Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mufaddal

How To Get Data On Palm

thats an excellent guide muffy....If i had my PRE i could try that...lack of vitamin M !!!!

But thanks muffy...it will surely help ppl like me to program PRE..

Dr. Ur Genuis Good Work

another very useful post ( as usual from Dr Muffadal ) :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Dr.Gagan

excellent... :clap::clap:

one more question? can this be done on any PRE brought from the US.. as I am planning to get one from one of my cousins?

:signthankspin: in advance..

^^^

yes

this can be done on any pre , provided all necessary programming has been done on it ie voice and sms are working

same method will work for tata as well

• Like 2

Thanx.... a lot Doc for all the help....i really appreciate your patience....:)......am sure the rt thing required for a Ped's Doc too:)....thnx a lot once again:)...on giving in ur valuable advice :)....

Hi,

I am quite new to CDMA and also to palm pre, been contemplating gettin it, hav been a gsm user always but been thinkin of goin in for pre cdma jst coz i wanna give it a shot, i am aware that pre gsm version is also due for launch next week , but am sure it will b expensive and the cdma version is available for around 300$ on ebay us, which seems a gr8 deal..

only thing i wanna b sure of before i buy it is tht i b able to make it work 100% on relaince and all it features would work 100%.

I mailed Dr aswell an called him on his google voice but seems he's busy, neways i hope i would get reples here an help once i buy it..

thnx an also if u ppl can suggest me good tutorials for unlocking or makin it work in india do let me knw .

also is the data speed decent on relaince ?

thnx guys lookin forward to replies :)

^^^

palm pre works fully on reliance , all proof is in front of u

all features work , except sprint specific features like sprint tv , sprint navigation

But the internet connects for all the time..and now iam loosing calls...

so how to make it connect and disconnect..just like in windows mobile..

go to phone dialer >>preferences>> data usage >>on/off

Thanks muffy...i got an application from PRE CENTRAL to make it on and off....

Muffy..I need a help for enabling on screen keyboard..plz help..

^^^

its simple

1) first update ur pre to webos 1.2.1 , use the update application on palm pre , it will download update ota and install it , its completely safe

2) go to precentral and download and install webos quick install 2.7 on ur pc

3) turn on developer mode on ur pre and connect to pc and start webos quick install

4) download and install ( from webos feeds ) package manager service and then download and install preware

5) now with preware u can install all homebrew apps and patches ( its just like cydia of iphone )

6) open preware on ur pre and go to patches and install virtual keyboard

7) from hence forth use preware for all ur hacks and patches

if any new patch or app is updated u will be notified

its that easy

mpt d userserial

1. Minor spelling mistake, it should be: mpt d userial

Just in case someone doesn't check mpt cmd options and just keeps trying userserial.

2. And the pre drivers inf files needed following edits,before windows would agree to install them:

Open "qcmdm.inf" in a text editor (notepad) and change the "%PreModem%" (under [Models]) from Rev_0216 to
Rev_0316
. Save the file and close.

Open "qcser.inf" in a text editor and change the "%PreDiag01%" (under [QcomSerialPort]) from Rev_0216 to
Rev_0316
. Save the file and close.

(
)

Data is now working again after update to 1.4. Thanks Muffy.

I had updated to 1.4.1.1 (sprint webosdoctor image) as suggested by muffy but couldn't get past the palm profile screen so used the treo8 rom link in 3D apps topic to downgrade to 1.4. at which point data became unusable and had to use qpst as per muffy's post.

Would like to go to 1.4.1.1 if you someone can suggest something to bypass palm profile as this 1.4 seems to keep my phone in and out of network. Also how to change banner to Reliance ? And why is there an R symbol next to signal strength ?

Edited by ami1

^^^

to change banner name also i had posted a guide in palm section

I had updated to 1.4.1.1 (sprint webosdoctor image) as suggested by muffy but couldn't get past the palm profile screen so used the treo8 rom link in 3D apps topic to downgrade to 1.4. at which point data became unusable and had to use qpst as per muffy's post

well what u need to do is

use the 1.4.1.1 rom from treo8 site

it has profile bypass

Done Pixi with same method !!!

