Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rashid4u

Themes For Blackberry

yes tarun you can have back up of your third party apps. from your desktop using BB manager. the following are the steps i copied sometime back from other forum/blog. I am sorry i cant'd recall the original source.

1- Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager 4.2 from here.

2- Plug in the device and run Desktop Manager.

3- Click on “Switch Device Wizard.”

4- Click on “Switch Blackberry Devices.”

5- Click “Next.”

6- Select USB: Your Pin.

7- Click “Next”.

8- Uncheck “User Data and Settings” and “Include Messages” leaving “Third Party Applications checked.

9- Click “Next”.

10- When it’s finished backing up the apps, DO NOT click “Next” or “Cancel.” Leave that screen as it is and continue these instructions.

11- Search your computer files/folders for a folder labeled with your pin number. Be sure and search in hidden and system files.

* Depending on your OS the location may vary. In one example it is found XP-32bit C:\Documents and Settings\*ProfileName\Local Settings\Temp\*Pin#

12- When you find it copy it to another location.

13- Now go back and “Cancel” the Switch Device Wizard. If you cancel the wizard before copying the folder to another location the folder is automatically emptied.

14- Now wipe your device as desired.

Your backup is complete.

Restore

15- When the OS has been loaded back to the device run Application Loader again and click on “Add”

16- Browse to the folder you copied with your PIN. Double click on the file named yourpin.alx.

17- This should add all your 3rd party apps to the apploader.

18- Finish the installation to load them to your BB.

19- Restore your personal data using the restore feature in Desktop Manager Backup/Restore

* Note: If you are wiping the device because of a problem this procedure may not be wise to perform because the cause of the trouble could possibly be in one of the 3rd party apps. select option device switch select to a new blackberry device

• Like 1

Dr.Gagan, thanks for this nice tutorial.There is another problem, but I am going to post that in reviws & hacks otherwise this themes topic will divert from its original theme.

Regards

Tarun

Find the Greyberry theme for BB 88XX.

a Yellow Theme made by me for use in my Phone,Leave it here in case anybody likes it.

there are 2 theme files just install the last one

Y setup.rar

post-20944-12587118843_thumb.jpg

hey guys i just found out this site for the themes and many stufs h**p://www.emobilez.com

Edited by har

the best theme i hv ever found....entirely different from traditional one with fixed dock

it has extra larger icons and that too u can flip with trackball on main screen...just checkout once

curve shuffle with font control theme for 8830 and 8330

Promo.png

shuffle_with_fontcontrol.rar

Edited by amit.shippie
  • Like 2

@amit kumar jha, I tried to upload this theme, but it says, it is not compatible... I have BB8830... Im on v4.5 OS and the BB DM is 5.0.1

Also, if possible, upload pictures of the theme...

@amit kumar jha, I tried to upload this theme, but it says, it is not compatible... I have BB8830... Im on v4.5 OS and the BB DM is 5.0.1

Also, if possible, upload pictures of the theme...

Same problem with me on BB 8330 Curve.

sorry for the inconvinience guys....i dont know whats happening...i m not able to attach the file....i m trying..ll b available shortly

anyway i hv uploaded the screenshot...

@greatest....i m using it on bb8830 n its working perfectly.

just try new file when it ll b uploaded....

update:

its uploaded now....SI.gifSI.gif

Edited by amit.shippie

@greatest & konquerror

it worked or not???.....let me know, i ll send u file on ur mail......

Edited by amit.shippie

@amit, i did not have time last nite... will check it today maybe after a few hours and post my experience.. Thanks though... :) the picture looks cool.. lets see how it fares in the phone...

@greatest & konquerror

it worked or not???.....let me know, i ll send u file on ur mail......

Yes..it worked...it's a Mac theme...but I didn't like only one icon on home screen...is there any way to increase number of icons on home screen?

previous.gif

i hv no idea but i think if u put more than one icon it ll become small.....but may b sm theme devloper can do the same

Nice theme... I liked it.. im using it now...

^^^

Looking good, will try it out soon.

This is a free Avatar Theme created by Jennifer CoolBlackberryThemes for Blackberry Curve 8520, 8300, 8800, 8900 and the Bold. For those avatar fans out there, grab this theme now from the OTA download link below.

OTA Download Free Avatar Theme:

Android theme for Storm 9530:

androidxpromo.png

Screen shot from my Storm, tested, working fine:

20100420132008.png20100420132059.png20100420132114.png

Edit:-

Not working properly with device OS 5.0 in land scape mode on my BB Storm 9530, though it was perfectly fine on OS 4.7

AndroidStormX.rar

Edited by tarun_kabra

Thanks friends for such a good collection !!!! Thanks alot. was in search of themes for my bb8830 aur apne hi ghar mein mil gya sab winko.gif

Hi friends was just googlimg for blackberry themes and found a very nice collection of paid themes for free @ http://www.rapidsharelist.net/mac-other-oses/5805-blackberry-elecite-all-themes-october-6-09.html

One of them is Scion theme which i liked most :

screenshot_main_1257664088_.jpg

My download is still in progress as i m on 1x so cant tell that password given with rar file works or not !!!