Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anshu_s09

Prepaid Connection Likely To Be Banned In J&k

Here is a bad news for of Pre-paid mobile phone subscribers in Jammu & Kashmir.Millions of Prepaid Mobile service users may no longer be able to use their mobile phone connections. This is because; the government is examining the possibility of banning pre-paid cellular services in these security sensitive areas.

According to the latest media reports from PTI, the Government of India has plans for banning Prepaid mobile service in the in the Kashmir valley Jammu and Kashmir state for security reasons.

Union Home Minister Mr. P Chidambaram announced this while addressing the media in Srinagar at the All India Editors’ Conference organized by Press Information Bureau. Mr. P Chidambaram said “I urge everyone to switch over to post-paid mobile connections. We may have to ban the use of pre-paid connection for a while in the Kashmir valley if people do not switch over to post-paid”.

This can affect nearly 38 lakh Mobile Subsribers of the state who use prepaid connections from various mobile service operators. The GSM Mobile Operator Airtel has nearly 19 lakh GSM subscribers followed by BSNL having 12 lakh and Aircel having 7 lakh.

Currently, Indian citizens of other states who have a pre-paid connection are not allowed roaming facilities while visiting J&K and the seven North Eastern states. Media has learnt that the government has no plans to lift this restriction in the immediate future.

http://telecomtalk.info/pre-paid-mobile-connections-may-be-banned-in-jk/11198/#more-11198

• Like 1

Were prepaids not banned there. Last I heard was that any visitor to J&K had to be a postpaid subscriber, otherwise his handset will not work, i.e. if roaming in J&K you had to be a postpaid subscriber!

• Like 1

Were prepaids not banned there. Last I heard was that any visitor to J&K had to be a postpaid subscriber, otherwise his handset will not work, i.e. if roaming in J&K you had to be a postpaid subscriber!

you can not use the PrePaid no in J&K and North East while roaming. only postpaid nos are allowed. however you can purchase the prepaid no in J&K.

and if you want to save on roaming charges you can rent a SIM for 50 Rs after giving security deposit of Rs 50 in J&K i saw many shopkeepers are doing this

• Like 1

What is the current status of Pre-paid roaming in JK, Specially in Srinagar, Pahelgam

Will somehow Reliance CDMA or Docomo Prepaid work over there??

If not will I be able to take a prepaid connection over there?

• Like 1

i visited sikkim approx 18 months back and my mts pre paid sim was working fine.

• Like 1

i visited sikkim approx 18 months back and my mts pre paid sim was working fine.

Any Details on J&K?

I think still now NO PREPAID roaming is allowed in 3 circles, JK, Assam, NE... I think Sikkim comes under RestOfBengal circle along with Andaman & Nicobar islands (not sure)...

I checked in JK say two years back, all postpaid numbers were working, whereas NO prepaid numbers were allowed for roaming...

• Like 1

Prepaid roaming has been allowed in Assam and north east from last 1 year. only J&k is still banned.

kanaga sir my vodafone prepaid and reliance prepaid were working in guwahati 4 months back. I dont know how..!

Hmm... Nice to hear that for Assam and NE circles.. Anybody from JK can confirm the situation there reg Prepaid roaming???

Hmm... Nice to hear that for Assam and NE circles.. Anybody from JK can confirm the situation there reg Prepaid roaming???

There is no prepaid roaming as of now in J&K

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2