasted almost like a normal original battery. the acb power meter showed normal discharge. i did all the mentioned things about discharging initially. but i think the polymer batterys arnt good. the 1st few cycles were good and then they went down very fast. so avoid those. i have tried emergency charger(not this one though) also but these things will not usually charge ur battery but just keep the phone on. as they just transfer charge till the voltage of the phone and cell in charger balances.these pda chargers are also availabe in india. from apc and u can put rechargeble cells in those and use them in emergency.they have a chip in them which only allows oneway current transfer but i doubt if its very effective.

^

only go for original or OEM extended battery... the battery mentioned above for Pro is HTC OEM...

Updated-

Activated my 2nd Pro today

Did not Face any errors of 0.25 and 0.37 Hard Spl :winko:

What all I did extra was - (either of these may have solved my problem....)

1. Disabled Advanced Network Functionality in USB to PC

2. Made an actual activesync connection (not as Guest)

3. Made new directories for 0.25 and 0.37 HSPL exe files and ran them from there (as they create certain files like RUU which may interfere with ones already in your current folder)

4. I also disabled my Palm HotSync Manager

5. I also used original USB Cable that came with the phone

6. I formatted the memory card to FAT32 before loading the e$n based radio to be flashed from phone

Awaiting 3rd Pro on Monday....:Riendo:

Edited by dkaile

Must have been a chinese/ HK battery non OEM

no phone will give u more life than that with 24 hour data on... not magic, not blackberry, not treo... 1-2 hour here and there and thats it...

blackberry is only phone which can give u more than 1 day on battery life with data on thru BIS , i dont know what optimisaions they have running but off all phones i have used a bb lasts for more than a day with data on whereas all other phones go dead

Ok, so I have upgraded to the NEW SPRINT ROM for Touch Pro; download here - http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-pro-sprint/downloads/

Everything (all settings) remained intact except I have to reload PRL. Of Course, as I was programming a new phone, I had to delete HTC_CM_Guardian and the Sprint Dialler and reload Reliance Cabs.

Now remember in this rom by default, Sprint is preventing you from tethering; which was solved by the above 0 byte solution of HTC_CM_Guardian we use; So you may see on screen, the phone trying to contact Sprint for settings; let it run fully once then it will disappear... and internet connects perfectly...

Windows is 5.2.2.21054 (build 21054.1.6.7) vs 5.2.1.19965 (Build 19965.1.2.3)

The Rom version is now 2.01.651.6 and Radio is 1.12.34F

Many Improvements in TouchFlo interface were found and many errors removed, like for example Calender did not display in month mode through TF3D in the earlier rom.... many small quircks also removed...

Battery Life seems to have improved

More info soon....

Edited by dkaile

Incoming Caller Name and Messages etc. are being ANNOUNCED perfectly on this new rom without any registry hacks and volume also is acceptably high...

no phone will give u more life than that with 24 hour data on... not magic, not blackberry, not treo... 1-2 hour here and there and thats it...

blackberry is only phone which can give u more than 1 day on battery life with data on thru BIS , i dont know what optimisaions they have running but off all phones i have used a bb lasts for more than a day with data on whereas all other phones go dead

i've set my device to check mails every 2 hrs and auto close the connection in 30 seconds.

this way battery lasts for a day and also i dont get a huge bill.

^

how have u set it to autoclose or does windows do that by default...?

i've set my device to check mails every 2 hrs and auto close the connection in 30 seconds.

this way battery lasts for a day and also i dont get a huge bill.

How to set "Auto close connection" ????