Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sadikk

Blackberry Tour 9630 Aka Niagara Launched with Reliance

Blackberry Tour2(Essex) now has number "Blackberry 9650"

BlackBerry Tour users are going to be a bit mad knowing that the latest handset coming from RIM, the new BlackBerry Tour2 9650 or as some call it, the new BlackBerry Essex, is close to being released on the market. Having a similar design with the previous model except for the new trackpad to replace the old trackball which by the way “works great, just as you’d expect”, the new Tour2 has found its way to our good friends from BGR who have done a quick review of the handset.

Other than looks, BlackBerry Tour2 borrows the much faster processor in the Storm2 to make sure the lag time experienced with the older model is now history. On top of that it comes bundled with WiFi connectivity and BlackBerry’s amazing QWERTY keyboard that facilitates navigation.

Release date or price details haven’t been confirmed yet, but word is that Verizon will carry the new BlackBerry Tour2 9650 sometime early 2010

source :: http://www.devicemag.com/2009/12/24/blackberry-tour2-9650-breaks-cover-quick-review-available/

New Features

1) WiFi

2) Trackpad replacing Trackball

3) New faster processor to remove the lag time experienced in Blackberry Tour

Abhi tak tour ka koi ata pata nahi hai indian market mein (pricing wise), aur US mein toh tour2 bhi aa gaya... Sadikk r u listening??

what is OMH Handset.i also see that some samsung handsets also mention OMH enabled?

sorry got the answer via google.OMH mean Open Market Handset

Edited by rahulmalik_81

lol

blackberry will never be OMH

BlackBerry Tour2 9650 Coming to Verizon Feb. 3?

According to an unnamed Verizon employee the BlackBerry Tour2 (code named Essex) has appeared in their Celebrite system for transferring data between phones. Last week, "dummy" units of the BlackBerry Tour2 showed up in Verizon's inventory. The BlackBerry Tour2 has appeared in sneak peaks and here are the details we've be able to round-up:

• The trackball has been replaced with a trackpad that works well.

• It's about the same size as the original BlackBerry Tour.

• It has a faster processor, the same as the BlackBerry Storm2, which makes it run faster.

• The BlackBerry Tour2 9650 has Wi-Fi.

• The bottom row of keys is slightly shorter than the original BlackBerry Tour.

• Better camera. (Some forum members have suggested that to compete with other smartphones it should be 5 MP.)

• An forum member believes he saw the Sprint version of the BlackBerry Tour2 in a Sprint store. The rep told him that the price will be $50 with a contract.

• Different green call key.

• The BlackBerry 9650 has shown up in Sprint's cataloging system.

Rumors originally suggested that the BlackBerry Tour2 would be ready in late January, or for the holiday rush. Recent rumors suggest a release date of February 3. Often Verizon will start the sale of smartphone on a Wednesday, that could be the date. We don't know if or when it will qualify for the Buy One BlackBerry Get Any Free BlackBerry or Device deal. Then when you buy one BlackBerry Tour2, you can get another BlackBerry or mobile broadband device for FREE. Therefore you could buy a BlackBerry Tour2 and get a free netbook (with a contract.)

The good news is that if you are a heavy voice user and want unlimited calls, you can get unlimited calling wit the new Verizon $69.99 a month plan.

Source :: http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com/2010/01/tour-of-blackberry-tour2-9650-coming-to-verizon-feb-3.html

BlackBerry 9650 Tour Visual Voicemail Leaked, Heralds Verizon Release?

A clever tester has spotted the installation file for the Visual Voicemail app for the upcoming (but unannounced) BlackBerry (NSDQ: RIMM) 9650 Tour, also known as the Essex. If you’re quick, you can nab it now before it gets taken down, though unless you’re some leet haxxzor who can look around in the code and find something useful, odds are you won’t be able to do much with it.

The BlackBerry 9650 will essentially be an updated Tour, including a trackpad and Wi-Fi, and though it hasn’t been officially announced, it’s only pseudo-secret. Sprint (NYSE: S)’s CEO acknowledged it openly, and pictures of the device have been making the rounds for some time now. BlackBerry’s official Facebook page even said the new Tour was coming soon. As far as specifications are concerned, we can expect that they’ll largely be identical to the existing Tour: 3.2 megapixel camera, 256 MB of memory, GPS, HVGA display, and the usual BlackBerry amenities.