Thanks a Lot  :signthankspin:

I am unable to get the UTS... login work on my Pre. My mobile no as login/pass works fine.

I have used the UTS.. login on my Treo for a long time so I am sure i am putting the login/pass correctly, but I never get the 1X icon on Pre.

Does UTS.. work for anyone else on Pre/Pixie ?

Also, am i correct that using the UTS.. thing we get RWorld (billed on data use) while using mobile no we get RConnect (billed on minutes connected), so rworld would be cheaper as on 1X the data transfer is not as much as the time we remain connected.

Isn't there any app to switch between the two (rworld/rconnect) w/o using qpst (like we had in treo) ?

It seems possible when I looked at the ppp config files as its using environment variables for login/pass, so one just needs to do: export variablename=value in a shell and it should work. I guess we could put the export commands for two sets of login/pass variables in two shell scripts (say rworld.sh & rcon.sh) and run a terminal and call one of the scripts to do the switch every time and then use the data toggle app to start the connection

• Like 1

I am unable to get the UTS... login work on my Pre. My mobile no as login/pass works fine.

I have used the UTS.. login on my Treo for a long time so I am sure i am putting the login/pass correctly, but I never get the 1X icon on Pre.

Does UTS.. work for anyone else on Pre/Pixie ?

Also, am i correct that using the UTS.. thing we get RWorld (billed on data use) while using mobile no we get RConnect (billed on minutes connected), so rworld would be cheaper as on 1X the data transfer is not as much as the time we remain connected.

Isn't there any app to switch between the two (rworld/rconnect) w/o using qpst (like we had in treo) ?

It seems possible when I looked at the ppp config files as its using environment variables for login/pass, so one just needs to do: export variablename=value in a shell and it should work. I guess we could put the export commands for two sets of login/pass variables in two shell scripts (say rworld.sh & rcon.sh) and run a terminal and call one of the scripts to do the switch every time and then use the data toggle app to start the connection

Any luck with this Ami1, I didn't bother much since my co. foots the bill, but the Data usage has come to Rs 4700 !! for just a few days. I used to keep it on always thinking that its based on data transfer !!!! I need to do the same thing for Tata no to treat it as tethering.....

try using sam username password

never use mdn as username pass

it charges as per secs/ minutes

so if u keep data on 24/7 be ready for huge bills

Yes, sam1/password is working perfectly and although billing is data based (shown under rworld in bill) I don't keep it on all the time since callers will get engaged tone.

Unfortunately my co accounts dept deducts data usage costs from bill and debits that to us as they say for data only bb should be used, so i need to keep it low. Mine was around 500-700/- last month.

Your data bill will definitely be much lower on this than using your mobile number as login/pass since data transfer is quite low on phone while time connected is usually long (due to low 1x speeds and because of limited browsing/downloading capabilities of phones).

However, if you are using phone as modem for browsing on PC/laptop then it may be better to use phone no as login/pass.

I am a noob and need some more details, whats a SAM username and pass, and how do I change it? I apologize if you have already posted the method somewhere, is it something to do with qpst? I am good at following step by step instructions :D (for TATA pls)

Edited by kashishd

i am stuck in

2) press read from phone , it will ask for spc code , put in 000000 or whatever spc u have

when i enter spc code 000000 its showing wrong code enter again can any one help me from where i can get spc code for palm pixi sprint

i am stuck in

2) press read from phone , it will ask for spc code , put in 000000 or whatever spc u have

when i enter spc code 000000 its showing wrong code enter again can any one help me from where i can get spc code for palm pixi sprint

1. Ask your seller what is the SPC.

2. If that's not possible then read Muffaddal's tutorial on getting data on palm pre and in the initial portion there's a section on resetting the spc (if i remember correctly)

@Khan

if you have brought phone from rimweb 99.99% SPC will be 000000

If you have imported your self then you need to find spc

let me know the OS you are using then i can tell you the location for spc

thanks

hitesh