Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amit.shippie

Discuss Here All The Problems With Blackberry.....

I had the same problem. I have all my numbers in the international format. The solution for India is that upgrade to 4.5 if you have not done so. Then press green button, goto smart dialing, set country code, leave are code blank, leave the number of digits the same. You have the prefix option which you set it yes.

@ mufaddal

Plz tell the trick to install browser. Although my Opera & Bolt browsers are working perfectly fine but many other applications needs default browser to connect to internet, so we need to have a working default BB browser. I had installed a browser using Ashoksoft's tutorial on the forum, that browser worked fine but it disappears from handheld.

Another Query :

I 'v faced this peculiar problem with BB 8830.

If i have a number saved on my phone book as "9891012345" by the name "CCare".

Now when i dial this number from my phone book it dials "+19891012345" and as aresult the number does not dials, I receive a reply "no is not correct"

But when i re save this no on phonebook as "09891012345", it dials & connect properly.

Why does this happen ?

Does this means that I have to change all my 10 digit numbers with a prefix "0".

All BB8830 users plz check it on ur devices also. (i m on GSM network, IDEA)

I dont think that u need to upgrade to version 4.5, I m on 4.2 (the default version on sprint BB8830) Just press call button -> options -> smart dialing-> country code (set it to unknown) , national number length (10) , area code (blank)

& u r done.

I had the same problem. I have all my numbers in the international format. The solution for India is that upgrade to 4.5 if you have not done so. Then press green button, goto smart dialing, set country code, leave are code blank, leave the number of digits the same. You have the prefix option which you set it yes.

@ mufaddal

Plz tell the trick to install browser. Although my Opera & Bolt browsers are working perfectly fine but many other applications needs default browser to connect to internet, so we need to have a working default BB browser. I had installed a browser using Ashoksoft's tutorial on the forum, that browser worked fine but it disappears from handheld.

Another Query :

Now when i dial this number from my phone book it dials "+19891012345" and as aresult the number does not dials, I receive a reply "no is not correct"

But when i re save this no on phonebook as "09891012345", it dials & connect properly.

Why does this happen ?

Does this means that I have to change all my 10 digit numbers with a prefix "0".

What's your number format? If national then no problem, but if international, then you have to use 4.5 only. 4.2 has national dialing for 1 while 4.5 has it with 0.

I dont think that u need to upgrade to version 4.5, I m on 4.2 (the default version on sprint BB8830) Just press call button -> options -> smart dialing-> country code (set it to unknown) , national number length (10) , area code (blank)

& u r done.

@ mufaddal

Another Query :

Why does this happen ?

I have a sprint BB 8830 WE purchased from Sadik. I am using it on CDMA.

All of a sudden, my BB has become one sided. When I dial a number, I am unable to hear nothing....neither ringtone nor any conversation. Ofcourse the called person is able to listen me.

However, if I turn loudspeaker on, I am able to hear ring / conversation.

I tried the following;

switched-off BB and switched on again.

Changed mode to GSM.

But the problem persists.

What could be the problem? How to set it right? Pls. help me.............

:previous:

Seems to be a earpiece speaker problem, though experts here will guide you.

Yes. It seems phone is stuck in to headset mode.

I tried everything..putting a headset & taking in out....cleaning socket etc. nothing seems to be working.

I do not know what to do...no way to use phone in speakerphone mode all times.

Any one has any solution? Guide me please

It is just 3 weeks old phone.

Plan to call Sadik bhai tomorrow. BB is still under his guarantee.

On my BB8830, even when i am not using any data application, on the signal bar I can see data tranaction taking place (as i see those UP/Down arrow marks on the network indicator).

Although i have an unlimited Data Plan but I dought that some application in the backend is using data tranaction continuously. Is there any way to check which aplication is using data ?

Is there any way through which i can restrict or disconnect my handset from data usage when i dont need it?

My battrey drains out b'coz of it.

Although i have an unlimited Data Plan but I dought that some application in the backend is using data tranaction continuously. Is there any way to check which aplication is using data ?

You can set Application permission under Options->Advanced->Applications & u ll see applications list select apps press menu key & select Edit Permission . You can set for connection allow/disallow .

