Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

can anyone tell me how to increase processing speed of htc tp2 after uninstallation of kespersky mobile security 9

YOU CAN SEE UR DESKTOP AND USE UR SOFTWARE INSTALLED IN UR LAP OR DESKTOP THRU UR HTC TOUCH PRO USING REAL VNC SERVER AND VIEWER

1)INSTALL REAL VNC SERVER ENTERPRISE EDITION FROM WESBITE

http://www.realvnc.com/products/enterprise/

2) INSTALL CAB ON UR DEVICE (PPC) ATTACHED WITH THIS POST

IF U R CONNECTED THRU BROADBAND....

USE WEBSITE www.whatismyip.com to know the ip of ur pc

then enter it on ur mobile phone with port no.

ther u go.

to enable port in some broadband routers u have to do portforwarding. Make use of www.portforward.com (dont be foolished with their ad while doing this just skip it)

vnc-E4_2_7b5-arm_pocketpc_viewer.CAB

@ Nis hith you can increase processor speed of your Htc Touch Pro by installing MSM7Kcpuspeed_v2.cab or Neudynamic clock.cab or the latest WinMoSpeed.cab. WinMoSpeed may not work with some custom roms, in that case the author will modify the application suitable for your rom version. Google is your partner for all solutions. Please note that overclocking to a higher frequency can damage your cell. I think TP1 would not go beyond 621 MHZ. Best of luck.

How many people around here are still using touch pro?

When I got the phone about 1.5 years back I experimented with a couple of custom roms with all of them either crashing within a month of use or sooner. So I settled for the Sprint Stock WM 6.1 rom. Was using that for more than a year without any issue at all.

Anyways, felt experimental recently and tried out a Stock upgraded 6.5 ROM.

How many of you have felt WM 6.5 to be a bit slower compared to WM 6.1? Somehow none of the custom roms are able to match to the speed and responsiveness of the Stock WM 6.1 rom!

How many people around here are still using touch pro?

When I got the phone about 1.5 years back I experimented with a couple of custom roms with all of them either crashing within a month of use or sooner. So I settled for the Sprint Stock WM 6.1 rom. Was using that for more than a year without any issue at all.

Anyways, felt experimental recently and tried out a Stock upgraded 6.5 ROM.

How many of you have felt WM 6.5 to be a bit slower compared to WM 6.1? Somehow none of the custom roms are able to match to the speed and responsiveness of the Stock WM 6.1 rom!

I am also using the TP for past 1.5 years. Stock rom is the best in terms of Stability and Flow. I installed some custom rom like NFSFAN,ENERGY. IN WHICH I FELT BETTER IS ENERGY, STABLE BUT BIT SLOW AND SOMETIME SLUGGISH. Stock is the best in my view. I dont know much this comparing between 6.5 and 6.1 technically 6.5 must be faster than 6.1. I think the UI and Graphix makes it slow.

i used TP for abt a year. i have used it with Energy ROM for couple of months.. i found stock ROM to be the best. energy rom has excellent features but at the same time, lagged some basics.. like, it disabled plus code dialing on my TP.

i prefer stock rom...

I am also using the TP for past 1.5 years. Stock rom is the best in terms of Stability and Flow. I installed some custom rom like NFSFAN,ENERGY. IN WHICH I FELT BETTER IS ENERGY, STABLE BUT BIT SLOW AND SOMETIME SLUGGISH. Stock is the best in my view. I dont know much this comparing between 6.5 and 6.1 technically 6.5 must be faster than 6.1. I think the UI and Graphix makes it slow.

i used TP for abt a year. i have used it with Energy ROM for couple of months.. i found stock ROM to be the best. energy rom has excellent features but at the same time, lagged some basics.. like, it disabled plus code dialing on my TP.

i prefer stock rom...

For people still using stock ROM, the Stock 6.5 ROM is a good upgrade. I'm now using it for about a week and stability and speed seems decent. Only issue so far is that 6.5 has some weird issue with Threaded SMS.

If anyone needs links to the ROM let me know, its available in PPC geeks.

Using HTC Touch Pro since 1 year. (Tata) - Mighty ROM

Was working well till yesterday. Connected my netbook to internet via Touch pro. The phone automatically restarted after 5 mins of surfing. Since then following problems have started :-

1) Shows full range but no incoming/outgoing calls/no internet

2) Battery which was perfect till morning suddenly drains in 10 mins

3) Calls/internet doesn't work even on full battery recharge

4) Did SPB restore for system settings....still doesn't work!

