Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prafull4u

Activating Tata Number On Nam2

hi friends,

I am using my Mogul for a reliance number and just wanted to activate a TATA prepaid number on NAM2, i completed with the technical part and now it connects to tata and ask for a 14 Digit Activation code.

i went to tata indicom office (richmond road, Bangalore) to my surprise they are not ACTIVATING prepaid connection in non R-UIM based phone :( .. they can activate a postpaid number.... I asked for the KIT with 14 digit code (Like GSK in reliance), but the same was unavailable with them. So guys can anyone help in getting a tata number in my mogul :help: me

i had heard the opposite... what u do, is give them esn no. and tell them to activate it on prepaid without taking the phone to them... take the help of some other tata office or some official over there... then put your phone on nam2 and after it has been activated at their end, you will have to do *228 to download their settings and prl automatically and activate on your phone and that should do it... afaik...pm jabir on the forum if u have to, he's using it like this....

Edited by dkaile

I was using Reliance in Nam1 and Nam2. Now i switched to vrigin.

I done tata working on Nam2 using Handset change card. I purchased a new tata connection and put it in My Nokia 6275 and then i changed to it Nam2 of Mogul using handset change card. Ask for HCC and update here...

Dhiraj and Jabir thanks for the quick reply...

when i last went to tata indicom office i asked them to transfer the number using HCC, but it was also not available with them.. even i checked with local mobile shop but no luck.. they said the card is discontinued for the time being due to network congestion (due to docomo. I have also written to the customer care but no reply till now, its almost a week

will try with the ESN activation.. only if those peole know what a ESN is :P

they asked me about 10 times if the handset is a GSM or CDMA :grin:

will update you abt the result

^

yes, they know very clearly about e$n (at least here in Meerut) and my job was done one 1 mogul in 2 hours flat.... if u get right person, its a 1 hour job... they will only check that esn is clear in their database and activate it... dont worry....but make sure u give them the same e$n that u have changed in ur phone....

Edited by dkaile

same thing happnd to me

these guys here in tataindicom showroom sayin that handset change cards were not available.

i dont have sound knowledge in this

i want to transfer other number into mogul

plz throw some light regarding the same....

thanks in advance.

one more doubt, how to switch between nam1 and nam2???

just give them ur esn

they very well know what esn is

also just be on their head , they will do all procedure in 30mins

they will accept ur esn and issue u a new MIN

feed the MIN to ur phone by dialing ##spc# or ##000000#

in MSID put ur MIN

then dial *228 and select nam

^^ Will be visiting tataindicom office by evening, and ask them to do as you suggested..

Hoping this should work..

but dont tell them u r running phone on reliance

if they come to know this is reliance esn on ur phone , they might not accept it

^

lol..... obviously....

So i went tata indicom office... Got the same reply, HCC is not available, i asked to activate the ESN but they where unaware of any such method.. Postpaid connection can be activated but not a prepaid connection... i talked with the branch manager and asked him abt the ESN method.. the same reply.. he called 2- 3 number for solution but no luck.... he told t-sim to non T-sim esn conversion is not possible for now ......

and yes they asked me if the mobile works with reliance.. :) the answer was obviously no..

so friends any alternate way..... i wanted the prepaid plan by tata 1 rupees per 10 min local and 3 rupees per 10 min STD, any mobile :)