Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
samir10129

Nokia 1508/1508i Cdma ?

I recently visit www.nokia.co.in and see a new CDMA handset addition on the site. (Nokia 1508/1508i)

But no information of this set on reliance or tata website.

http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-1508-1508i/specifications

1508_front.png

Edited by samir10129
  • Like 1

even iam waiting. for this handset... can any body know when this handset will be available in market... i know our forum has EK SE EK KALAAAKAR IN MOBILE HANDSETS... :Riendo:

even iam waiting. for this handset... can any body know when this handset will be available in market... i know our forum has EK SE EK KALAAAKAR IN MOBILE HANDSETS... :Riendo:

same here, i am also waiting for them to launch the same, as need to change one old nokia handset

I am proud to say that i have this handset nokia 1508 cdma.

I bought this handeset from indonesia. Actually nokia didnot launched this handset in india. This handset launched in some occidental countries like indonesia, malasiya, singapore, philipines etc. I dont know why nokia didnot launched this handset in india.

This handset has some unique features which differs from common nokia handset. E.g

the charging port is not as nokia usally supplies in their set. It is b type usb port, it also act as charging port.

Vibration is quite different as in indian fone.

And so more....

Thanx....

I bought this handeset from indonesia. Actually nokia didnot launched this handset in india. This handset launched in some occidental countries like indonesia, malasiya, singapore, philipines etc. I dont know why nokia didnot launched this handset in india.

This handset has some unique features which differs from common nokia handset. E.g

the charging port is not as nokia usally supplies in their set. It is b type usb port, it also act as charging port.

And so more....

Thanx....

Thats good news, i wish the same can be sourced locally here in India by our Rimweb dealers, as if the pricing is right many will go for the same .

And so more....

Thanx....

Friend

for how much you bought please disclose if you have no objection

Regards

Babulu

Friend

for how much you bought please disclose if you have no objection

One Indian Website quotes Nokia 1508/1508i at Rs 4000 approximate.

Good phone at this price.

Edited by samvenkatesh

Bought a Nokia 1508 from Sangeetha last night, it was the last piece in stock, now i need to put a sim and get a hCC to get the same activated. Paid 2.5k for the same. The phone is slim and is in red color. They even have the nokia 6275 in stock for 6k.

^^^^ 2.5k is indeed a gud price for NOKIA.... i m bit confused with ur sim and hcc card !!!! is this phone sim based or ????

The only problem is the SuperMini battery BL-4C with around 800mAh power only... :NOTriste:

It seems that Nokia India has taken that page down ..

using the phone for reliance from last one week, it works with the reliance cdma sim , performance wise not that bad with low usage battery is lasting around 3 days.

Best part is when i went to web world to get a new sim and get the phone activated, they were amazed to see the phone as they had not seen the handset before.

This Phone is now easily available in Delhi's Web World.

Price is Rs.2600/-

I have seen this mobile few months back in TATA TVS, but not seen nowadays..

Those looking to buy a phone in this price range can alternatively check out Samsung Mpower Muzik 219. It offers additional facilities of expandable memory, vga cam and bluetooth.

:previous:

Very correct suggestion, imho...

Just ordered a samsung guru from ebay,as was in delhi last week and used my friends phone, the battery back up and performance was good. So thought of picking one up.

If I purchase this phone, can I start using it by inserting my existing RCDMA SIM? Or should I visit the nearest web-world for activating it?

I am uncertain about these aspects, please do enlighten me.

:previous:

+50 for you.

http://www.omhworld.com/

is an amazing find my dear friend.

Thanks a lot for highlighting such a comprehensive website maintained by none other than Qualcomm.

It's really a big service for this community.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I came to know Motorola Milestone XT800 as an OMH device only from this website.

As per that site, only Nokia 3806 is OMH based.

Edited by kesav

The website does not mention Nokia 1508. So this phone isn't a OMH based handset?

it is sad Nokia did not introduce CDMA OMH modem 3806 in India!