Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Anil_S

BSNL EVDO ZTE AC8700 (MG 478) on Reliance?

Friends

I have a bsnl evdo zte ac8700 (mg 478), it has been provided to me by my office. At Kolkata there is no evdo by BSNL, with CDMA 1x it is very slow. I can still use the modem on EVDO, when I travel to EVDO locations.

I am able to unl*ck the modem also set to "R-uim if available". When I put a reliance sim in it, it is able to read it, but doen't connect to reliance network. The network connected still remains BSNL.(may be because it still has BSNL PRL)

I would like to use the modem either with BSNL(where evdo is available) or to reliance (where EVDO is not available). I donot want to disturb the modem setting as I have to use it on BSNL also.

It is possible to use this modem on BSNL when there is not RUIM inserted and with Reliance when a RUIM is inserted.

pl help

anil

yes , its very much possible

u can use this modem with reliance 1x data

u need to do some programming for it

i suggest u to contact kshah , who has this modem .

I am also interested to know how to do this. I too have this modem.

Thanks

Working now. The PRL option for RUIM was not enabled. I changed it. Now its working fine

anil

Process is very simple.

01. Connect Modem to USB port (all drivers should be loaded & modem should be working on that port)

02. Go to device manager & find out the port number on which modem is connected.

03. Most of the cases SPC 000000 (six zeros). Connect to CDMA Workshop. Connect to the correct port.

04. under security, send SPC to modem, you will get a message the phone is unlocked.

04 Read from phone, under other change the RUIM config to "R UIM if avail" write to modem & save close CDMA workshop. Remove the modem.

05. Put the RUIM in modem & repeat 01 to 03. Now it should show you the E*N & Min number etc of R UIM.

06. Read from phone.Under Nam change the PRL option to enabled, write to Modem save & close.

You are done

In case the modem doesn't accept SPC 000000, then search for ZTEPST.exe on net download. connect to the correct port, it will read the spc & unlock the modem

Edited by Anil_S

I am planning to buy the BSNL EVDO card, now available for 2100 only, but I may have to shift to Mumbai. In that case, I have a couple of questions:

1. can I discontinue BSNL services and use reliance?

2. How to use reliance on such unlocked card? Just popping in our regular RUIM or getting a new connection from Reliance?

3. And what will be the terrifs?

Just popping in regular RUIM it will work

Reliance will not activate it as a data card on their network. So mobile connection u have to use.

Reilance EVDO will not work only 1x CDMA

Process is very simple.

01. Connect Modem to USB port (all drivers should be loaded & modem should be working on that port)

02. Go to device manager & find out the port number on which modem is connected.

03. Most of the cases SPC 000000 (six zeros). Connect to CDMA Workshop. Connect to the correct port.

04. under security, send SPC to modem, you will get a message the phone is unlocked.

04 under other change the RUIM config to "R UIM if avail" write to modem & save close CDMA workshop. Remove the modem.

05. Put the RUIM in modem & repeat 01 to 04. Now it should show you the E*N & Min number etc of R UIM.

06. Under Nam change the PRL option to enabled, write to Modem save & close.

You are done

In case the modem doesn't accept SPC 000000, then search for ZTEPST.exe on net download. connect to the correct port, it will read the spc & unlock the modem

Will this process make it possible to use the modem with BSNL when there is no RUIM and with Reliance when there is an RUIM inserted ?

Yes, It should

In may case its working that way

Edited by Anil_S

I followed the steps. But it connects with the same credential of BSNL using ZTE Wireless Terminal even when the RUIM is inserted into it. While connected it shows EVDO sign on the ZTE Wireless Terminal.

How to connect to Reliance netconnect ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

im also facing same problem after doing unlocking...

im also facing same problem after doing unlocking...

Initally I also faced the same problem. It reads the Min number etc from R UIM but prl from modem.

You need to connect to CDMA workshop again with R UIM in it. Then read from phone & under nam1, you need to activate PRL option save & closed. Recoonect to modem it should be done ( step number 05 & 06). & you need to give user id & password of reliance not BSNL.

Edited by Anil_S

Is any one having unlocked RUIM OMH enabled model.

i am using bsnl evdo and i tried inserting a rel recr series ruim it is working under 1X

is it even remotely possible to get rel broadband activated on this ruim

it is a OMH ruim

please help me out!!!

if this works i may be able to help dr by reading the parameters from the ruim directly!!

thanks

THIS MODEM DO NOT SUPPORT CONCOCTED PRL SO OMH RUIM WILL REMAIN IN 1X MODE ONLY. SORRY FOR CAPS I DONT KNOW MY PHONE IS LOCKED AND UNABLE CHANGE OR REMOVE CAPS LOCK. I THINK RESET WILL SOLVE CAPS PROBLEM.

@haxpak

thanks

but no maatter what we do

at present its not possible to read hdr PAP from omh , they are locked down and have a password of their own

thanks dr & kshah

but there must be some way to do it definitely?

well i have a fren who owns a webworld

if that info could help plz let me know!!

how about this ?

get an OMH sim , put it in a samsung corby, dial *228 to activate EVDO, then use RUIM in AC 8700.

THIS MODEM DO NOT SUPPORT CONCOCTED PRL SO OMH RUIM WILL REMAIN IN 1X MODE ONLY. SORRY FOR CAPS I DONT KNOW MY PHONE IS LOCKED AND UNABLE CHANGE OR REMOVE CAPS LOCK. I THINK RESET WILL SOLVE CAPS PROBLEM.

What is "CONCOCTED PRL" ???

Process is very simple.

04 Read from phone, under other change the RUIM config to "R UIM if avail" write to modem & save close CDMA workshop. Remove the modem.

05. Put the RUIM in modem & repeat 01 to 03. Now it should show you the E*N & Min number etc of R UIM.

06. Read from phone.Under Nam change the PRL option to enabled, write to Modem save & close.

You are done

Thanks for the details procedure.

Cound you provide link for ZTEPST.exe ? I have searched online already, but could not find anything helping.

kapil@bems.co.in

Lot of info avail in your image than can be misused.

For MTS HDR user is MCC + MNC + MIN No. @evdo.mtsindia.in

HDR Pass is your ESN

for example with the above image

HDR user is 40589XXXXXXXXXX@evdo.mtsindia.in

HDR Pass is XXXXXXXX

this can be entered with the new cdmaworkshop evdo section.

Edited by farookh

@farookh ok so now delete ur post and tell me how to connect to Reliance netwrk using the mts mblaze device.

I kept PRL enabled!

Process is very simple.

You are done

I did the same way but I am not getting Signal. please see attached figure.post-71868-0-33824100-1296149450_thumb.j

Please help me.

^^^^^

I am also facing similar same problem with ZTE Mblaze AC2766. RUIM is read via the modem but cant abl e to to register into the netwrk!!!