Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
danny2005cse

Reliance Spams Its Mobile Users

I receive offer sms everyday which I have already activated. Not just 1 SMS - many messages :angry: everyday and my other personal SMS will be waiting for me to free the inbox.

SMSs regarding Quiz play. you need answer the question through SMS which will cost Rs.3 and score points - no Terms conditions info found in Rworld as well as customer care - but you get msgs evryday

SMS saying tollfree services. But they charge for it :Ohhhh: - This one should be the biggest FRAUD. (IT SHOULDNT SAY FREE WHEN IT COSTS)

SMS informing about offer in their services - These will be activated even if you dial by mistake for .01 second (my duration of call to mentioned number was 00.00, but my credit was completely consumed - I had to spend lot of time in getting that money back) :help:

Customer Care: They'll put you on hold for long time if they couldnt answer your question; Else, the Software of CCE will be busy all the time. :clap:

I receive offer sms everyday which I have already activated. Not just 1 SMS - many messages :angry: everyday and my other personal SMS will be waiting for me to free the inbox.

SMSs regarding Quiz play. you need answer the question through SMS which will cost Rs.3 and score points - no Terms conditions info found in Rworld as well as customer care - but you get msgs evryday

SMS saying tollfree services. But they charge for it :Ohhhh: - This one should be the biggest FRAUD. (IT SHOULDNT SAY FREE WHEN IT COSTS)

SMS informing about offer in their services - These will be activated even if you dial by mistake for .01 second (my duration of call to mentioned number was 00.00, but my credit was completely consumed - I had to spend lot of time in getting that money back) :help:

Customer Care: They'll put you on hold for long time if they couldnt answer your question; Else, the Software of CCE will be busy all the time. :clap:

To stop recieving SMS and unwanted Telemarketing call, register for do not call registry...more info. is here http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communications/rcom/Rm/rm_index.jsp

i had same problem 4 mnths back , i used to recieve around 20 30 sms from reliance daily

but since i suscribed to DND all spam sms and calls have completely stopped

To register for DNC you can also call 1909(toll free)

Yep, DND is a regulatory initiative.

YES !

DND to 1909 worked ,

i did it almost 1 year back,

they stoped sending me sms after one month,

till date no problem...

At least they have done something right.

Thanks Telecom authority :signthankspin:

Edited by hitesh123

why cant they activate dnd by default on all new connections at-least.

I got a new gsm sim, been getting spam as mentioned above...registered for DND but I have to endure the spam for another 45 days !

trai is considering to stop this do not call and "do call"

in that only users who wish to get such calls or sms should subscribe all other user will not get any calls or sms

^^^

this is much better than current 45 days for un-subscription..

:previous: I dunno how this will work, because I'm pretty sure most people will never change the default and opt to receive messages. 

As for the 45 day thing, I stopped receiving spam much earlier than 45 days on my Idea phone.

why cant they activate dnd by default on all new connections at-least.

I got a new gsm sim, been getting spam as mentioned above...registered for DND but I have to endure the spam for another 45 days !

I know this is an old post but, when I got my RGSM connection last month, the application form itself had an option to enable DND. Didn't you select that option?

:previous:

i did not take RGSM sim recently..

even when i registered for DND with my TATA indicom connection spam msgs stopped within 5-6 days.

I did it 1.5 yrs back till date no spam msgs/calls. except for 1 or 2 calls a year by mistake.

:previous: You should report those SMSs to Tata Indicom and expect the sending nos. to be deactivated.

^^^

What if that person is sending sms thru website sms packs,

he can get new packs every day with different username, no one is going to investigate ip address and identity of the sender.

It is almost impossible to stop that one or two sms in month.

but DnD is effective for registered companies,

Like i stop getting sms from companies like icici, hdfc, offers of the day from ebay like websites etc etc.

Even phone calls are almost stoped.

So DND should be there, but every system has its own flaws .

Edited by hitesh123

Well, then that website should be held accountable... they should not allow their services to be used for telemarketing. If it does, then maybe the operator should block all SMSs from that site. Either way, someone has to be accountable. Anyway, this hasn't happened to me yet. Will deal with it if it does happen...   <_<