Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Digital Camera

I am planning to buy a digital camera just for personal use. Budget Max 10,000/-.

I found Samsung ES17 and Sony W190.

Kindly suggest which will be better and best.

Well I would suggest go for Canon A1100 IS. Canon cams are better than Sony for low light photography. It's my personal experience. Here is the ebay URL where you can get the same for Rs 8565/- http://cgi.ebay.in/C...=item414a30e794

Edited by konquerror

I am planning to buy a digital camera just for personal use. Budget Max 10,000/-.

I found Samsung ES17 and Sony W190.

Kindly suggest which will be better and best.

don't go for sony or samsung

go for canon or nikon which ever suits to you.

in case of sony technology get's outdated very fequently. like memory cards. for any thing you have to pay more because you are suppose to purchase it from sony only. in case of samsung service support is pathetic. also phones are very delicate.

Canon and Nikon are pinoreer in this market

my experience with canon.. sensor replaced free of cost even after 2 yr warranty period

One photographer told me that in higher range, canon is superior to nikon, and nikon is actually considered as poor man's canon!

I will also support the above notion, that go for Canon. Don't fall for ad gimmicks, find a camera with max lens size (usually 1/2.5", but some cams go upto 1/1.8"), and the camera should give you full manual mode. VERY useful for going deep into learning photography.

You can check in e-bay for some really good deals.I bought Sony DSC T90 with 2GB card and 1 yr warranty

from e-bay for Rs.12900/- and also received Moser Baer DVD player as Diwali gift from e-bay.Camera

quality is top notch and pictures are also superb. But in regular market, I too feel that Sony products are

priced very high as the same is available at 17500/-. You may get some good deals on cameras referred by

Rimwebians .

Below is the link for camera which I bought from e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180417257359&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yes canon is good for low light photography.. Also go for a reasonable optical zoom. 10x or more..

btw what about Panasonic lumix ?

M too intersted in buying a digital camera with same requirements.........

@savramesh - Can u suggest some good model in this budget (cannon or panasonic). 10x optical zoom? Wat wud that cost me?

I Think go for digital slr camera like D40 buggets is high but I think go for Digital SLR.

@savramesh - Can u suggest some good model in this budget (cannon or panasonic). 10x optical zoom? Wat wud that cost me?

Canon Powershot SX120 IS specifications and cost available in the website.. 2 years back my friend bought a similar model camera from japan for around 13k..

i could not find the price of lumix cameras..

What about Canon A480...it's 10MP cam available for Rs 5735/-...anyone having any experience with this cam?

I have also found Canon microcontrast much better then the others - result sharper looking pictures. I think the new Nikons should be about the same. As for Panasonic they have a Leica lens, I do not know the rest.

I would advise go for a camera which takes AA batteries, rather than custom batteries.

I you want to buy mail order have a look at www.jjmehta.com. My experience (of half a dozen purchases) suggests they are excellent.

Edited by sgiitk

Always buy camera that has IS i.e. image stabilization, otherwise on zoom the photos will always be blurred. Specially with super zoom cameras, IS is must. The canon 480 does not have IS, also it has DIGIC II processor IIRC, and not DIGIC III. Go for advanced ones. Buy as updated camera as permitted by your budget, not the ones being phased out.

just visit the link

www.jjmehta.com

u will get a detailed review and latest prices

btw I would giv full marks to Canon only

me used A710IS for 4 years

fujifilm has just launched the world slimmest 10x ultrazoom camera - finepix f70exr- http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/f/finepix_f70exr/;

10x optical zoom 10MP - this is one camera that can give my Canon S5IS a run for its money; I will consider this as a compact camera for my wife...

I Think go for digital slr camera like D40 buggets is high but I think go for Digital SLR.

well if you are a amature photographer never go for SLR because they are bulky. and you will miss out many good moments. SLRS and semi SLRs like D40 is ment for the people who really want to go for serious photography

• Like 1

Using Canon powershot A720IS for the last I yr.Having 6x optical zoom,image stabilization,Full manual control.Good Quality of videos too(avi).Worth buying...

check this

fujifilm has just launched the world slimmest 10x ultrazoom camera - finepix f70exr- http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/f/finepix_f70exr/;

10x optical zoom 10MP - this is one camera that can give my Canon S5IS a run for its money; I will consider this as a compact camera for my wife...

Dont buy Fuji cameras

One of my friend Brought one 10 MP .... Its simply Pathetic ...

On ebay cameras are available cheap with dealer warranty. Should I go for camera with dealer warranty or opt for manufacturer warranty by paying more (Approx 1.5K - 2K)

previous.gifDealer's warranty is of no use...suppose you buy cam and then your dealer disappears from ebay...what will you do? Always go for manufacturer warranty AFAIK.

Well, bought FE46 Olympus.

Its a 12.5 MP camera with 5X optical and 4X digital zoom.

Bought it for 6K from rediff...

Till date, its running good.

Dealer warranty is nt worth but yes, it saves u money and anywaz the rate of defect in DG Cam is quite less, so one can take the risk as far as i think!

I would recommend canon.Its the best among the lot.