Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Rcom To Get Network Benchmarking Study On A Nationwide Scale”.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2009/09/01/stories/2009090151570400.htm

Global telecom services organisation Phi-Metrics and leading global research services provider Nielsen are in the race for Reliance Communications’ initiative of ‘network benchmarking’ study, according to sources close to the development.

Refusing to comment on this development, an RCom spokesperson said the company is in the final stages of short-listing its project partner to launch the study.

Final decision soon

The company is likely to take a final decision on awarding the contract by mid-September. According to him, the project is estimated to cost over Rs 150 crore for a “comprehensive, statistically valid network benchmarking on a nationwide scale”.

RCom, with a consolidated subscriber base of 85 million, is the second largest telecom service provider in the private sector, after Bharti.

Following its entry into the GSM (global system for mobile communications) segment in January this year, and also prompted by the fierce competition engendered by the entry of new players into the market, RCom launched this new project to study and evaluate the quality of coverage, and audio quality as perceived by the end-user. This is in addition to TRAI’s benchmarking criteria aimed at evaluating the operators’ compliance to the minimum set licence parameters on quality of services.

Network accessibility

The findings of the study, which are expected in four-five months, will serve as a measure to judge RCom’s network quality and performance.

“The idea is to benchmark our services against all other service providers in the industry. It will be a yardstick for consumers to identify and associate with the best performing network in the country,” the spokesperson said.

Traditionally, benchmarking of cellular networks was measured primarily on network accessibility and retainability.

However, RCom will study and compare its network quality and performance vis-a-vis other operators through a consumer-perspective of competitive network offering.

The study will be extensive enough to include 5,000 towns and one lakh villages. “This will be scientific and unbiased and will help negate the unintentional bias suffered by operators and in turn help customers make the right choice,” he added.

^^^ wat a waste of 150 crores... Rcom just needs to listen to the woes of their customers and not some jingala company...

:previous:

I agree with Kunal on this. RCOM can garner more info from their customers directly rather than thro' this survey....

:NOTriste::Equivocado:

True, biggest problem of reliance is customer care. My experience with airtel has been really wonderful and amazing. Just yesterday, while looking for my bill data I came across their offer that they have Rs. 78 add on for SMS on post paid, where one get 375 national + Local SMS.

I called CC on 121, they refused that they have any such add on available. I send email to their CC asking for clarification for wrong information on web site. Within total 3 hours, I got 3 calls, they discussed my requirement, from where I got information (then I sent PDF print out of their web page - marking offer made by them on web site) in total 3 hours with 3 calls for discussion, one call to inform that they have activated SMS pack and one call today morning for apology for the inconvinience.

On other hand, I sent mail to reliance CC for presentation of bill to ECS with wrong due date. Its been 5 days - I am yet to get even acknowledgment with complaint reference.

In airtel as soon as you send mail, within hour or so, you get acknowledgment mail along with reference number, one also get SMS of same number. They also mention that within what time CC will address grevience. Usually its 24 or 48 hours (Once they said 72 hours - for their mchek issue - which too was resolved in less than 36 hours). At times makinng complaint to airtel means making own life miserable. They are behind you like dogs till complaint it resolved. Reliance need to learn from airtel for CC atleast. Better they do not learn for network quality.

:previous:

Absolutely true, I agree with you.

RCOM needs to improve a hell of a lot on CC to catch up with Airtel. Otherwise, Airtel will become world's No.1 and RCOM will be last in India... ADA, its time to pay attention to RCOM and not RNRL....:Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

:thumb:....

i think if they just check singal and poor coverage related complaints for 1 month they will come to know how true there ad india's no.1 network is ....

instead they should spend 150 crore in updating network