Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Features & Bugs for Lg 7230

I m thinking to upgrade LG RD 2030 with colour camera. Which one to chose between LG and Samsung ???

Edited by manuj27

Yeah 7230 ROCKS for its price

manuj27, please go through the LG forum and its topics to learn more about LG7230. :clap:

Hi guyzzz....

i am a previous gTRAN owner who unfortunately (or fortunately ) lost his mobile. I am planning to go in for the LG RD 7230. Just need the answers to a few questions which i was not able to ascertain from the postings in the forum...

- How is the battery life...realistically for a HEAVYWEIGHT talker

- How many sms's can i store in the cell

- Can i play MP3 files as ringtones? Voice tones are playable! right?

- Can i transfer wallpapers into my phone from the pc sync s/w

- Is the SMS bug actually fixed? or is it going to haunt me like Gtran

- Is the camera (movie recorder) any good - i.e. does it compare to something like a NOKIA 6600

well these r the important ones i guess. Anyone aware of any nasty surprises then please let me know. However I feel the price tag of 9999 makes the phone quite a STEAL.

I know these seem like a lot of questions. But i seem to have learnt from my previous gTRAN experience.

Any response is appreciated....Please Help

What really pisses me off is that the RELIANCE FOLKS don't let you take a live demo of the cell. It's just a dummy piece that they stick into your hands...i guess it would be better stuck up their a*ses

thnx

its a great phone.i am using it simnce a month.only problem is of sms wordwrap feature. and u can not download ringtones from pc .atleast i could not do it.u can dwonlaod it thro' mms.u can play midi files and not mp3

i dont know how many sms can be stored but too many.

it has camcorder which is there in nokia models which are of above 20k .the camera is also good for passport size prints.

voice quality is good

its the best phone with price.

battery life is very good provided u dont use lot of rworld

just for talking it lasts for atleast two days

it has one spare battery which can be used as a standby

it has stereo handsfree.u can listen music thro' rworld nicely with this stereo headset.and what not......

nokia 6600 looks bulky.this is flipphone so it attracts in crowd

it has got infra too

What really pisses me off is that the RELIANCE FOLKS don't let you take a live demo of the cell. It's just a dummy piece that they stick into your hands...

I dont understand ...guys, if they don't want to give a live working demo, why do you want to buy the phone??? When I went to get my RD2030 at a WW about a year back they tried the same with me ...I just said no live demo = no deal! Simple!! I could always go for a GSM. And they quickly gave me demos of all available ...and even unavailable models (like the Samsung b/w)! And then too I wasnt paying a dime as down payment as I was taking it in the shareholder's scheme...

Always beware before the purchse ...no use crying foul after buying! RIM is not bullying us into buying, is it? :clap:

10 second videorecording is no match with nok 6600. no mp3 ring tones, no expansion slots, no sms send to group etc makes it much more inferior then nokia 6600.

quality of picture is i think best amongst all mobile, but not so for movie.

Not meant for heavy sms user, pc sync has problem, as its drivers are defective, still LG is not able to resolve problem. Talk time (80-100 mins) for me with about 48 hours total battery life.

10 second videorecording is no match with nok 6600. no mp3 ring tones, no expansion slots, no sms send to group etc makes it much more inferior then nokia 6600.

quality of picture is i think best amongst all mobile, but not so for movie.

Not meant for heavy sms user, pc sync has problem, as its drivers are defective, still LG is not able to resolve problem. Talk time (80-100 mins) for me with about 48 hours total battery life.

18503[/snapback]

if ur pc sync cd is giving a problme...drop a line to lg help centre. They will send u a new cd which will help u solve the problem. That's what happend with me when I bought the phone. In 3 days I had the new cd with me :-)

Dear all,

I am posting this to help the LG RD7230 phone users. I wasted 2 months in trying to solve the problem, and went up to writing to Mr. Ambani in frustration. That did not help, but what helped was going through the posts on this very forum.

My problem was, I bought LG RD7230 from Reliance, and it came with a CD and data cable. Initially, I was sucessful connecting it to the computer, but never could download the pictures. After some time, the phone refused to connect to the computer even for R-connect. My woes started with that. Went to LG service center in Chembur three times (they gave me version 1.1 CD), but they couldn't help me with my specific problem of connecting the phone to my laptop (Sony Vaio, running Windows XP) via the USB port. Tried everything, and nothing worked. It was frustrating. Couldn't use the Rs. 22000 (the price when I bought it) for anything other than making calls.

The problem is simple. Set the Communication in the phone to USB mode, and not to the 115K data rate. I did try this initially, but some how it didn't work. But with the Version 1.1 drivers, everything works like charm, if you set your communication in the phone settings as USB.

Now I can download pictures, synchronize everything on my computer with the phone, and able to pretty much do everything for which I bought the phone. I am extremely happy with the phone after this. The camcorder facility is also nice (but no sound gets recorded in the video mode), and the pictures are of decent quality (0.3M pixels), when printed.

Thought this information would help other users.

regards,

Ramgopal Rao

Please enlist the features in 7230 over here. i am planning to upgrade to it. if possible pls attach the instruction manual

15934[/snapback]

hi i just bought a rd7230 and more than happy at the price i got along

with cable two batteries, cool deal and a 1Mpixel camera.

i need solution for word wrap problem. sending sms to more than one person at a time.

also if i can assign voice tag or ring tone to phone nos.can i use or download ringtones

apart from Rworld as they ****. as in midi files from my pc.

where can i buy a external flash for this phone.

please make my usage of this phone from wonderful to the best.

Hi vandie

I too recently bought this phone ( 2 days ago). Unfortunately there seems to be no solution to the two problems you mentioned about ie. the word wrap and the assign ringtone. at least for the moment there is no solution. as far as the ringtone thing is concerned, thereis a way using bitpim, but i could not download bitpim. i dont know how and from where i can do that. there is also a way, as described by code for sending ringtones using 1st smtp server. the ringtone can be heard but can not be saved in 7230. I think the veterans of this thread (7230), Lokesh and Niket can help on this Ringtone issue. Bythe way were u able to upload pics from ur PC using th link starter? what format are they to be in so they can be stored?

Edited by tanveer

Tanveer,

I heared that your pc link problem is solved. gr8

One thing I want to say.. yesterday i bought LSI-110 FWP.

and downloaded drivers , r-connect software for that phone.

link is http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/RCZip...lsi_110_usb.zip

this version includes ver3.8 of lg usb drivers. the same drivers works with my lg 7230 with out any problem.. works better than included with Box Pack Ver.3.0

What is the message thatis displayed on the external LCD when connected to the PC using PC Sync. In my case it reads, "Exchanging data reset after job". After the process is over, the phone switches off and then onn. Is it so with all the people or is there some seting that can be modified and changed?

Hi ,

I am an user of RD 5130 and wan't to upgrade to a camera phone .I was looking at RD 7230 which seems to be good but many sites where posting that it has lot of bugs .can someone give me an honest review of the same . Also I would like to know that if I wan't to xchange my old mobile how much xtra downpayment I have to make ???? what is the price of LG RD 7230 for reliance users ?

BTW are there any better models getting launched in the near future ?

Please do reply as m in a decision making mood .

Thanks