Using HTC Touch Pro since 1 year. (Tata) - Mighty ROM

Was working well till yesterday. Connected my netbook to internet via Touch pro. The phone automatically restarted after 5 mins of surfing. Since then following problems have started :-

1) Shows full range but no incoming/outgoing calls/no internet

2) Battery which was perfect till morning suddenly drains in 10 mins

3) Calls/internet doesn't work even on full battery recharge

4) Did SPB restore for system settings....still doesn't work!

take back up and try hard reset or try using "wipe your device" in windows settings. in both case, you need to back up your device. or restore original ROM and then try.

If I do hard reset, would it display Mighty ROM or original factory configuration?

With what should I take the backup? I have SPB backup and SKtools installed.

How do I come back to my current configuration after hard reset?

Has this anything to do with the battery? Battery don't last for even 5 mins! But then, battery should not affect incoming/outgoing calls, right?

i think you should be on factory settings. generally all custom ROMs have app to backup/restore settings.

is this problem is after any upgrade? ie upgraded ROM or some other app. just think and decide.

use PIM backup.. i have used and found it to be good. advice you to please copy the backup file on PC also.

Dear Friends

FOr the last four days my HTC Touch PRO Display got some problem. WHen the screen goes off it not coming back even after i pressed the power button. Only blank screen and some small backlit can be seen. IF i press the power button again backlit goes off. ANy problem with any connectors? I contacted a local repair shop they said main cable connecting the board need to be replaced. So dear techies could u please tell the name of the cable is it the flexcable?

i found this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Flex-Cable-Ribbon-HTC-Touch-Pro-XV6850-Sprint-/190480447394?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c5984f7a2#ht_1793wt_905

please give me a suggsetion

Yes thats is the thing u need to replace

Common problem with Slider Phones.

Though Samsung has lesser problems in sliding than any other brands

• Like 1

Yes thats is the thing u need to replace

Common problem with Slider Phones.

Though Samsung has lesser problems in sliding than any other brands

@ parin Thanks for your valuable suggestion and time

Dear Friends..

As my touch pro is in garage now for repairing and the flex cable for the display will take atleast 10 days to reach. I need to get back to my mogul. My meid has beem already registered. Now i changed to a Normal Sim and using it with an lg handset. I take the uim id and written on My mogul. But when i get a call or i make a call after the call is connected within 5-10 secs it got disconnected saying signal faded sometime and sometime there is no any message just got diconnected from the call within 10 secs. I have updated PRL and checked all the values still the problem is there. Please help..

Touch Pro SMS Date Stamp Issue!

Hi,

I am on Might ROM WM6.5 on my Touch Pro (just last week migrated).

Its working like charm, but for the SMS date part. All the incoming messages are being stamped as DD-MM-2017 format. I had similar problem with Sprint ROM and they had issued a fix (it was 2016 stamp). Now this seems to be a new bug and research on other sites proving to be of no use.

Do let me know if any of you facing similar issue or have any solution for the same. (Its WM 6.5 MIGHTY ROM).

MP

Hi,

All of sudden my incoming & outgoing sms have stopped. Can anybody help ??

plz give more detail about your problem, calls are coming ?

Hiteshbhai,

All calls and everything is working fine. Only I am unable to send & recieve sms.

A funny problem with my TP.

The display is acting weird, it looks like a 3D movie i.e. the colors look washed out. If I press the D-pad hard the display's colours get ok.

I feel its a connector rather than a display issue. Any inputs? Want to fix this before I put my TP up for sale.

@pulser220 (_NA_) its a cable problem.

@Raju, need more details, when it happen, what did u installed etc etc, write a full story,

@hiteshbhai,

Did not do anything except shifting from postpaid to prepaid. Nothing has been done with the Touch Pro except moving from Post-Paid to Pre-Paid. Dunno how sms stopped working. What should be done to get it working?

@pulser220 (_NA_) its a cable problem.

So if I get this - Ebay Item Link

It should be fixed right? I have a friend coming back from the states, can have it picked up then :)

yes it will work, but you will get new phone for 40$, make up your mind and dump old one get new one and use old one for parts in future

yes it will work, but you will get new phone for 40$, make up your mind and dump old one get new one and use old one for parts in future

The part is just 19.6$ which is under 1K bux. I want to sell this phone off, would get a better deal if I change the connector and sell it off.