It’s a good thing that the Tour is getting updated with a trackpad, because the old one had a terrible record with trackball failures, and the lack of Wi-Fi put a real crimper on my enjoyment of the original phone. We don’t have any fresh information on an actual launch date, but it seems like things are reaching a critical mass, at both RIM and the carriers (Sprint and Verizon (NYSE: VZ)).

Source :: http://www.intomobile.com/2010/02/05/blackberry-9650-tour-visual-voicemail-leaked-heralds-verizon-release.html

I hope the qualcomm chipset used inside the 9650 is OMH complaint.

We have been seeing little leaks about devices such as the new tour 9650 and the BlackBerry Pearl 9100. These leaks are leaving us to believe that those devices are very close to being released.

However those two devices aren’t the only thing from RIM that we are waiting to be released. We are waiting on RIM the release their Twitter client, and looks like we are getting closer to that release as well.

Today over at in the Crackberry forums a member named Rajrani posted a picture of an advertisement that RIM is showing in India. On the advertisement RIM actually says you can stay connected with Twitter. Now RIM isn’t going to advertise you being able to do something that isn’t their own application, so that means they can only be talking about their own Twitter application.

Hopefully we will see the BlackBerry tour 9650, BlackBerry Pearl 9100, and the BlackBerry Twitter client all around the same time and let’s hope it’s very soon!

source :: http://www.berryreporter.com/2010/02/10/blackberry-already-advertising-their-twitter-client-in-india/

Sadikk, can you please help me with loading this reliance evdo prl on an imported verizon 8830 ? I am about to get it from a friend and would like to use evdo on it if possible( or atleast calls/sms with normal 1x )

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

Got my BB 8830 on 1XEV..

also Sprint 8830 on 1xev...

:)

How does 1xEv activation help on Sprint, without BIS ?

Blackberry 9650 Tour2 aill now be called as Blackberry Bold.

RIM Should Say 'Ta-Ta, Tour — Bonjour, Bold'

It's no surprise that BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) has up its sleeve a successor to the popular BlackBerry Tour 9630 smartphone; images and details on the as-of-yet unannounced device, codenamed "Essex," hit the Web late last year.

This new BlackBerry, initially thought to be the "BlackBerry 9650" or "Tour2," is an upgraded version of the original Tour 9630, and it replaces the first device's problematic trackball with RIM's new optical trackpad. It also will reportedly sport Wi-Fi and a beefed-up processor.

And today is looks as though that new Tour just may be RIM's next BlackBerry Bold 96xx/97xx smartphone...and I think that's a much better idea than releasing another BlackBerry Tour. I'll get to an explanation shortly, but first, some background.

I started hearing rumblings about the Tour2 being officially named "Bold" a number of weeks ago from BlackBerry-sources on Twitter. (There are currently two models of BlackBerry Bold: the BlackBerry Bold 9000 and the Bold 9700.) At first, I blew the rumors off like dust on my smartphone's LCD. Why, I thought, would RIM want to further confuse BlackBerry users by introducing the Tour name and then doing away with it so quickly? (The original Tour was released in the United States last July.)

But sure enough, those same rumors kept popping up. I began to consider reasons why it might make sense for RIM to add this new device to its Bold lineup. And everything clicked into place.

I've written about RIM's confusing device naming-conventions before--think: Curve 83xx, Curve 85xx and Curve 89xx. And I even blasted the title "Tour" as soon as it became known it would be the name of RIM's 9630 device.

But despite RIM's strange device-naming strategy, it's actually quite simple to look at any of the company's "new" handhelds and determine which model-line they belong to. That's due to one single device characteristic: The BlackBerry keyboard.

All BlackBerry Curve devices have the exact same keyboard-style regardless of their model numbers; every BlackBerry Pearl handheld has the same style keyboard; RIM's Storm and Storm2 devices both use on-screen "SurePress" keyboards; and RIM's two Bold devices both have very similar, "fretted" keyboards.

source :: http://www.pcworld.com/article/190087/rim_should_say_tata_tour_bonjour_bold.html

I hope Blackberry is keenly working on to make it OMH based Dual mode 3G phone.

