Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
aeroamit

Feedback On E-bay Seller

Hello

I am planning to get a Digi-Cam and found one meeting my all specs in e-Bay.

Before proceeding forward ,I would like to take review of members who made purchases

earlier at e-Bay.Till now,I have never purchased anything from e-Bay and hence,would

like to get some feedback on items available at e-Bay.Seller is Ogt-clan from

Japan and he has received 99.7% positive feedback at e-Bay.Also,as I am planning to buy

Digi-Cam worth $217,do I need to pay any Customs duty to get in India from Japan.

I am sure many of the members are getting items from outside on regular basis and

hence this is the right place to get my queries answered.

:signthankspin:

You will be charged the customs duty. When the postman delivers the item (or request you to pick up from Post Office), they will ask you to make the payment. The amount determined by the customs department will depend on the cost of the item.

Thanks Arun

They are delivering it through DHL/ Fedex and charging $28 for delivery.Any idea of

prevailing customs duty tariff.

they just can not levy Custom Duty to Personal Parcel so they charge CVC = Counter Validating Duty and ADC Additional Duty of Custom Both is around 4% as of Today total means for goods of Rs. 25000 = %4 = 1000 Duty is Fixed.

And they will not go by your rates, but their own...

• Like 1

^^^ Small Correction - CVD - Countervailing duty

@ Dhiraj

Customs Duty is 4% + Additonal customs duty is 20% while CVD is equivalent of Excise duty for local product.

So if u pay duty to get it at the actual rate it may not be lucrative of import. In personal baggage they generally do not charge duty unless it is more than 2-3 handsets.

@ Dhiraj

Customs Duty is 4% + Additonal customs duty is 20% while CVD is equivalent of Excise duty for local product.

So if u pay duty to get it at the actual rate it may not be lucrative of import. In personal baggage they generally do not charge duty unless it is more than 2-3 handsets.

yes . on an average they charge 20% duty on the cost price

but if someone gets it in person , it comes in their personal lugagge ( even if u get it boxed), and no duty is levied on it

^

No, doc; average duty is about 4% on items for personal use, and ADC is 20% of 4% Main CVD (approx. 0.8% more) so works out a very small amount; only thing is that they must be convinced that the item you have imported is for personal use and you not using this route to do business.... so you should call only 1 item at a time, not in bulk...

^^^

nope bro

i dont know abt digital cameras but on phones mostly u have to pay 20% duty on the declared value ,in some cases they dont even care abt declared value and they assert the market cost price and charge 20% of that .

remember one thing if u get it thru DHL or FEDEX then u have to pay customs as it is , u cannot argue or negotiate with custom people .

if u get thru usps or airmail then u have a chance of negotiating with customs and paying less , but then there is less security of ur goods

many members over here have paid it and know that

i u have good ties or frends with some customs agent then ur work is done , but for an average joe , its much of an hassle

Edited by mufaddal_km

ok guys i wanted to order a headphone through ebay.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Brand-Sony-MDR-V700-DJ-V700-DJ-Headphones-earphone_W0QQitemZ260469773736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca53555a8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#shId

can anyone tell how much custom duty i have to pay for this.

and abt paying through Paypal is it similar to paypaisa or there is any extra charges/ complications

and what abtcustoms if it ships as a gift...

i know a lot of questions... but i newer puchased any thing from ebay.com or any international website

ok guys i wanted to order a headphone through ebay.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Brand-Sony-MDR-V700-DJ-V700-DJ-Headphones-earphone_W0QQitemZ260469773736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca53555a8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#shId

can anyone tell how much custom duty i have to pay for this.

and abt paying through Paypal is it similar to paypaisa or there is any extra charges/ complications

and what abtcustoms if it ships as a gift...

i know a lot of questions... but i newer puchased any thing from ebay.com or any international website

If this is marked as gift, you will not have to pay any duty.As per Government of India guidelines, bonafide gifts up to the value of Rs.10,000 addressed to any person residing in India are 100% exempt from customs duty.

If you buy this item, please let me know the quality of the headphone.

nowadays ebay has opened up EBAY.COm to indian buyers too.dono how they calculate the customs there.the shippin and handling is already decided by the ebay guys.dono if we've to pay something on top of that

:previous:eBay Global Easy Buy is very costly if you check the shipping cost in the listing.