Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Puneet

Nokia N900 Announced

Nokia does it again, after N95 the next phone to revolutionize mobile handsets is here. Nokia today made official the N900. Can't wait for October 2009 for upgrading my old workhorse the N95.

http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/

great phone .. what wud be the price for this beauty ?????

Edited by supernova

^^^

around 35000 rs ( 550 euros)

it goes without saying , that when nokia releases any new high end phone its priced above 30k

Well they ditched N97 buyers...

and is this main iphone killer??

Price out.. 500 Euro..

start shipping October first week..

Impressive..

but seems too heavy at 181g

and is this main iphone killer

lol

when will this cliche die

each phone and os is a killer in itself :Riendo:

well expected... but trust me when i saw its video one thing hit my thought.. what will happen to Iphone now.. its just i used same old words :)

:previous:

The Indian price will definitely cross 35k, but then its a beauty, after all. :clap:

iPhone killer? What's an iPhone? :Contento:

The video is amazing, am getting it the first day it is launched :)

^^^

rather wait for its reviews to pour in

dont be nokia's early adopter aka guinea pig

if u look at nokia's track record , they release a new pimped up version of their devices after few mnths

after N900 they will surely release a more updted and refined version in some mnths ......that my frined is how NOKIA does business

Wht every thing has to be iphone killer? Iphone is iphone trendsetter. Only iphone can kill iphone.

Linux OS is very powerful. has long way to go. If you look at android, its certainly powerful OS but very slow development.

I dont think Nokia has ditched N97 users. Agreed this seems to be better than N97 but may be slower than N97. This perhaps is N97 with linux and faster CPU which is required for Linux or WM.

N97 has only 40 MB user accesible RAM still its as fast as E71 which had 70 MB yet its much faster than HTC touch pro.

Dont be so optimistic also

yeh nokiawale bade kaminey hai

they will never want their maemo platform to compete with their s60v5 ( symbian foundation) which they are developing so much

so obviusoly they will strip down few things on N900 so that it doesnt compete with highend s60v5 phones and vice versa

no manufacturer will ever want two phones in their portfolios competing with each other

they will sort out features in such a way so as to craete two different markets , one for meamo and one for s60v5

According to Nokia reps, the new Maemo device is not meant to compete with the NokiaSymbian smartphones, but instead cater for different market needs.

^

thats why i dont like Nokia; they have exploited us for too long... never give all features in one handset, always leave something or the other out...

Yes Maemo is for touch devices to compete with OSs like Android, WebOS, Iphones, Win-mob 7, BB ETC..

as even they know Symbian is not cool with Touch...

I think nokia is creating space for them selves as they might be suspicious about future preferences. Since the inception of Android, how ever slow development may be - google might may change people's preference in favour of ANDROID and LINUX.

Symbian as an OS has reached to PALM OS stage. where OS is very stable, fast and user friendly. But its not modern and any development on same old core is peripheral development , means it has to pay cost in terms of usability, UI, user experience and new emerging requirements.

Symbian being very old platform number of application available are far more than any other OS including windows.

nokia is gonna rejuvinate entire s60v5 interface by 2011

this is what they have stated , also they are taking ideas/opinions from people and bloggers for this

till that time they want meamo to save their asses

Nokia N900 Faces Charger Issues in the UK

Company says this hardware issue can be fixed at its service centre

After the Sony Ericsson Satio faced software issues with units in the UK, it's now the turn of Nokia's flagship tablet, the N900.

The N900, which is available all over UK through the O2 network, Vodafone and Orange is facing hardware issues with its microUSB charging port. Many consumers are reporting that the phone's microUSB port simply comes apart when they try to disconnect the charger cable post charging. This happens because the prongs that hold the charger port are too tight.

Nokia has acknowledged this as a hardware issue and has clarified that this affects only a very limited number of N900s shipped. While stopping short of a product recall, Nokia has said that the issue can be fixed by simply taking the affected phone to a Nokia service centre.

It doesn't seem to be rosy for Nokia in the UK of late. Just last month, Nokia's flagship N97 smartphone was removed from its list of UK offerings because of the high return rate.

5 mp camera @ 35k ... :confuse::confuse:

shud hav been more than 8mp :NOTriste:

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

looks like manufacturing defect in n900 !

nokia image is going down !

also if any one want good cam go for digicam, in 35k any one can buy very good zoom cam