Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Anupe

Site That Ships Duty Free Stuff To India

Hi guys,

I came across a site that ships goods (below Rs.10,000 value) to India duty free and is delivered to your doorstep. Thought I'd share this info with my fellow RIMwebians. They also ship goods valued more than 10k, but then for those items duty has to be paid. The main attraction I saw here is that you can get them to buy stuff from almost any site (Amazon, ebay etc) and ship it to your home. That is, in case you don't see the said product on their own site or even if its highly priced there and you saw a lower price on another site.

I would recommend you guys to search for your products on the website, then compare it with the pricing on other shopping stores like ebay.in, shopping.indiatimes.com, sify.com, rediff.com etc and then notify the North20.com team with the price difference and they would for sure offer you the best deal. Buy anything in the world from anywhere in India. :)

This is the link to the site : http://www.20north.com/

Check it out

:previous:

Good Find. Useful for those who import small things into India...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A great find dear!!!!

Good for online shoppers.

but have u or anyone else bought anything from/thru the aforementioned website ??

Interesting site. Those who buy from there please leave feedback here.

seems that gifts from abraod are exempted from duty as long as the value is below 10000 as per law ,which is being used by this site

^^^

yes , as per law gifts below 10k are duty free, even if u dont buy from this site

In that case, we can mutually gift each other? Like you gift to dkaile, he gifts to sadikk, sadikk gifts to arun and so on??? Or can we mutually gift to each other like kshah gifts to me and I gift to kshah?

@sadikk,

Nokia 6630 is mentioned on this website, but it is out of stock. Is it the same one which is the only S60 CDMA phone? See here

or am i confused?:Sorprendido:

Edited by KumaarShah

What these site guys are doing I guess, is that they have an office in the US which purchases the item we order for and then "gifts" it to the original purchaser who's paid for it. lol

I like their concept and these words, " Think it. Click it. Buy it!"

:)

s it the same one which is the only S60 CDMA phone?

:Ohhhh:

r u sure there ever was a CDMA s60 phone

Edited by mufaddal_km

Sadikk knows about it, I am unable to search the particular topic in which he has posted about the only S60 CDMA Nokia Phone. Maybe you will be able to locate it.

And a search for 6630 in Nokia.co.in or Nokia.com returns irrelevant results. Maybe they stopped manufacture....

6630 was a concept phone, which never saw the light of the day, so don't even think you may get it.

I read on TE that this site was costly, didn't check myself. Members may want to compare prices with other sites first.

^^^ I think 6630 was a GSM phone... it was in production (not only concept)... It was a good phone after the 6600 series...

i think u guys are confused

nokia 6630 was not a concept phone

nokia 6630 is a very famous gsm s60 phone

it was released in late 2004 and was very very famous for yrs to come ( some of my frends still have it)

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6630-811.php

from what i know nokia never made any s60 cdma phone for IXRTT

nokia might have made s60 tdma for japanese markets , though i m not sure

It was Nokia 6638 S60 CDMA.. which nokia manufactured but never launched.. due to their legal battle with qualcomm.. and break up partnership with Sanyo.... device was FCC approved and was manufacturing while they dump whole CDMA business...

imagine if nokia wud have been making s60 for CDMA... cdma wudve be most alive now..... but nokia got into lobbying with GSM guys and dump it.. instead they start to kill CDMA. and succeeded killing it....

this was most closely watched story by me back in 2005.. (was in touch with Darla mack directly) Muff knows what i am talking here..

Doc u might be full time GSM guy that time... :) but see we are loyal CDMA users.. :D

Wow.. what a de javu..... I miss u 6638 :( (I feel like this baby was victim of husband wife fight and got aborted)

read all documents attached u will love it...

nokia_6638_1.jpg

nokia-6638-tall.jpg

nokia_6638_7.jpg

nokia_6638_9.jpg

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Nokia-6638-phone-p_1232.html

Nokia 6638.pdf

6638_2.pdf

6638_3.pdf

6638_4.pdf

Thanks Sadikk for clearing the air... And yes doc, we are all CDMA loyalists since 2003....:Contento: :Contento: :Contento:, though I will acknowledge that 6630 was indeed a GSM phone....

The phone looks so funny with an antenna...!! But I agree with sadikk, that Nokia lobbyed with GSM guys and killed CDMA altogether...!!

Wat a strategy...

Great info sadik. @Dr. mufaddal: I confused the phone series number (6630/6638), but clearly remembered the rest story :)

Doc u might be full time GSM guy that time... smile.gif but see we are loyal CDMA users.. biggrin.gif

And yes doc, we are all CDMA loyalists since 2003.

yeah

i embraced cdma in 2006 , hence i m a late entrant into the scene

was confused myself as u guys were talking abt 6630 and not 6638

but good to know some things of past

it doesnt matter

cdma is still alive in USA and they are getting cool handsets , palm pre , android , dual mode htc handsets , and i m here to solve them :Riendo:

anybody here bought from the site in the OP ? need reviews !