Is there any way through which i can restrict or disconnect my handset from data usage when i dont need it?

My battrey drains out b'coz of it.

Go to Options->Mobile Network & select Data Services as Off

Very strange problem with my new BB 8830 (From Sadik). In GSM mode I am able to use Airtel or Vodafone but when I insert my Aircel Sim, it doesn't detect the sim. even it dosen't connect to my cdma reliance network once I insert the Aircel sim. Is there any separate setting required for Aircel?

Tarun

:previous:

Even i also have Aircel Connection in Mumbai & RCDMA in BB8830 from Sadikk ...but didn't faced such issues any time . Remove ur sim for 10 or more mins & try putting in once again . It might work .

call timer is not working.....i mean during call i cant see the duration of call......plz help

I have just discovered that since I have upgraded to 4.5 os (bell mobility) on my BB8830, the 'call waiting' option has disappered from the menu. Now whenever i am on i call & i receive a second call, i dont hear any beep but the number is displayed on my screen. when i tried to look out for 'call waiting' option, i was shocked to know that it is not availablein the phone. but i remember it was there when i was on 4.2 os.

Is anyone else also facing this problem ?

Please advice me how to bring back 'call waiting' option.

I have just discovered that since I have upgraded to 4.5 os (bell mobility) on my BB8830, the 'call waiting' option has disappered from the menu. Now whenever i am on i call & i receive a second call, i dont hear any beep but the number is displayed on my screen. when i tried to look out for 'call waiting' option, i was shocked to know that it is not availablein the phone. but i remember it was there when i was on 4.2 os.

Even I faced this problem with my os 4.5 (sprint), I could not find any solution on web. Then I simply dialed *311 from my reliance connection to activate call waiting. I got the confirmation that call waiting activated. There should be such number for all network operators as it is a network specific problem and has nothing to do with handset or OS. Just call your CC for that and it should resolve the problem.

Tarun

Even I faced this problem with my os 4.5 (sprint), I could not find any solution on web. Then I simply dialed *311 from my reliance connection to activate call waiting. I got the confirmation that call waiting activated. There should be such number for all network operators as it is a network specific problem and has nothing to do with handset or OS. Just call your CC for that and it should resolve the problem.

Tarun

Thanks Tarun even i was thinking of doing the same but i dont know my service provicers 'call wait' activation number. I'll try to find it.

But tell me one thing that now when there is a call waiting Do u hear that BEEP sound in the background ??

There's one more thing i'v noticed that my 'Flash messages' ( the msg that flash bill amt or balance amt on screen when u dial a code no like *444# , *147# etc. [no depends on service provider])

This flash msg sometimes displays result on screen & sometimes rater than processing the no. it actually dials the no. & the reply says no. invalid.

Edited by anuragz

Truley speeking, I didn't faced this position on my BB8830 yet as I am not using it for my reliance no. I am using it for airtel BIS. But this always worked on my last handset HTC6800. I got the beep on call waiting. Sorry, no answer for your second qwery, I am on postpaid relaince connection and on airtel prepaid i don't have any balance, as I have activated unlimited BIS for one month. But before that when I used aircel for one day, it always shown me flash message and never dialed the no.

Regards

Tarun

Truley speeking, I didn't faced this position on my BB8830 yet as I am not using it for my reliance no. I am using it for airtel BIS. But this always worked on my last handset HTC6800. I got the beep on call waiting. Sorry, no answer for your second qwery, I am on postpaid relaince connection and on airtel prepaid i don't have any balance, as I have activated unlimited BIS for one month. But before that when I used aircel for one day, it always shown me flash message and never dialed the no.

Regards

Tarun

@Tarun

Can u test this call waiting beep option for me ? Just dial Cstomer care from ur Blackberry & from another phone call ur BB. If u'll hear the 'beep' that means it is working fine.

Which OS version do u have on BB ?

Generally in GSM phones dial *43# to activate call waiting & #43# is for deactivation.

@Tarun

Can u test this call waiting beep option for me ? Just dial Cstomer care from ur Blackberry & from another phone call ur BB. If u'll hear the 'beep' that means it is working fine.

Generally in GSM phones dial *43# to activate call waiting & #43# is for deactivation.

