Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
afzal_6339

Invalid Imei Number

I am using Spice D88n CDMA GSM Handset..

Today i got sms from reliance saying that your handset IMEI number is invalid! :(:NOTriste: To enjoy uninterrupted services, change to a valid IMEI handset or get IMEI updated through IMEI service center..

what to do???

From where did you purchase it? Was it through an authorized retailer?

may be reliance network is invalid .... :Contento: just kidding

I think you should confirm this sms details from RIM CC, This sms may be a HOAX,

If this CC says your IMEI is invalid, rush to a service center with your original bill.

If they say your IMEI is valid ask them for written confirmation.

For getting the written confirmation you may have to meet some senior person in service center,

also you may have to argue a lot for getting it.

On a related note, are there any authorized IMEI service centers in Trivandrum?

Even I receive an SMS from ID-53123 which says that I should sms my IMEI no to this no. to check weather it is valid or not & if it is'nt valid then I should get it updated.

Is there any way through which I can check weather my IMEI is valid or not ?

Dont do anything... these sms and IVR calls are coming by error to some valid IMEI handsets too.. Relax..

I bought it from MobileStore, Trivandrum..

I called cc & they told to visit service center.

Even I receive an SMS from ID-53123 which says that I should sms my IMEI no to this no. to check weather it is valid or not & if it is'nt valid then I should get it updated.

Is there any way through which I can check weather my IMEI is valid or not ?

Checkout http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communications/rcom/Rm/information.jsp. The info you seek is listed in that link :)

I bought it from MobileStore, Trivandrum..

I called cc & they told to visit service center.

Please check your IMEI number on http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis⊂=imeinr

IMEI no displayed using *#06# is different from that written in battery plate in my handset (spice D88n cdma/gsm).

And the above link says that the IMEI no is valid(on battery plate) but they do not have any info abt this handset.

Edited by afzal_6339

hi

i want to see my nokia 6275 IMEI NO.

I use *3001#12345# there is no 15 digit no.

please help

Dont do anything... these sms and IVR calls are coming by error to some valid IMEI handsets too.. Relax..

But out of curosity I sent a msg [iMEI ***************] to 53232 (this is a generic no. to check IMEI of all GSM handsets).

My Imei for the Blackberry 8830we bought from u was VALID thumb.gif

IMEI no displayed using *#06# is different from that written in battery plate in my handset

If this is the case.. contact Spice asap.. as i think ur IMEI is tempered or not valid.. as it shud match with ur IMEI which u get from *#06# code..

Hope ur IMEI is not cloned ya... get it done ASAP...

hi

please help

Hi,

Nokia 6275 is a CDMA handset,

so it dont have IMEI number, IMEI is only for GSM mobiles.

CDMA handsets work on ESN or MEID, in your case you will be having ESN, which you can find under the battery, or by code you mention.

Concerned over the national security, the Department of Telecom (DoT) had asked all operators to disconnect services to handsets that do not have IMEI number after November 30th 2009. The DoT move comes after security agencies found the these type mobile handsets with invalid IMEI has been used by terrorists.

But now with a new software, developed by Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and Mobile Standards Alliance of India, users of such handsets could get genuine IMEI numbers and continue to receive telecom service, But for this the concern customers will have to visit the centers and get the IMEI downloaded into their handsets for a cost Rs.199/- (Rupees One Hundred Ninety Nine).

Source:

http://www.topnews.in/dot-allows-coai-plant-imei-number-through-software-2162180

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/business/india-business/Pay-Rs-199-to-get-IMEI-for-Chinese-phone/articleshow/5073875.cms

Edited by ak9888

Good move for giving valid IMEI for just 199.00,

Now china mobile will be usable on all telecoms network.

I also got an SMS on my GSM nokia bought in 2001!

from a nokia store in delhi...

invalid IMEI #

but its displays the imei when you press *#06#

does this mean they will have to change the imei?

nokia handsets should not have an imei problem or have to pay rs. 200 to get a new one

Got my old CHINA mobile (Dual SIM) phone IMPLANTED with Genuine IMEI in a centre in my town Sivakasi... And got confirmation SMS reg. them.. I also checked its genuineness by sending SMS "IMEI <IMEI Number>" to 57886...

:signthankspin: for this wonderful forum... Am using my BSNL SIM with tariff shifted from 525Rs to 99Rs and DoCoMo PREPAID SIM with local mobile @ 1p/2sec :winko: on the NOW-GENUINE CHina Handset...

Edited by kanagadeepan

but how do you know if the Imei you have on your china mobile is genuine or not since when I check my imei on net it shows that the Imei is correct and even tells me what is the model of handset still I get a mail that my Imei is not genuine whom should I trust. I had gone to the centre for Imei implant there they just checked on *#06# and told it is genuine

the nokia service centre is asking for a bill for my handset bought 8 years ago

does this mean i can't get a valid IMEI even though it was bought from a nokia store?

i have found out that my imei has expired and nokia just needs to renew it

is anyone else having this problem with a nokia?

:angry:

IMEI is actually only for GSM mate: )

hi

please help

I am using Spice D88n CDMA GSM Handset..

Today i got sms from reliance saying that your handset IMEI number is invalid! :(:NOTriste: To enjoy uninterrupted services, change to a valid IMEI handset or get IMEI updated through IMEI service center..

what to do???

Just go to Spice ASC, they will do it free of cost.

I have already faced this situation & they said that the phone is going to the default mode hence the IMEI also changed to the default one, and they are just restoring it. Anyway just do it.

Edited by Asit