Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amit.shippie

Discuss Here All The Problems With Blackberry.....

hi all...as now most of the members of rimweb using bb8830 or others so why not there shud b a separate thread for problems faced in ur bb device so

that one can find his solution easily......

• Like 2

so lets start from me....

i got my bb8830 yesterday fm sadik...

i installed desktop manager which i got wid bundle..but its not working fine as application loader is not responding

then i tried several times to download DM from web but unable to do it....after sm times it stops..

plz help.....

m using bb 8830 (thanks to sadik) with reliance gsm .. as there network is pathetic so most of times there is no network.

the problem what i am facing is when i shift from no netwok to netwok area then it doesn't automatically shows network most of the time.

i have to call any number (mostly i ddial *222) then network will come and mails etc

is anybody else also facing same thing

m using bb 8830 (thanks to sadik) with reliance gsm .. as there network is pathetic so most of times there is no network.

the problem what i am facing is when i shift from no netwok to netwok area then it doesn't automatically shows network most of the time.

i have to call any number (mostly i ddial *222) then network will come and mails etc

No, working fine on AirTel. It must be an issue with Reliance GSM BIS itself. Amit Jain had experienced the same issue.

Rcom GSM BIS is worst as of now....

Used it for 1 month, After one month I really realised the bad quality of network and BlackBerry customer care support.

i have to continue rgsm only .... cug with 10 nos ....... moreover premium no ..... this reliancd gsm network is useless...

how to transfer sms from sprint bb8830 to pc

plz help........

^^^

just take backup of ur 8830 using bb desktop manager

it will generate a backup file which will be in .ipd format

go to apps for blackberry thread

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=17860&st=105

read my post no 118

use abc utility to extract ur sms from ur ipd and save it on pc as text

u can use this utility to extract contacts , sms , notes , calendar entries and save it on pc in the format u like

enjoy!!

• Like 1

Is there any way to transfer .vcf files from PC to BB ?

thanks

^^^

its very simple

just import the .vcf fle to ur microsoft outlook

then using blackberry desktop manager sync option , sync ur bb with microsoft outlook

^^^

its very simple

just import the .vcf fle to ur microsoft outlook

then using blackberry desktop manager sync option , sync ur bb with microsoft outlook

I'v tried this but the trouble is that outlook imports only one .vcf at a time. so if there are 500 contacts then i have to import 500 files in outlook.

Edited by anuragz

My Sprint BB8830 automatically starts at 9am (i'v set auto on/off to Disable). Even if its ON then it gives an alarm at 9am. How should i get rid of it ?

Another query : How can we install .jar .jad files on BB ?

Edited by anuragz

^^^

There are many utilities that allow u to import multiple vcf files to outlook , just google

to install jad file , copy jad file to ur sd card

make sure u have data connection

jad files are ota files ,which download app ota and install

hii.....today i hv activated NOP(net on phone) in my airtel sim but i dont know how to use it in bb

the browser is configured for rworld....what to do???

i dont know what NOP is , but to use net on bb without bis u have to configure tcp with apn settings

apn for airtel is airtelgprs.com

• Like 1

i dont know what NOP is , but to use net on bb without bis u have to configure tcp with apn settings

apn for airtel is airtelgprs.com

NOP is like using airtel live...u can use net only on phone...u cant connect ur laptop to internet through mobile

if u surf net in ur phone only n dont want to connect to ur pc then ask cc abt this bcoz its very cheaper

in kerala just for Rs.98/- full month unlimited browsing free....only downloads r chargable

Edited by amit.shippie

mufaddal sir any solution to change browser option...i tried to change it to airtel but its not changing

in my set its reliance world by default....i set APN as airtelgprs.com but not working

People trying to use default Browser on BB8830 will always have a poor experience; its very troublesome and will always reset on updating your settings... better try using opera mini...

mufaddal sir any solution to change browser option...i tried to change it to airtel but its not changing

in my set its reliance world by default....i set APN as airtelgprs.com but not working

first u need to do a few things before u can use ur browser for tcp

make sure u have service book for tcp browsing

see in other thread about how to enable browser

if u using wap with proxy then it might not work

Peopletrying to use default Browser on BB8830 will always have a poorexperience; its very troublesome and will always reset on updating yoursettings... better try using opera mini..

if u put a proper service book ur browser will never reset , if u dont put proper service book the browser will reset

though the browser s**ks still u need to have browser if u wanna do ota downloading of apps

i have set my browser to use my tcp , it never resets even if i do battery pull

its not at all troublesome , no need to delete any browser module to load service book , u can do it easily with a simple trick :winko:

@ mufaddal

Plz tell the trick to install browser. Although my Opera & Bolt browsers are working perfectly fine but many other applications needs default browser to connect to internet, so we need to have a working default BB browser. I had installed a browser using Ashoksoft's tutorial on the forum, that browser worked fine but it disappears from handheld.

Another Query :

I 'v faced this peculiar problem with BB 8830.

If i have a number saved on my phone book as "9891012345" by the name "CCare".

Now when i dial this number from my phone book it dials "+19891012345" and as aresult the number does not dials, I receive a reply "no is not correct"

But when i re save this no on phonebook as "09891012345", it dials & connect properly.

Why does this happen ?

Does this means that I have to change all my 10 digit numbers with a prefix "0".

All BB8830 users plz check it on ur devices also. (i m on GSM network, IDEA)

^^^

u first need a service book

use anyone of the service books that i had given

then just go to advance options and service books

in service books just press caps and type this SBEB

it will say legacy restore enable

connect ur bb open up desktop manager

and then in desktop manager go to restore and select service book , and thats all

this is how i load my service books

for + 1 problem , its called smart dialing

Press the talk button > then the blackberry button > go tooptions > smart dailing > look for the option to dail 1 fornational dailing and turn it off.

Edited by mufaddal_km
  • Like 1

^

There is a simple settings in the phone settings to correct this issue...

Set the default country code and area code

1. In the phone, press the Menu key.

2. Click Options.

3. Click Smart Dialing.

4. Set the Country Code and Area Code fields.

5. In the National Number Length field, set the default length for phone numbers in your country.

6. Press the Menu key.

7. Click Save.

Note: When you calculate the default length for phone numbers, include your area code and local number, but do not include your country

code or the National Direct Dialing prefix.

Edited by dkaile

What OS u r using? I have seen that teh problem is with OS 4.5 but with 4.2 things work better..

HOW TO REMOVE/CLEAN BLACKBERRY TRACKBALL

*********PLEASE PERFORM THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK***************

Tools Needed:

Phillips Screwdriver (no bigger than 2.5mm)

Small pliers

Starting….

1. What you first need to do is remove the silver plastic ring around thetrackball. What you'll need is a small screwdriver or something with a small tip. NOT A KNIFE, I repeat don't use a knife because it might damage the mechanism. I used a small Phillips screwdriver.

2. After this is done, you can now carefully remove/clean the trackball.

3. Topop it out just face the Berry down and pop it out. It should just fallout easily with minimal force. It's held in by a magnet.

4. Replace your old track ball with the new one.

5. The put the mechanism back inside the BlackBerry. Put the plastic ring back on and there you go good as new.

6. Done!

View Video of how to do it here - http://www.youtube.c..._embedded#t=115

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1