Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

MTS India to enter new circles, targets 30 mn users

MTS India, mobile telephony brand of Sistema Shyam TeleServices, would be a pan-India operator by next year, a top company official said today.

"Currently we are present in 11 circles, very soon we will be entering new circles like Andhra Pradesh", Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd Chief Operating Officer (Tamil Nadu and Kerala) Srinivasa Rao Saripalli told reporters here.

The company currently has four million customers across the country and has set a target of reaching 30 million customers by 2012. About $1.5 billion have been invested."Of the $1.5 billion, Rs 350 crore has been invested in Tamil Nadu and Kerala alone", he said.

On the data services platform (MBlaze) which the company launched last year, he said the company has seen seen additions of 5,000-10,000 (subscribers) over the last three months.

"In Tamil Nadu alone we have 35,000 data service subscribers", he said.

MTS would also enter into Post-Paid services in May this year Saripalli, here to announce a range of services as part of their first anniversary celebrations, said.

In view of this MTS Subscribers can avail free calls from MTS to MTS customers across India and can freely download from data services for 24 hours today. A range of features like 27 service packs for MBlaze offering free usage from 250Mb upto 180 GB were also announced on the occasion.

Sistema Shyam Teleservices is a joint venture between Sistema of Russia and Shyam Group of India. Sistema is the majority share holder with a 74 per cent stake while Shyam Group holds 23.5 per cent.

does anybody tried calling?

is it free?

I don't understnad without expnading footprint in one state they are entering to other circle

And finally saying we are having 11 circle,

In maharashtra even now mobile/voice service not started?

MTS started selling only SIM card on counter.

These are OMH sim.

In maharashtra with frc of 98 or 148, sim is free.

Included benefit are 150,in local per month for 6 months. total 900min

MTS-India.jpg

MTS Launches Mobile Telephony Services In Gujarat

Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) today announced the launch of its mobile telephony services under the MTS brand in Gujarat.

The launch extends the company’s national footprint to 13 telecom circles including the entire Western region of India. With the launch, MTS customers in Gujarat will now have access to the nationally successful ½ paisa per second prepaid tariff plan enabling them to connect anywhere within the state.

In addition MTS mobile users will also have the benefit of ‘Timeage’. This innovative concept enables MTS customers to derive best mileage for the money invested in mobile services and handset bundled offers. The concept of ‘Timeage’ is unique and unmatched by any other competing options currently available in the market.

Timeage is all about providing added mileage to a customer’s mobile phone. Simply put it is the actual extended value derived from an MTS mobile, expressed as a function of time.

For e.g., a recharge of Rs. 100 done by an MTS mobile user would last for 67 days as compared to just 32 days being offered by any other operator (under standard talking conditions – 4.1 minutes a day).

Additionally MTS customers can also avail the added advantage of 25 % extra talk time with the First Recharge (FRC) of Rs. 55 on all future recharge vouchers valid for a year.

MTS-Gujarat-Launch-L-R-Navid-RashidCOO-Gujarat-CircleSSTL-Vsevolod-Rozanov-President-CEO-SSTL.jpg

Courtesy : Telecom Talk

Awesome.. now to wait until i get the connection here in Rajkot...

MTS eyes 30% CDMA market share in Gujarat

BS Reporter / Mumbai/ Ahmedabad December 03, 2010, 0:28 IST

Having rolled out its prepaid CDMA mobile telephony services, MTS, in Gujarat, Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) is now eyeing to grab a market share of 30 per cent in the state. Entering its 13th circle in the country, SSTL intends to build an MTS subscriber base of two lakhs for voice users and 6,000 data users by end of 2011.

"“The launch of MTS services in Gujarat will provide mobile customers the access to our nationally successful half paisa per second tariff plan. In-addition to an unmatched tariff, our focus is also to provide a world class customer care service and add more value-for-money for customer through innovative products like Recharge Booster, where we give 25 per cent extra talk time with every subsequent recharge for a year. By 2011 end, we have a target of two lakh voice users and 6,000 data users. We are expecting a CDMA market share of 30 per cent in Gujarat," said Navid Rashid, Chief Operating Officer, Gujarat.

SSTL's launch plan, spread across 245 towns and 5,000 villages, includes an investment of Rs 100 crore in Gujarat. These funds will be utilised in building the service network for MTS customers across the circle. Over the next 3 months, MTS customers would also be serviced by a network of over 150 dealers and 31000 retail outlets across the state. Going forward, MTS also plans to launch its high speed mobile broadband service in Gujarat under its flagship data brand 'MBlaze' by first quarter of 2011.

