Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolboyashok

Some Questions On Palm Pre

dear frds i m planning for buying a palm pre cdma on reliance but io have some questions for this handset

(1)push mail support for gmail and yahoo?

(2)Multi Touch Screen and Multi tasking?

(3)instant messenger(push)?

(4)Mail attachment support?

(5)JAVA and FLASH support?

1- YES

2- YES

3-YES

4-YES

5- NOT SURE , didnt get time to check

dear frds i m planning for buying a palm pre cdma on reliance but io have some questions for this handset

(1)push mail support for gmail and yahoo?

(2)Multi Touch Screen and Multi tasking?

(3)instant messenger(push)?

(4)Mail attachment support?

(5)JAVA and FLASH support?

Same answer as doctor said. But would like to add that its very user friendly size, KB is little small but can live with it. Gestures are really really good. SO is screen resolution...

I really liked this handset.

^^ Kalpakji, I would request you to write a small writeup on the pre... like advantages... cons... etc.. just a small write up, since you are already having and using.. it would be beneficial for many.. :)

^^ Kalpakji, I would request you to write a small writeup on the pre... like advantages... cons... etc.. just a small write up, since you are already having and using.. it would be beneficial for many.. :)

Man... Palm Pre is a killer... Only if u know how to crack it.... The piece is mind blowing... It sure will give Bberry Storm a complex... nd with the slider.. nd qwerty pad... its better than Iphone too... all u need to do is catch a right person to help u unlock Pre on CDMA - Reliance.... You tube is filled with Reviews... and it boils down to only one thing.. Get it fast....

^

no, dont get it fast.... wait for a month and the prices will go south... as many new phones launching....

Hai does this beauty work on Reliance. I am getting crazy

^^^

yes i made it on reliance

read my signature

• Like 2

^^^

yes i made it on reliance

read my signature

Wow! this is very good news.

So are all features working? Were you also able to get Data to work?

Also, are you also using the approahc used by adactuslatem in Palm Pre Comprehensive Guide for switching carriers?

Now I need to figure out how to get the Pre.

~cheers

yes data is working

and it took me lot more than simply following posts on mobile files

• Like 1

Doc, I have a few queries:

1. How dependable is the calling/recieving calls function - like in my palm treo 755p i have occassional issues (once every 2-3 days) when I have to reset the radio else it will be inaccessible to all callers or I wont be able to make calls. Is there any such thing with Pre also or is it really really perfect like simple nokia phones ?

2. How do i get it ? Sadik's site (cellwala) says its only on prebooking - Any idea how many days will it take to get it in hand from him ? Alternatively, do you also have any units for sale ? or some one else with current stock ?

3. Finally, from where ever I buy I have to contact you for getting it to work on reliance - correct ? or will sadik also do the reliance solution.

4. Between original reliance HTC diamond or blackberry 8330 and palm pre (sprint etc) which one would you recommend ?

Thanks a lot for you continued support on this forum. Almost every query i read is replied by you. Must take up a lot of your time i guess.

:previous:

1) till now i have only programmed pre for other people , i havent used it as such for calls so i cant comment unless i use it myself for calls

2) i know few people who have brand new units for sale u can mail me for details

3) i will certainly try to help u with programming

4) palm pre looks awesome , its small , cute and sleek

i have one unit in my hands now , check the pic of it

it certainly looks better than diamond and far better than 8330

besides 8330 is a dud , u cant even use data on it

http://mufaddal_km.fileave.com/IMAG0002.jpg

http://mufaddal_km.fileave.com/IMAG0003.jpg

^^^ I totally agree with u... Diamond looks old in front of the pre.. :)

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have few questions of my own. I tried reading the thread on things to know before buying a Palm Pre, but I really did not understand much as I am technically challenged. :sos:

1. Can I buy Palm Pre in the US from Sprint and get that to work here in India? If yes, are there anythings I need to keep in mind before ordering one?

2. Is there a GPS receiver in this or does this have a A-GPS i.e. GPS will not function if there is no network.

3. I need to use this phone for Reliance, I assume this can be done?

4. WiFi/Internet/etc features can be used right?

5. Amongst the list of features available on Palm's website, how many features do no work if I have to use this phone over Reliance?

For now I have only these questions, will have a few more once the above questions have any sort of solutions :)

*Bump*

Any answers available for my previous questions?

1. Can I buy Palm Pre in the US from Sprint and get that to work here in India? If yes, are there anythings I need to keep in mind before ordering one?

read the forum properly this has been answered lot of times

2. Is there a GPS receiver in this or does this have a A-GPS i.e. GPS will not function if there is no network.

by default it has agps , that means it will work with data , but i have hacked it to be autonomous as well , so u can use both gps as well as agps

sad part is there arent navigational softwares rite now except google maps

I need to use this phone for Reliance, I assume this can be done?

u still need an ans for this

WiFi/Internet/etc features can be used right?

yes

Amongst the list of features available on Palm's website, how many features do no work if I have to use this phone over Reliance?

everything works except evdo offcourse

• Like 1

does this have an fm hardware lik the tp2 and can be activated thro some tweaks??

thanks hari.

also there was some doubt bot text msg forwarding.some1 said we cand forward a text msg.is it true??

:previous: no..we can forward sms...patch is been released.

As its mentioned earlier like WEBOS is a new OS..so initially lot of features wont be thr..but the developers are releasing Patches everyday which covers almost all the functionalities we require. these patches can be installed through WEBOS quickinstaller which a freeware.

Also one more feature in the sms is its just like we talk in gtalk..I have attached a screenshot...It shows AIM chat but sms is also the same..the UI is same.

@SUMATRIX..if u r moving to PRE..ur expreience will be really amazing with PRE..that i can assure.. :winko:

post-18792-125804159665_thumb.jpg

ok.got it.were did u get ur pre from?? sadikk ?? or from ur personel source. i have got some positive reviews bout pre.also do u have a soln for pre??

it seems there is an externel FM receiver too for palm pre.saw some on ebay usa..

I've decided to go for the Palm Pre after much deliberation.

Just a few questions regarding procuring the Pre. Two of my friends are returning from the US and Canada, the one returning from Canada is returning earlier. In Canada the Pre is sold through Bell and in the US through Sprint.

- Can I get the Bell supplied phone to work here?

- If answer to the above question is no, then from Sprint I can buy the phone with a plan, as buying just the phone is more expensive by about 400$. So I can get the phone under the minimum monthly rental plan.

Should I go ahead?

I have hacked the junk out of the Pre,... WiFi activation in ROM, replaced default wallpaper in ROM, added wallpaper in ROM, changed banner... ( MSL unlock, PRL update, NAM update - last three via my custom software and working on rebuilding iPKG's for automated install after ROM update, broken the forced autoupdates, removed carrier apps from rom, blah blah blah I have even written an ESN Converter for use in WebOS.

Here is the question... anyone interested in ditching the WebOS interface for a regular desktop? I have ran linux on Treo devices with full desktop... I want to do the same thing on the Pre.

hi to everyone

i just want to know

1. automatic call recording is possible?

2. gps navigation without data is possible?

3. group sms ?