You are right Anurag, there is no beep for call waiting, though call waiting is working. Very strange problem, I looked for many other forums but couldn't even find any one posting any such problem. I will try some alert software like berrybuzz and alikes, let see if any of these helps. I also found one software called Missedcall on website "www.barrymax.cn" (Chinese website) but I couldn't get myself registered for downloading that. Please try if you can get that software, it may help us.

one more thing you will get the call waiting option in the cdma mode on bb 8830 but not on gsm mode. anyway that option doesn't help as I think it has the codes / dialing for sprint network

Tarun

Edited by tarun_kabra

@Tarun

You are right Anurag, there is no beep for call waiting, though call waiting is working. Very strange problem, I looked for many other forums but couldn't even find any one posting any such problem. I will try some alert software like berrybuzz and alikes, let see if any of these helps. I also found one software called Missedcall on website "www.barrymax.cn" (Chinese website) but I couldn't get myself registered for downloading that. Please try if you can get that software, it may help us.

one more thing you will get the call waiting option in the cdma mode on bb 8830 but not on gsm mode. anyway that option doesn't help as I think it has the codes / dialing for sprint network

Tarun

Tarun I'v searched & found that many other users are also facing the same problem. But in none of the forums there was'nt any solution to this problem, the only conclusion which they had reached was to 'contact your service provider'.

I dont thoink that any third party software is going to work.

The only solution could be installing another version of OS.

I just wanted to find out that Does 4.2 version users are also facing same problem ???

Is anyone there using vesion 4.2 on Blackberry 8830 ????

Are there other users on Rimweb facing same problem ?

I just dont understand that why just a very basic feature which even works on a third grade cheap 500 Rs chinese phone, does not being supported by a Blackberry Smartphone ?

Any replies from the experts ??? Sadikk, Dr Mudaffal, Arun................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifsos.gifsos.gifsos.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

Hi Anurag, i just got one sprint BB8830 with OS4.5, surprisingly *311 is not connecting but call waiting is activated in default, though i cannot find anywhere the setting to activate or deactivate on phone..

but when i tried to call customer care from my BB and then called my BB from another reliance CDMA number its was showing incoming call but NO BEEP or Tone.

Hi all,

After all tries I am not able to use Reliance Net Connect on my Windows 7 PC withh BB8830 as modem. After creating the dial up connection, when I try to connect, it shows Error 651. What can be wrong, is there some settings required in device for R-connect.

Regards

Hi all,

After all tries I am not able to use Reliance Net Connect on my Windows 7 PC withh BB8830 as modem. After creating the dial up connection, when I try to connect, it shows Error 651. What can be wrong, is there some settings required in device for R-connect.

Regards

Hi Tarun,

I dont know weather it is allowed to post link of other forums here but still i am posting this link from where i got my Blackberry working as a modem in first attempt.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-guides/2019-user-howto-use-blackberry-modem-laptop.html

In STEP 9 IMPORTANT SPECIAL CONFIGURATION STEP

you can try the below settings.

at+cgdcont=1,"ip","internet"

These settings are generic it works on my idea GSM.

Which network are u on ? Rel CDMA or GSM ?

Thanks Anurag, I will try this also.I think I missed only two things as given in this tutorial. First one is setting baud rate at 33600 bps and secondly the additional settings. I had tried connecting with both my reliance cdma as well as airtel BIS but no success. Hope this time I will do it.

Tarun

:previous::previous: @ Trun & Anurag

Alreday there is topic for Configuring BB8830 as Modem ..posted by Champ Dr Muffadal .. :clap::praise::yes:

guys can refer below link

BB as Modem

Edited by chintan1

Ya CHintan i just read that other thread dedicated to use Blackberry as Modem.

Mods can u plz merge these posts there ?

Is anybody using Airtel BIS on the forum? If yes, what is the network status "GPRS" or "edge"? On my Airtel BIS, I am getting "GPRS". When contacted the CC they told me that I should get "edge" by selecting network from automatic to manual; removing and reinserting sim & battery after 2 minutes. I tried but still the network is "GPRS" and not "edge". Does sim card also make any difference on that. Someone told me that Vodafone is giving "edge" services. I am very confused, what to do, change the sim or service provider or go as it is.

Regards