Now Blackberry Bold 9650 seen in U.S. cellular rebate form

The BlackBerry Bold 9650 continues to pop up as its launch is rumored to be nearing. So far its made an appearance on Sprint order forms, Verizons inventory systems and even some live images. This time around the Bold 9650 popped up on a U.S. Cellular rebate form set to go out tomorrow, April 16th.

Now that three CDMA carriers are showing signs of the Bold 9650 I wonder who will launch it first. Looks like it might be a tight race.

Anyone with U.S. Cellular plan on getting the Bold 9650? Check out the full rebate form after the jump or the 9650 Archives for more info.

We pray this piece to be OMH complaint when released in India

source :: http://blackberryrocks.com/2010/04/15/blackberry-bold-9650-u-s-cellular-rebate-form-rumor/

Edited by kesav

:thumb:
  • Like 1

Finally & Finally Blackberry Bold 9650 hits market on May 1st.

It's one of the most awaited phone in the history of blackberry. Simply for its global nature. Supports HSDPA & EVDO.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A BGR source reports that RIM will introduce the BlackBerry Bold 9650 for Verizon on May 1 at WES. The device will go on sale immediately after the launch. The Sprint version of the device will follow shortly thereafter in a matter of days. There’s no word on pricing yet, but chances are it will retail for $199.99 with a standard 2-year agreement.

source :: http://www.cooltechzone.com/2010/04/19/blackberry-bold-9650-expected-at-wes-available-may-1/

Hope Indian Launch is not too far.

We pray that this phone would be OMH complaint when it's launched in India.

We pray that this phone would be OMH complaint when it's launched in India.

why do people expect so much !!!

OMH and blackberry ??

blackberry never provide ruim slot for cdma just like all imported sets

no is injected always

so no OMH will happen in blacberry

arey wah, someone has given my post a negative feedback.. lolz... didnt know that a small :thumb: would want someone to give a negative feedback to me.. :)

^

Anything can happen on rimweb now dayz!

^^ so true mate... (off topic) Sumitji, Ive been trying to contact ur number since yesterday.. I also pmed u.. But no reply.. u busy these days??

^^^ Maybe someone took it as a finger..tongue.gif

Blackberry Bold 9650 to have new OS(5.0.0.643) and extra memory(512 MB).

The BlackBerry Bold 9650, a refresh on the old Tour which was seeming to add only a trackpad and Wi-Fi, will also be including RIM’s first bump up to 512 MB of application memory. The most recent BlackBerrys, dating back to the original Tour, had 256 MB, which, though nice, was still not quite enough for those who avidly downloaded through the on-device App World. Kicking things up a notch will do good things for the overall experience, and will cut down on the amount of time we sit staring at an hourglass, waiting for memory to be cleared out.

The Bold 9650 has been in the works for awhile, and will likely look a lot like the original Tour, like have a 3.2 megapixel camera, HVGA display, 3.5 mm headphone jack, microSD memory card slot, and run on EV-DO 3G, with the option for dual-band HSPA. All of that’s more or less in the air, but with WES right around the corner, and a bundle of handsets in the wings, we may be seeing the BlackBerry

source :: http://www.intomobile.com/2010/04/22/blackberry-bold-9650-launching-with-512-mb-of-memory.html

After yesterday’s Verizon release of the official OS 5.0.0.591 for the Blackberry Tour 9360, we now are getting prepared to test the OS 5.0.0.643 for the Blackberry Bold 9650 which apparently has been leaked on the Web and made available to download.

Since this is not an official release, we have no official data on the changes and improvements on the OS for this version. If you are willing to take the risk and install the new OS by yourself, you can find the leaked OS 5.0.0.643 here.

source :: http://toppayingideas.com/blog/2010/04/21/blackberry-bold-9650-os-5-0-0-643-leaked-for-download/

thanks for update, any guess when it will be launched ?? only god knows that when inducted in reliance family( atleast when stock of 9630 ends)

not for us very soon

GPS working on BB Tour! It works with google maps. I didnt see any announcements regarding that.