Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ngcoderq

LG RD2030 Walpaper decoding

Hello

The wall papers stored in the LGrd2030 phones are simply stored as a combination of grey and blavk bitmap images one after the other and has the following format ... 24 ( Header )+ 840 ( Gray mask ) + 840 ( Black mask ) the header has the name of the file displayed and the type of the file information . So now you know how its stored here is a small program for its decoding

#include <graphics.h>

#include <stdlib.h>

#include <stdio.h>

#include <conio.h>

#include <math.h>

int main(void)

{

/* request auto detection */

int gdriver = DETECT, gmode, errorcode;

initgraph(&gdriver, &gmode, "");

int d,a,b,c;

int x=0,y=0;

FILE *fp;

fp=fopen("icon02.dat","rb");

if(fp==NULL) { printf("file open error");return -1;}

fseek(fp,24,SEEK_SET);

x=0;y=0;

while(1)

{

d=fgetc(fp);

if(d==EOF) break;

if(y>55){x++;y=0;}

for(c=0;c<8;c++)

{

b=pow(2,c);

if( (b & d ) > 0){putpixel(50+x*1,50+y*1,15);}

else {putpixel(50+x*1,50+y*1,1);}

y++;

}

}

fclose(fp);

getch();

closegraph();

return 0;

}

Soon a program to make wallpapers will be coming up :)

Thanks yaar

I uploaded my first Wallpaper :confuse:

hey nice work... i checked it out... can u improve the quality.. its of no use to me coz i dont use wallpapers.. btw jax i saw a collection of 100 wall papers in the link u gave.. could we use it on our mobile?

that was a great tut !. but stil i am not able to make the background of my image to the background of the phone so that it might look transparent !.

any suggestions ?./

anyway thanks friends !.

i tried making the bitmap using the background as transparent and the fore ground color as black .1

( i use photoshop)

and now it is perfectly fine !

thanq

can we see here, wht u've made?

hi

Is there any way through which we can have the default wallpaper if after sometime we dont want to have any?

can we restore/remove it?

thanks

Is there any way through which we can have the default wallpaper if after sometime we dont want to have any?

can we restore/remove  it?

Save the icon0X.dat u want to restore later to your system...

Do that before overwriting the file with your wallpaper :)

hi guys

its good to see ppl taking such active interest and contributing so much to the forum as well as its users. i dont have much interest in wall papers, but it gladens me to see that no one is gonna blame me for not giving much interest to wall papers, like i did for ringtones. thanks to ppl like u.. keep up the good work. and do come to us if u need any help, i wont be able to help much with creating wall papers. i dont know anything bout it. and i bet i can learn a lot from u guys. but in any other way. dont hesitate to ask.

thanks again for making this a success.

hi guys ,

Have you guys figured out that even if we make someting black in color,

The picture in the mobile turns out a shade of gray.

Im sure there can be a blacker shade.

i tried everythng....

Pls tell me if theres anything im missing out...

bye...

I too noticed.. tat...

Some pics have lighter shades of grey...

Anybody got any idea... :)

I was unsuccessful while using BitPim with USB cable. Also, it isn't true that you will get more speed while using USB cable than Serial cable. I brought a duplicate Serial Cable for Rs.275 for uploading the ringotnes/wall papers.

Hi arun,

Well its not true that you can communicate faster with the USB cable...

The truth is that USB (Universal serial bus) Has a capacity of carrying more information. and fasster ( little over 2GBPS).

However, When communicating with the phone, It has to communicate at a speed supported by the phone....

Now the serial cable and the phone work at the same speed (slower that USB)

So even if you use a USB cable, The phone is going to communicate with the PC at the same speed as when using a USB cable...

As far as USB cables go, I have never tried connecting with a USB cable....

I however have a duplicate serial cable too and it works fine...

Hope this helps...

Love,

pretender

hey guys whats up yaar. me having a USB cable n its the easiest to use as far as adding rtones n wallpapers is concerned. I would recommend using winxp but win98 bhi chalega. Just follow the following instructions.

1. read the adding wall paper n rtone tutorial on this forum.

2. now connect ur phone n load bitpim

3. goto file system n retrive the data.

4. initially it will give an error. click "ok" n try refresh (rt. click on the - sign)

5. now bitpim will read ur phone's filesystem. if not try refreshing till it reads it.

Hey do let me know if that woks (i'm sure it'll) :)

Hi arun,

Well its not true that you can communicate faster with the USB cable...

The truth is that USB (Universal serial bus) Has a capacity of carrying more information. and fasster ( little over 2GBPS).

However, When communicating with the phone, It has to communicate at a speed supported by the phone....

Now the serial cable and the phone work at the same speed (slower that USB)

So even if you use a USB cable, The phone is going to communicate with the PC at the same speed as when using a USB cable...

pretender, that is exactly what I meant in my post. You must have missed the "isn't" in it. OK, making it bolder now :)

hi friends !.

i havejust tried the thing over and over again and find out one thing about the wall paper thing !. i used photoshop to creat the bmp file !. while u create a new image. use the background = transparent and the mode as gray scale !. and then the other procedure is the samething.(the size of the image) and orient the image a bit downwards coz i guess most of them have their clock(in the show mode). so that it doesnt get overlapped with the clock ! now whatever the text i write i get that in the same background as in the phone!. so it appears perfectly fit on RD2030!.

well everyone heres a small program i made quite a long time ago... it' can be used to view the phone wallpapers on the PC.

it's not really perfect cauz i never got any time to work on it... hope you like it.

if you have some suggestions or would like some improvements please mail me at suroj_sen@rediffmail.com

Wall_View.exe

Sorry Dude There's No Way U Can U/L Or D/L Wallpapers To You'r Mobile Without The Datacable.