Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Bsnl Slashes Internet Charges

BSNL lowers internet access charges.

The peak hour internet charges would be cut to Rs 9.6 per hour from Rs 24 per hour at present.

Announcing this here on Saturday, the BSNL CMD, Mr A K Sinha said the peak hour internet charges during Sundays and National Holidays would be Rs 4.8 per hour.

Source: Economic times

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/888254.cms

can we expect same from Rim

Well, if they don't one can always ditch them and go for BSNL... :lol: This is too good to ignore for net users... :D

Surprisingly, it seems BSNL has been taking more "initiatives" than RIM...

Edited by raccoon

If not on RIM they have to provide the service on FWP. Noting the step motherly treatment to the FWP (compared to RIM) I think such an initiative would be taken very late if at all..!!

well but BSNL dial up really sux ... so i wudnt care much ....but prices shuould definately fall ...

Edited by chandramauli

Some people assume BSNL as poor performer bcz of word govt. associated with it. But for internet it is not so. To get me connected it takes just 10 Secs. It connects about 52 Kbps. I am using this from last 2 yrs and quiet satisfied with it.

In b/w I opted for RCONNECT but it proves costly especially with 200 subscription charges.

BSNL quiet cheap when you opt for Sancharnet connection (prepaid internet package) with night access from 11 to 6 AM free. Last year they even gifted me 50 hrs.

For usage BSNL is fine but when you have to download a lot of data then you should prefer RCONNECT but for daily use Email, reading posts and other such jobs BSNL is quiet economical.

Of late BSNL and MTNL have been much more responsive on the price front than Reliance. Especially on fixed line phones. Maybe Reliance is too busy solving all its billing problems! :rolleyes:

Im no BSNL fan, but with the current tariffs BSNL wins hands down! In a way the tariffs compensate for its drawbacks. I'v been using BSNL landline + BSNL pre paid and postpaid for net access. I certainly wont say its perfect, but considering the tariffs it'd say it certainly is the best option. Whats more it (Sancharnet) is definitely faster and MUCH cheaper than VSNL and other ISPs!

BSNL post paid (unlike RIM) also gives a very detailed report of usage. Hopefully with the current fall in tariffs, BSNL will also reduce the current 10p/min tariff...

Edited by raccoon

If any one says R connect is better than BSNL, than atleast in Ahmedabad, I feel BSNL is better. I use 500 PM, special line of BSNL and prepaid internet connection (4500 for 6 month, unlimited) It comes to about 7500 for 6 months, unlimited, 24 hoours. If one checks latency of reliance and BSNL, BSNL is far better.

Relience some times does gives excellent download speed (20-25 MB per hour) but BSNL is consitent at 14-16 MB per hour. If one remain connected for say 3-4 hours a day, then BSNL is far cheaper than 200 + 40 ps PM reliance.

BSNL also offers CLI based net access (500 PM + 10 ps per minute)

I used RIM for year and a half as was unaware abt 500 PM scheme.

BSNL internet is quite good.. i too have been using it since quite long. Even the GSM network of BSNL sounds good.. now only if they introduce GPRS internet on it... then i would junk reliance.

Even in Punjab BSNL is best and cheap. in last years i never felt a need to contact their customer care which toll free. but in case of Reliance every second day i am required to complain to *333, WW, CEO office. GOD save from RIM.

Jusmail, I belive these are telephone call tariffs only ...ISP charges are a seperate issue! So obviously while using Netone, you'll be billed according to the new, lower tariffs for the telephone calls, but Netone charges on 10p/min will apply.