Additionally, MTS plans to launch its post paid mobile services in the state by Q1 2011. "Mobile customers in Gujarat will now get to experience the services of a global brand like MTS, which stands for world class telecom services backed by seamless connectivity on a congestion free network," said Vsevolod Rozanov, president and chief executive officer, Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL).

Going forward, MTS also intends to establish a strong data services business in Gujarat. "In voice and data, we are looking at 80:20 ratio in urban areas, and 90:10 in rural areas in Gujarat. We want to be known strongly as a data brand as well," Rashid added.

In a short span of time, MTS has secured over 7.5 million subscribers. The company is present in 12 other circles including Kolkata, West Bengal & Sikkim, Rajasthan, Chennai & Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Bihar & Jharkhand, Mumbai, Maharashtra & Goa, Delhi & NCR, Haryana, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh. MBlaze, the data service of MTS, offered in 84 towns of India, has over 3.5 lakh mobile broadband customers so far since its launch in November 2009.

Courtesy : Business Standard

target of 6000 data user,

But launching Mblaze in 2011 , Q1.

Why delay to launch and achive target, and positioned them as DATA Brand?

After Tata Docomo opening its technology in Gujarat circle, its MTS now. Yes, MTS has announced its launch in Gujarat too. MSC codes will be 9137.

Dear Friends

MTS is really in haste It is launching UP East major cities and towns tommorow I have seen their hoardings in Distt Lakhimpur

Gola and Distt Shahajhanpur but it is not clear they are providing EVDO or not

MTS has launched its EV-DO service in Sivakasi, Thiruthangal... Within two months it is coming to Rajapalayam..

This is what I expect from all other CDMA operators.. FAST expansion of EV-DO coverage... Now I am going to say GOOD BYE to Tata Photon+ connection(s)

Edited by KanagaDeepan

:previous:

Great news to hear that MTS is penetrating to even smaller towns....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm really happy for small-town people who are going to taste mobile broadband for the first time in their lovely little towns .....

Hope it'll help them in a small way to continue their life in their lovely towns rather than being forced to go pollution prone mega cities for their livelihood.....

Although I live in Metro and shuttle between metros, my love for small towns and villages of India is unfading from childhood.

Edited by kesav

MTS Launches Mobile Services in UP EAST and WEST

MTS-Launches-Mobile-Services-in-UP-EAST-and-WEST-300x198.jpg

Sistema Shyam Tele Services Limited (SSTL) the CDMA Mobile and Data service operator today announced the expansion of its national footprint. The company has launched its CDMA mobile telephony and Data services under the MTS brand in Uttar Pradesh East and UP West telecom Circles.

Announcing the launch of MTS in UP East and UP West Circles, Sergey Savchenko, Chief Financial Officer, Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) said, "The launch of telephony services by MTS in UP East and UP West has further expanded our national footprint.

MTS would now be able to address the telecom needs of over 80% of India 's population and about 92% of the data market potential in the country. This truly represents a very exciting opportunity for MTS."

According to Arvind Kumar, Chief Operating Officer, UP East and UP West Circles, "The launch of MTS services will provide mobile customers in UP East and UP West Circles access to our nationally successful ½ paisa per second tariff plan or 1 paisa per second + 25% extra value on core Talk time with every recharge. This is bound to result in huge savings for the customers. Additionally, our customers would get to experience world class telecom services backed by seamless connectivity on a congestion free network."

Telecomtalk

Has anyone tested MTS network in rural Maharashtra? Will someone share his experience of MTS network in rural Maharashtra vis-a-vis Reliance and Tata Indicom?

MTS Launches Mobile Services in UP EAST and WEST

MTS-Launches-Mobile-Services-in-UP-EAST-and-WEST-300x198.jpg

Sistema Shyam Tele Services Limited (SSTL) the CDMA Mobile and Data service operator today announced the expansion of its national footprint. The company has launched its CDMA mobile telephony and Data services under the MTS brand in Uttar Pradesh East and UP West telecom Circles.

Announcing the launch of MTS in UP East and UP West Circles, Sergey Savchenko, Chief Financial Officer, Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) said, "The launch of telephony services by MTS in UP East and UP West has further expanded our national footprint.

