Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SUDYEcaZ

What Are Your Views On Per Sec Billing

I really don't think per sec billing will stay for long..

not unless termination charge is phased out or done on sec basis....

its just the way to add the churn....

this churn is assumed to move within a year for a better offer...

so the companies can claim such offer for lifetime....

RCOM-CEP,

just a way to add churn and add subscriber to get additional spectrum..

once they got required addition, no good offer comming up.....

Airtel/voda..

never comes with such offers, they believe in retaining high usage customer

and thus both of them enjoy highest ARPU in the industry

Same goes true for Aircel...

they can never come with pay per sec billing in Tamil Nadu...or in circles where they operate since long

I really don't think per sec billing will stay for long..

not unless termination charge is phased out or done on sec basis....

its just the way to add the churn....

this churn is assumed to move within a year for a better offer...

so the companies can claim such offer for lifetime....

RCOM-CEP,

just a way to add churn and add subscriber to get additional spectrum..

once they got required addition, no good offer comming up.....

Airtel/voda..

never comes with such offers, they believe in retaining high usage customer

and thus both of them enjoy highest ARPU in the industry

Same goes true for Aircel...

they can never come with pay per sec billing in Tamil Nadu...or in circles where they operate since long

Customer is the king bro....

If he thinks that per sec billing is good for him , he may shift from airtel/voda the day no. portability comes.

As far as i m concerned, it cud altleast save me 100-200 rs. in my bill. So, why not?

Earlier even I subscribed to the view that per second billing was an introductory offer and would be phased out automatically as and when the newer operators gain subscriber base and improve their networks. But MTS has totally changed my view. MTS is offering per second tariff with lifetime tariff validity.

Now even Aircel has joined the bandwagon. BSNL's entry was a surprise. I agree that Aircel and BSNL are not offering per second tariff validity for lifetime.

This only makes me think that either termination costs are significanty lower than the maximum prescribed by TRAI, or operators have got into agreements with each other on "per second" basis and looting customers in the process by charging per minute.

I have heard that in Pune DOCOMO sim's are not available...

dealers r saying that plan is going to change and thats why unavailability

can some1 confirm

AFAIK, I think the interconnect charges are not on a per minute basis, but they are on a per second basis. Otherwise Tata DoCoMo would have gone bankrupt instantly. The interconnect charges are paid on the total number of seconds one operator uses the other operators system for terminating the call there. Correct me if I am wrong, I read it somewhere on this very forum - maybe a couple of years back. And digging out the old posts is something which is very difficult now with the new IPB version. I faintly remember it was in the post about Tata Indicom's (not Tata DoCoMo) per second billing.

Got something very old related to IUC.. Can this be the reason for making per-second billing profitable?

Proposed IUC regime to be based on bandwidth. Termination & carriage costs will be eliminated

• Operators hooking on to another player’s network will have to pay for the port’s capacity in one go

Once the operator has paid the one-time charge, he keeps the revenue and does not have to share it

• Trai to set up an expert committee to study the issue and will soon come up with a consultation paper

From http://www.financialexpress.com/news/trai-to-overhaul-interconnect-charges-regime/165580/

When tata cdma was introduced they too came up with per second pulse and later changed to minute. Prepaid offers has no value, what matters in post paid, where operators has to commit themselves.

Also according to me lifetime validity is an eye wash. They do not offer life time validity of a tariff.

Ì would like to prefer per second billing. Why a customer should pay for a minute for a call that will took only 30 or less one minute? Now a days here in Zain Bahrain all international calls are charging per second rates. that is very handy, even some Voip call providers are doing the same.

Also according to me lifetime validity is an eye wash. They do not offer life time validity of a tariff.

AFAIK, only RGSM offers lifetime validity on tariffs with RCV 31 with all local calls at 50ps and all STD calls at Re1 and you can also use RCV 15 to further reduce your onnet call charges also. And if you want still lower STD rates, use STD packs like 75, 145, 285 etc, all these without affecting your LT tariff validity.

Tata DoCoMo still does not offer any LT validity on tariffs. Their website still says introductory offer, which can be withdrawn at any time - though competition can still deny them this action.

I still prefer 1 sec. billing coz why to pay more if the calls gets end with in a min or even if you talk for more than 1 min. say 1 min 10sec. you would charged accordingly. Hope TRAI should reduced termination charges & all the providers should come up with 1 sec. billing.

I recollect paying a per sec pulse when I used calling cards when I was abroad. It is definitely more advantageous. Also I think it is here to stay. There are far too many operators coming in to play, unlike the yesteryears when the market settled after 1 new player. I think with higher number of players the competition is only going to get fiercer.

Operators have long been settling termination charges on the basis of total accumulated seconds. I have read it long back in one of the TRAI papers and had also posted it here on RIMweb.

@puneet

Could you please post that link again? Couldn't find by searching!

Edited by srk006

Will have to go through the whole lot of TRAI documentation and ruling, don't know if I have the drive any more. It used to be my favorite time pass a few years ago.

Tata Docomo STD 1p/sec offer is introductory & they are reverting back to default 2p/sec. Thats why all distributors have blocked sim supply. As i have read in their website also that only std is introductory offer not local.