Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amit.shippie

Discuss Here All The Problems With Blackberry.....

hi Tarun dont have an answer to your qustion but an observation. I am using AIRTEL Bis on 8830 for quite some time and have never got edge or EDGE displayed it always is GPRS or gprs. At same time in same location my colleagues BB bold shows EDGE

Edited by Dr.Gagan

hi Tarun dont have an answer to your qustion but an observation. I am using Bis on 8830 for quite some time and have never got edge or EDGE displayed it always is GPRS or gprs. At same time in same location my colleagues bb bold shows EDGE

Thanks for observation, Dr Gagan. On which network are your colleagues? Why we can't get EDGE on our BB8830. I don't think it is a handset issue, BB8830 should be EDGE compatible. Anybody else getting EDGE on their BB8830, please respond.

Regrads

Edited by tarun_kabra

@Tarun

Can u test this call waiting beep option for me ? Just dial Cstomer care from ur Blackberry & from another phone call ur BB. If u'll hear the 'beep' that means it is working fine.

Which OS version do u have on BB ?

Generally in GSM phones dial *43# to activate call waiting & #43# is for deactivation.

You are right Anurag, there is no beep for call waiting, though call waiting is working. Very strange problem, I looked for many other forums but couldn't even find any one posting any such problem. I will try some alert software like berrybuzz and alikes, let see if any of these helps. I also found one software called Missedcall on website "www.barrymax.cn" (Chinese website) but I couldn't get myself registered for downloading that. Please try if you can get that software, it may help us.

one more thing you will get the call waiting option in the cdma mode on bb 8830 but not on gsm mode. anyway that option doesn't help as I think it has the codes / dialing for sprint network

Tarun

Tarun I'v searched & found that many other users are also facing the same problem. But in none of the forums there was'nt any solution to this problem, the only conclusion which they had reached was to 'contact your service provider'.

I dont thoink that any third party software is going to work.

The only solution could be installing another version of OS.

I just wanted to find out that Does 4.2 version users are also facing same problem ???

Is anyone there using vesion 4.2 on Blackberry 8830 ????

Are there other users on Rimweb facing same problem ?

I just dont understand that why just a very basic feature which even works on a third grade cheap 500 Rs chinese phone, does not being supported by a Blackberry Smartphone ?

Any replies from the experts ??? Sadikk, Dr Mudaffal, Arun................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifsos.gifsos.gifsos.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

So Finally I found the solution for this Call waiting trouble.

First I flashed my 8830 & downgraded to Sprint ver 4.2.2.123 but in this ver there was a big error in call waiting.

Although i was able to hear the call waiting 'beep' but as soon as the 2nd caller disconnects his call my first call automatically used to go to speakerphone & there was

no way through which i could shut the speakerphone the only way was to pull the battery & restart.

Then I upgraded to ver 4.2.2.196 (sprint).

In this ver Call Waiting is working perfectly fine, I can hear the 'beep', i can take the second call, i can also go back to first call.

So if u really don't want to miss any calls u have to install ver 4.2.2.196

The other benefits of this 4.2 OS which i found good over ver 4.5 are

1. Very good battery life. In ver 4.5 10% battery used to drain out in 1hr but in this OS i dont need to charge for 3 days.

2. The os is fast, it does not takes time in opening dierent applications.

3. Almost all applications are working fine like Gmail, Google Sync, gmaps, browsers, Gtalk , nimbuzz etc. Only few themes dont work.

4. Call waiting is working Perfectly fine on OS 4.2.2.196, which is a very essential feature.

If u want to install this 4.2 os it is advisable to also downgrade ur Desktop Manager to ver 4.2

^^^ good info dude... But i had a major problem in 4.2... I was not able to send or receive SMS from my reliance number... A friend of mine also had the same problem... he was not able to send/receive sms from his BB8830 OS4.2...

Is there any patch or something which makes the SMS work in 4.2?? I would also love to come back to 4.2...

Is it a correct assumption that a Blackberry flashed with the Reliance BIOS will be functionally indistinguishable from an identical unit bought from Reliance.

There's one more thing i'v noticed that my 'Flash messages' ( the msg that flash bill amt or balance amt on screen when u dial a code no like *444# , *147# etc. [no depends on service provider])

This flash msg sometimes displays result on screen & sometimes rater than processing the no. it actually dials the no. & the reply says no. invalid.

same problem with me... flash msgs in my blackberry also not working.....smtimes it works when i choose DIAL FROM HOME SCREEN YES....but not everytime....

any solution techies....

Edited by amit.shippie

HELLO EVERYONE,

I AM PLANNING TO BUY BLACKBERRY 8330 CURVE IN FEW DAYS. I AM GOING TO USE IT WITH TATA INDICOM. PLEASE TELL ME FUNCTIONS THAT DO NOT WORK WHEN TATA INDICOM CONNECTION IS USED IN (SPRINT) UNLOCKED BLACKBERRY. ALSO PROBLEMS THAT GENERALLY ARISES IN BLACKBERRY HANDSETS(SPECIALLY BB 8330 CURVE) IN REGULAR USE.