MTS would now be able to address the telecom needs of over 80% of India 's population and about 92% of the data market potential in the country. This truly represents a very exciting opportunity for MTS."

According to Arvind Kumar, Chief Operating Officer, UP East and UP West Circles, "The launch of MTS services will provide mobile customers in UP East and UP West Circles access to our nationally successful ½ paisa per second tariff plan or 1 paisa per second + 25% extra value on core Talk time with every recharge. This is bound to result in huge savings for the customers. Additionally, our customers would get to experience world class telecom services backed by seamless connectivity on a congestion free network."

Telecomtalk

Has anyone tested MTS network in rural Maharashtra? Will someone share his experience of MTS network in rural Maharashtra vis-a-vis Reliance and Tata Indicom?

I had visited Rural place in Amaravati disctrict, maharashtra,

MTS mobile chages it's network to tata indicom CDMA 1x,

Also You(MTS) being foreign customer or roaming on tata indicom network, Calls are sometimes not get connected easily.

tata mobile calls getting connected, but MTS mobile calls not getting connected 1/10.

Saket, thanks for the reply.

Actually I plan to shift to one of the CDMA networks after MNP. Will you suggest me MTS or should I try among Reliance and Tata Indicom?

Also You(MTS) being foreign customer or roaming on tata indicom network, Calls are sometimes not get connected easily.

tata mobile calls getting connected, but MTS mobile calls not getting connected 1/10.

Actually I plan to shift to one of the CDMA networks after MNP. Will you suggest me MTS or should I try among Reliance and Tata Indicom?

i would suggest you to check the waters first before you jump on the mnp bandwagon..

all the networks are going to try and hold on to the active customers, may mean better service, at the same or kesser cost.

Go for Reliance

Friends, I have bought one MTS connection today (the number is not yet active and I am still hunting for my old LG phone in my closet which is unlocked for all operators) and I got to know some information form the reseller..

I do not know if this is true or not, but he said that MTS is using the infrastructure of tata indicom for certain things like BTS here in Gujarat.. He says if there is tata signal in your area, then you will get MTS signal as well.. I do not trust tht guy, and so posting this info here..

Is this true??

U can choose as per ur requiremnt, each netwotk has some pros and cons,

Choose which best suits u.

My peference for maharashta

1. Tata indicom

2. MTS

3. Reliance

Friends, I have bought one MTS connection today (the number is not yet active and I am still hunting for my old LG phone in my closet which is unlocked for all operators) and I got to know some information form the reseller..

I do not know if this is true or not, but he said that MTS is using the infrastructure of tata indicom for certain things like BTS here in Gujarat.. He says if there is tata signal in your area, then you will get MTS signal as well.. I do not trust tht guy, and so posting this info here..

Is this true??

MTS is having tower sharing in all circle,

If ur area is covered by mts, then u will latched to mts n/w, if not then latched to tata network. simple.

But in some area mts may have good coevage than tata and vice versa.

As per Kamal bhai's suggestion, I am posting my Sppedtest result for MTS MBlaze service (used in Sivakasi, RoTN) below...

1089646636.png

Kanaga Bhai....MTS MBlaze speeds seems to be good at your place. Hope the speed will increase further. :)

:previous:

Yes Kamal bhai.. They are having 4 BTS here in Sivakasi (all with EV-DO and 1x) whereas Tata has just 2 BTS with 1x only.. They launched with the FREE Reebok shoe offer (Rs999-Device + Rs999 FRC == FREE Reebok shoe + OneMonth UnLimited FREE EV-DO) and I got two connections.. Within Jan first week, they are going to launch in Rajapalayam and within JanEnd, they are going to launch in Virudhunagar.. That means "ALMOST BLANKET COVERAGE OF EV-DO IN OUR DISTRICT"..

Whereas Tata has STILL NOT LAUNCHED EV-DO in Madurai itself <<Second largest city of TN>>.. I have already told TataGuys in their Customer meet and SME meet earlier (for past one year) about the importance of EV-DO coverage expansion, which they didn't care much, imho.. Result, I have now surrendered my photon+ connection and going to close another PhotonWhiz (1x) connection next month..

(Earlier I was about to post my exp on SME meet in Sivakasi in RimWeb, but our Local dealer <<He is also my relative in one way>> stopped me from doing so as most of the part was FULL of complaints and negligence of Tata RoTN higher officials)

Edited by KanagaDeepan