Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
karpar

Dictionary Doesn't Add The Word "unbill"!

Has anyone noticed that the dictionary in the 2030 doesn't add the word "Unbill"???

Edited by karpar

There are several that doesn't get added no matter what U do. These words vary with the hanset models too :unsure:

U can save Ur t9en db file and delete it from phone than retry adding - still if doesn't help - U can't prolly do anything more (restore Ur old db file to resore the words U added back accepting th defeat :P )

As far as the word "unbill" goes, I just tried it on my RD2030 ...and it did get added to the T9 database! So I guess differnt handsets got different problems!!

I also checked if the names in the address book are there in the T9 database (this has been discussed in another forum) ...and i find that some are there and some are not!!! :confuse:

I guess RIM has installed different bugs on different handsets for variety ...and to keep us entertained! :rolleyes:

Edited by raccoon

U can save Ur t9en db file and delete it from phone than retry adding - still if doesn't help - U can't prolly do anything more (restore Ur old db file to resore the words U added back accepting th defeat :confuse: )

16761[/snapback]

Ever tried that :rolleyes:

Damn wid RIM T9 :confuse: I've learnt using part part T9 ;) Like for UNBILL .. i would press 86 NEXT and then 2455

For every other thing, rather than fighting for that stupid T9, i use PART T9 :rolleyes: That serves me quicker rather than using Abc

i have the buggy moonlight and i face the same problem ... the word "unbill" doesnt seem to get registered in the dictionary! the only way of getting around this problem is to store this word in a template (dont know whether 2030 allows you to edit templates ... does it ?)

Ever tried that :rolleyes:

Yes I tried that and it worked when I was at one stage unable to add many words to my 7130 :confuse:

Has anyone noticed that the dictionary in the 2030 doesn't add the word "Unbill"???

16742[/snapback]

wat.. WHAT?? You gone crazy. How is that possible. ;) You may not be doing it right. Follow these steps to add word onto T9ENs custom dictionary.

1. Go to abc mode

2, Type the word you want to add to custom dictionary. say "UNBILL"

3. Now without a space change back to T9EN.

4. Space (in T9EN mode only)

Try typing UNBILL in t9en. It works on RD 2030.

PS: Forgive me if I am out of order, but was really that simple :D

Indeed, it should work...

What I'v really not been able to coax into the T9 database inspite of several skirmishes with it are smilies like ":-)", etc... :D Generically, T9 is supposed to be able to add such symbols. Don't know why you can do it on RD 2030. Is it possible on other RIM models?

Edited by raccoon

Mahidhar I guess 2030/7130/7130 users are lucky in this regard as they can say good bye(delete using bitpim) to the t9 database if it starts acting out. On 2130 it isn't visible in bitpim I guess. :)

16742[/snapback]

wat.. WHAT?? You gone crazy. How is that possible. ;) You may not be doing it right. Follow these steps to add word onto T9ENs custom dictionary.

1. Go to abc mode

2, Type the word you want to add to custom dictionary. say "UNBILL"

3. Now without a space change back to T9EN.

4. Space (in T9EN mode only)

Try typing UNBILL in t9en. It works on RD 2030.

PS: Forgive me if I am out of order, but was really that simple :D

16901[/snapback]

I'm sure I know the procedure and I've definitely done it the right way, EEPROM.

For those of you for whom its not working, keep only 14 messages in your inbox and type the word "unbill" with abc and try it again with t9en and it will work.