CURRENTLY I AM USING NOKIA 6275,BEFORE THAT I USED MOTOROLA MOTO Q. PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER MY DECISION OF MOVING TO BLACKBERRY IS RIGHT OR NOT??

WAITING FOR REPLY...

Hi All,

Facing few Problems on my BB8830, Expert's help required.

After uninstalling Opera Mini 5.0 Beta

Problem 01.

my BB Browser is gone, can’t download anything OTA.

although my opera mini and bolt are working fine.

Problem 02.

When I am surfing via gprs I can’t make calls, it says (Authorization failed)(Sometimes even after closing my browser, it works only after battery pull) but I can receive calls.

BB8830 (Sprint) from Ebay

Environment

Ver 4.5.135

Aircel Mumbai Prepaid

My PC Environment

XP Home SP2

BB Desktop Manager 4.7 (Without Media Manager)

I have successfully enabled gprs and BB Browser via Ashoksoft’s this post

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/19566-blackberry-8830-review-and-hacks/

Then I successfully enabled Tethering via Dr. mufaddal’s this post

Then Downloaded and installed Bolt 1.5 >Working fine.

Then Downloaded and installed Opera Mini 4.2 >Working fine.

Then Downloaded and installed Opera Mini 5.0 Beta >Not sure it was working as I find it a bit heavy for my mobile.

So I uninstalled Opera Mini 5.0 Beta restarted my BB.. and problem starts

*Thanx and Regards to Dr. Muffadal, Ashoksoft and others for sharing valuable information.

reload service books and get browser back

Thanx Dr. for ur reply

I did restore via desktop manager, but still cant see bb browser.

I couldn't do the legacy restore as i cant type anything in service book option.. although i tried caps on + SEBE,

I already have two entries in service book > Wap Push Config and Email[CMIME]

Hi Mufaddal, Nice to see you back. Can you please check post no. 50 to 53, I am still not able to resolve those issues. Apart from these, I am facing a few more issues:

1). Is it possible to increase the default attachment size of mails i.e. 2.9 MB;

2). In my Nokia 6265, when I used its inbuilt call barring feature, it allowed me to block calls in a way that the caller was not even able to reach to me and got the message of busy or not reachable and even I didn't come to know about who is calling (which I think was a perfect "Do not Disturb"). I tried all the call barring software posted here and on other forums also but none of those give such output. Is it possible to have barr the calls in the way of Nokia 6265.

Regards

Tarun

Edited by tarun_kabra

Hi All,

http://www.rimweb.in...view-and-hacks/

But every time i swap another sim.. Then i have to re-load service books again through "legacy Restore" mode, though i can surf through opera 4.2 and bolt 1.6 and can do teether via PC.. But i cant see and use BB Browser until i Reload service books.

I am Using Windows XP SP

Desktop Manager 4.7

BB 8830 With 4.5.135

Help required.. As i do Swap my sim's as per my roaming requirements.

Thanx and Regards

previous.gif

as per my knowledge there is no solution for thisNOTriste.gifNOTriste.gif

may b Dr. can help u....GirandoOjos.gifGirandoOjos.gif

i downloaded the gmail..but its not working...when i start the application i get the following error msg...

Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.TouchEvent' not found

help!!!!

Hi All,

http://www.rimweb.in...view-and-hacks/

But every time i swap another sim.. Then i have to re-load service books again through "legacy Restore" mode, though i can surf through opera 4.2 and bolt 1.6 and can do teether via PC.. But i cant see and use BB Browser until i Reload service books.

I am Using Windows XP SP

Desktop Manager 4.7

BB 8830 With 4.5.135

Help required.. As i do Swap my sim's as per my roaming requirements.

Thanx and Regards

hey guys.. if the solution for the above problem is there in the forum then pls someone post the link.. (though i have search all, but cant find any), Moderators .. Seniors.. Experts...Dr.'s.. pls help.. :|

Edited by coolminilife

:previous:

Dude i never faced this problem ...even i also do swap sims between Aircel & RGSM ..browsers remains ..no need to reload service books ..I guess there you need to lock your service books ...so that it wont disappear ..even i had this issue when we load any apps thru app loader ..

refer below link u might get your problem solved .... :)

Browser

Edited by chintan1

btw which service books are u using??

there are 2 service books in the folder

@Tarun

Can u test this call waiting beep option for me ? Just dial Cstomer care from ur Blackberry & from another phone call ur BB. If u'll hear the 'beep' that means it is working fine.

Which OS version do u have on BB ?

Generally in GSM phones dial *43# to activate call waiting & #43# is for deactivation.

