Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tejkumar

Review Of Spice D6666

Design: Sharp edges, keyboard is not very handy. Big in size because of its 2.4" screen.

Screen: Very less viewing angle. If u tilt handset the screen becomes shaded.

Sound: Good quality. Loved FM and audio player. Nice UI. FM recoding works great

Sim Cards: This phone is good for GSM users. The slave cdma/gsm sim has very less functionality.

Audio Player: UI is great. Audio player can keep only 128 songs in playlist. Also it is mandatory to store all songs in "My Music" folder. Music in subfolders will not be detected.

SMS: Group SMS can be send from Master card and not from Slave sim. T9 dictionary handles only one combination of specific keys. e.g press 2273 gives "base" but no way to change to "care".

GPRS: Only works for GSM master sim. Opera also works for GSM only.

Java: Can install java games / software's.

Battery: It is 1000mAh battery but still needs daily recharge. Ruins fast.

Camera: Works fine in daylight. But in night mode images are not of good quality. No digital zoom.

Video: Player and recorder both work great.

Apps: Backup Contacts is very good and handy.

Memory: Internal memory of 8MB. Works fine with loaded 4 GB memory card. No hanging issue (as of now)

Outlets:Single All-in-one outlet for charger, headphone and USB cable.

Extras: Call filter, private menu, mobile tracker etc functions well.

good you bought it finally

• Like 1

thanks a lot Tejkumar, for your detailed review.

Three more questions:

1.If we want to connect this mobile to laptop and access the interent, would it possible (though speed would be less, just want to know from feasibility point of view

2.Can we acess any website or only WAP?

3. Have u seen Fly DS440 (in the same range), but have EDGE facility with similar feature. Any comment on FLY handset

Best regards,,

Vitthal

Hi vitthal,

1. Internet connection is possible using pc/laptop through Master GSM sim's GPRS setting.

2. U can access any website on handset using Opera mini or on PC after connection.

3. I think DS440 is just launched.. earlier it was not listed on fly website. feature wise both phones looks same except EDGE.. u can go for Fly depending on your requirements. and dont forget to share your reviews on Fly DS440 :)

this DS440 add looks great http://www.flyphone.in/images/company/collateral/full/ds440.jpg

Edited by tejkumar

Unfortunately due to some software problem, there was a continuous white display coming on my handset.. So I went to service center.. they gave me letter for getting the handset replaced from dealer.. But dealer is out of stock now :Decepcionado:

So waiting for new handset..

can more users of this phone post your reviews and performance

Good review,

Can some one upload live screen shots.

Unfortunately due to some software problem, there was a continuous white display coming on my handset.. So I went to service center.. they gave me letter for getting the handset replaced from dealer.. But dealer is out of stock now :Decepcionado:

So waiting for new handset..

Hi Tej kumar

I think spice has given good response and easily agreed to replace the phone.Were it nokia they will make you drain your energy and money in waiting and making multiple visits to service centre but never agree to replace the set.

BTW Did you get your phone replaced with new phone now .how is it working ?

Not yet.. The dealers in Pune are still out of stock :NOTriste:

Yes.. it is good that they will replace my handset but not sure when...

In hyderbad I tried for the handset in many places but it is not available.I dont know why spice is not keeping stock

Not yet.. The dealers in Pune are still out of stock :NOTriste:

Yes.. it is good that they will replace my handset but not sure when...

Hi Tej Kumar,

Me too faced same problem after purchasing Spice D-6666 handset from Pune (telephone shopee, Kotharud).. i immediately went to shop (with in 2hrs from purchasing) and got a new 1 replaced !! :-)

Initially I thought that the new 1 also may die, hence tried the same steps ;-) but nothing happened !! :-D

but the bad thing is this software still get hang while ENDING CALLS....

recently i got an international call, i the moment i received it with headset profile.. it got hanged.. in such cases the only option is RESTART it :-(

Design: Sharp edges, keyboard is not very handy. Big in size because of its 2.4" screen.

Screen: Very less viewing angle. If u tilt handset the screen becomes shaded.

Sound: Good quality. Loved FM and audio player. Nice UI. FM recoding works great

Sim Cards: This phone is good for GSM users. The slave cdma/gsm sim has very less functionality.

Audio Player: UI is great. Audio player can keep only 128 songs in playlist. Also it is mandatory to store all songs in "My Music" folder. Music in subfolders will not be detected.

SMS: Group SMS can be send from Master card and not from Slave sim. T9 dictionary handles only one combination of specific keys. e.g press 2273 gives "base" but no way to change to "care".

GPRS: Only works for GSM master sim. Opera also works for GSM only.

Java: Can install java games / software's.

Battery: It is 1000mAh battery but still needs daily recharge. Ruins fast.

Camera: Works fine in daylight. But in night mode images are not of good quality. No digital zoom.

Video: Player and recorder both work great.

Apps: Backup Contacts is very good and handy.

Memory: Internal memory of 8MB. Works fine with loaded 4 GB memory card. No hanging issue (as of now)

Outlets:Single All-in-one outlet for charger, headphone and USB cable.

Extras: Call filter, private menu, mobile tracker etc functions well.

Regarding Camera I found that the digital zoom is only available for only small resolution like 240 or 320.. above 640 its not available :-(