Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mehulbpandya

Reliance Bb Bis And Data Plan - Want To Understand Difference

Dear All,

I am contemplating shifting to Blackberry from my Mogul.

I understand that by subscribing to BIS 299 plan, I can get realtime push email for upto 10 email IDs; however, wanted to check whether we can use existing mobile internet data plan (which I use on my Mogul by dialing NonProxy #777) on BB instruments as well. I checked with customer care but the dumb people couldn't understand what I was asking and they kept on telling that I need to subscribe for a new data plan on BB.

Can any one advise? It would help me taking an informed decision.

Regards

PS: Apology if I am repeating the topic. Request the moderator to put under a discusison thread (I did try to find out, but couldn't find any topic on this discussion)

No u cant.. Net connect is possible through PC but from phone its not.. On PPC its like connecting From ur PC... but BB is smart phone and cant do that..

Bloackberry is a Operator Tied up Phone and its Very Hard to Get it activated in Reliance Becuase it require 2 Way Activation

No u cant.. Net connect is possible through PC but from phone its not.. On PPC its like connecting From ur PC... but BB is smart phone and cant do that..

Hi Sadikk Bhai, u said "Net connect is possible through PC" How..? if its a sprint BB.Pls explain or show me some links which explain this..

Regrads

^

better not get into that.... as its difficult on solved BB phones.... these will remain primarily for voice and sms only on reliance...

• Like 1

let me give u a real picture

on gsm bbs u can use data on bb without BIS thru putting in ur gprs settings in tcp

in cdma bbs u can use data without bis

people in usa ( tonycortes) have found a way to make customised service books with ur wtcp gateway settings and other proxy port settings

they are using data on sprint bbs on metropcs and cricket

but none of these solutions are free , u have to pay for it

i prefer bis on bbs thats y i have given up my efforts to get data on cdma bbs

• Like 1

let me give u a real picture

on gsm bbs u can use data on bb without BIS thru putting in ur gprs settings in tcp

in cdma bbs u can use data without bis

people in usa ( tonycortes) have found a way to make customised service books with ur wtcp gateway settings and other proxy port settings

they are using data on sprint bbs on metropcs and cricket

but none of these solutions are free , u have to pay for it

i prefer bis on bbs thats y i have given up my efforts to get data on cdma bbs

I am not able to use dtat with my aircel connection even after entering settings. CC says not possible. Is it so?

Hi,

I am not able to use dtat with my aircel connection even after entering settings. CC says not possible. Is it so?

Install Opera Mini. It should work. The inbuilt browser may not work with just the data settings. That is what I experienced in the BB with cellone connection.