You are right Anurag, there is no beep for call waiting, though call waiting is working. Very strange problem, I looked for many other forums but couldn't even find any one posting any such problem. I will try some alert software like berrybuzz and alikes, let see if any of these helps. I also found one software called Missedcall on website "www.barrymax.cn" (Chinese website) but I couldn't get myself registered for downloading that. Please try if you can get that software, it may help us.

one more thing you will get the call waiting option in the cdma mode on bb 8830 but not on gsm mode. anyway that option doesn't help as I think it has the codes / dialing for sprint network

Tarun

Tarun I'v searched & found that many other users are also facing the same problem. But in none of the forums there was'nt any solution to this problem, the only conclusion which they had reached was to 'contact your service provider'.

I dont thoink that any third party software is going to work.

The only solution could be installing another version of OS.

I just wanted to find out that Does 4.2 version users are also facing same problem ???

Is anyone there using vesion 4.2 on Blackberry 8830 ????

Are there other users on Rimweb facing same problem ?

I just dont understand that why just a very basic feature which even works on a third grade cheap 500 Rs chinese phone, does not being supported by a Blackberry Smartphone ?

Any replies from the experts ??? Sadikk, Dr Mudaffal, Arun................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifsos.gifsos.gifsos.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

So Finally I found the solution for this Call waiting trouble.

First I flashed my 8830 & downgraded to Sprint ver 4.2.2.123 but in this ver there was a big error in call waiting.

Although i was able to hear the call waiting 'beep' but as soon as the 2nd caller disconnects his call my first call automatically used to go to speakerphone & there was

no way through which i could shut the speakerphone the only way was to pull the battery & restart.

Then I upgraded to ver 4.2.2.196 (sprint).

In this ver Call Waiting is working perfectly fine, I can hear the 'beep', i can take the second call, i can also go back to first call.

So if u really don't want to miss any calls u have to install ver 4.2.2.196

The other benefits of this 4.2 OS which i found good over ver 4.5 are

1. Very good battery life. In ver 4.5 10% battery used to drain out in 1hr but in this OS i dont need to charge for 3 days.

2. The os is fast, it does not takes time in opening dierent applications.

3. Almost all applications are working fine like Gmail, Google Sync, gmaps, browsers, Gtalk , nimbuzz etc. Only few themes dont work.

4. Call waiting is working Perfectly fine on OS 4.2.2.196, which is a very essential feature.

If u want to install this 4.2 os it is advisable to also downgrade ur Desktop Manager to ver 4.2

Finally I got call waiting beep on my bb8830 with os 4.5.175. But I am still clueless about what went wrong earlier and what new I have done now which lead to resolve this call waiting issue. The only new thing I remind is that I am using a shirnked os and not all the components of os 4.5.175. I had removed the default themes, unused languages, voice activated dialing and a few more from my original os 4.5.175 to gain more memory and after that it started working. But I do not see any direct link of shrinking the os and resolution of this call waiting problem. Any way its working now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted from my bb 8830 without BIS on my Aircel gprs and BB Browser.

Dude i never faced this problem ...even i also do swap sims between Aircel & RGSM ..browsers remains ..no need to reload service books ..I guess there you need to lock your service books ...so that it wont disappear ..even i had this issue when we load any apps thru app loader ..

refer below link u might get your problem solved .... :)

Browser

Hey Dude,

Help me with ur serice books .. tel me which one r u using... and how do u lock service books..

Reference post..

Dude i am using same service book provided by Ashok in 1st post itself ...try loading it twice ...& i didn't do anything for locking it while swapping sim card

Finally I got call waiting beep on my bb8830 with os 4.5.175. But I am still clueless about what went wrong earlier and what new I have done now which lead to resolve this call waiting issue. The only new thing I remind is that I am using a shirnked os and not all the components of os 4.5.175. I had removed the default themes, unused languages, voice activated dialing and a few more from my original os 4.5.175 to gain more memory and after that it started working. But I do not see any direct link of shrinking the os and resolution of this call waiting problem. Any way its working now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted from my bb 8830 without BIS on my Aircel gprs and BB Browser.

Tarun bhai ..after loading many Os what i feel is Os 4.2.2.196 is the most stable ...with all features ...

desktop manager and bmc is not detecting my blackberry.... is it data cable problem???....

on the other hand it still getting charge when connected to my laptop.... confused.gif

and also one more problem...from the very first day i bought it i m not able to connect to DM VIA BLUETOOTH....

plz help...

Edited by amit.shippie

try on other pc

when u connect ur usb cable u should hear a "ding"

it worked in other laptop...one more strange thing i can connect to DM via blurtooth in tht....

may be due to vista... tht is vista basic n mine is premium.....

How to transfer number from balckberry to a new UIM ?

Can i use HCC card ?

When i tried calling *229xxxxxxxxx from blackberry it says "Request for missed call alert deactivation has been accepted"..